Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2006-2007

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The two rumours are as follows:
1. Abrimovich is behind all of this and the two will be at Chelski next season, one of the two as soon as January.
2. MSI ( a sports marketing firm and player agency) owns their rights, and has worked out a deal at West Ham...
source: HERE

The other interesting thing to note is that MSI is supposedly, and has supposedly been, trying to take over West Ham, perhaps turning them into another Chel$ki.
Read the story here

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting Rumors. I had heard West Ham hoped to be dominated the leaguea nd transfer market in a Chelskish fashion within 5 years. So it woul dmake sense someone or group with major bucks would be looking to buy.

On a another note. Gutted over result at Goodison Park yesterday. Defence looked awful and failure to score is always a bad thing. Risse hurt agian to add insult and all this with CL game this week. Can't think, rather lose to MU of Chelski than those bastarads.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
The key for Liverpool is not having such a shitty start to the season as they did last year

Well, so much for Liverpool having a good start to the season. There is certainly a long way to go but it'd be nice not to have to play ketchup. Or catch-up either.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last weekend saw both of Chelsea's top two keepers knocked unconscious, and in Petr Cech's case, seriously injured. Cech has already undergone surgery for a cracked skull and will likely miss at least six months, but probably more. Now, Reading's Stephen Cnut, excuse me, Hunt, has denied any maliciousness, but after watching the video it looks to me as if he delibrately puts his knee in. Cudicini's injury also looked far from accidental if you ask me, but I'll let you decide for yourselves. Below are videos of the two injuries.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7b9YrZ8244]Cech injury[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ysKYGV8bWw&mode=related&search=]Cudicini injury[/ame]

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The first incident it did look like he sort of stuck out his knee, but only Stephen Hunt knows the truth.

As for Cudicini, like the announcer said, he did very well to get to the ball and get a fist on it, but at that exact moment, he left himself vulnerable, Sonko was attacking the ball in the air and simply crashed into him. IMO Cudicinis' head smakcing the ground was what did him in.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandy,

A tad late on your post but I couldn't find the game anywhere. Mind you, you probably didn't want to get up that early to see your lads get hammered 2-0 did you ??! :D

Scholes in the 39th & Ferdinand in the 66th :wa:

Soccernet.com said:
Liverpool were outplayed and at times embarrassed at Old Trafford by a vibrant Manchester United side who are back on top of the Barclays Premiership with an 11-point lead on Rafael Benitez's distraught men.

Dap .... your taxi's waiting :D

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lalalalala, I can't hear you.

Aaaaargh.

I think I'll go jump off the Cambie Street Bridge now. The jump won't kill me but all the crap floating in False Creek will.

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
at the half, United 1-0 Chelsea

foxsports (in delta) is either blacked out, or due to the weather, has no feed at all

manutd.com has free audio if you sign up for it

does anyone have a link or a way to watch the game on the net?

saha scored in the 29th minute, and drogba threw an elbow and caught vidic square in the face, only got a yellow for it, and this was after ballack had already caught vidic in the face with an elbow earlier in the game

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man Utd 1-1 Chelski

A very entertaining game. Man U dominated the 1st half and were unlucky to be only 1 nil up at the break. JTG was right about the Drogba elbow. Replay clearly showed his intent. Red should've been given! In the 2nd half, Chelsea looked slightly the more dangerous side. Vidic was solid, and marked Drogba well. Unfortunate about Chelsea's goal, as Van der Sar had it covered until Saha headed it over his diving hand. Apart from Saha's goal, he looks to be struggling with parts of his game. He had a bit of a mare in the Celtic game as well, but with Solskjaer still injured, there's noone else to put upfront.
Here's hoping for an eventful January window.

hargreavesandtorresforchristmasinjanuary

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought the tie was a fair result, MU dominated the first, and Chelsea the second. I thought Robben looked sub-par out there, and in the second half, Chelsea looked deeper.

Wonderful goal by Saha. Shevchenko was a ghost. Ultimately I think Chelsea's goaltending may be exposed.

Great game though.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How would you like to be the will be very likely fighting relegation all year Sheffield United's midfielder Phil Jagielka, his side up 1-0 at home to Arsenal, after his side's one and only goaltender Paddy Kenny goes down with a groin injury, to have to peel off your red and white striped shirt for the grey #1 and a borrowed pair of gloves and go up against the Gunners for the last half hour?

PS The accidental goaltender replacement's nickname is "JAGS".

PPS And he kept a clean sheet.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
More bad news for Chelsea:

Just starting the 2nd half at Villa Park (thats not the bad news) it is 0-0. However, with England skipper and lynchpin central defender John Terry still out for at least a week, and Portuguese international partner Ricardo Carvalho seemingly a bit lost as a result, now in the 33rd minute Dutch international central defender Khalid Boulahrouz joins his compatriot Arjen Robben on the infirm list. It seems with a rather nasty looking knee.

Geremi has joined Carvalho at center back as a result, in front of 3rd choice goaltender Hilario. One more injury back there and we could see Didier Drogba in the back line perhaps. We I assume then would see Shevchenko up front, but come on Jose you have to play him...way more...seriously.

A good game so far though...it looks like Chelsea will get one.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
More bad news for Chelsea:

Just starting the 2nd half at Villa Park (thats not the bad news) it is 0-0. However, with England skipper and lynchpin central defender John Terry still out for at least a week, and Portuguese international partner Ricardo Carvalho seemingly a bit lost as a result, now in the 33rd minute Dutch international central defender Khalid Boulahrouz joins his compatriot Arjen Robben on the infirm list. It seems with a rather nasty looking knee.

Geremi has joined Carvalho at center back as a result, in front of 3rd choice goaltender Hilario. One more injury back there and we could see Didier Drogba in the back line perhaps. We I assume then would see Shevchenko up front, but come on Jose you have to play him...way more...seriously.

A good game so far though...it looks like Chelsea will get one.

Chelsea didn't capitalize on any of their chances...Drogba should have used his noggin on the cross by Sean Wright Phillips (?) in the 1st half, and Lampard's chance at the end should have given Chelse the win, but he sent it sailing over the crossbar :wa: :wa: :wa:

Man U still up by 6...the look on Mourinho's face the entire game...classic!!
Bringing Terry back too soon might not be a good idea, but you can see the desperation and Mourinho isn't shy on stating that without Terry, he has no D-line.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I cannot disagree with you Striker14...your side seems in command for now. Although in a 0-0 draw it was just not the backline thing, Chelsea has lost their swagger all over the park.

Right now Man U seems to be the best choice for the EPL... "Right now" being the operative phrase.

PS All of a sudden Liverpool/Arsenal etc are not that far out of 2nd in case anyone didn't notice.

Cheers.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First - Mourinho's moan about missing Chech and Terry is very weak. Every team in the league goes through spells missing key players. They all deal with it - Why can't Chelsea.

Second - With all the money Chelsea has could they not have a purchased (because that is what they do) a decent alternative/back up for the centre back position? Poor managing in my mind.

Sandman

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that maybe Mourinho is playing some mind games with his own and perhaps other players. Remember they are just 6 points back and got a point away today at Villa Park and MU still has to go to the Bridge. But everyone must admit that they have been hit unusually hard this season. Just for Striker 14s benefit, and other MU fans which I am one of by the way, lets compare the (real and hypothetical) loss of similar players to each of the top two EPL sides and maybe discuss or talk amongst ourselves about how each side would fare, (or, who would you rather be missing?):

Chelsea..............Manchester Utd

Cech (out)........VanderSar (not out, but Dutch :) )

Cudicini (out).......Kuszcak (not out)

J. Terry (out).......Ferdinand (not out)

Boulharouz (out)...Wes Brown or Vidic (not out)

Joe Cole (out).... Scholes or Giggs (not out)

Robben (out)....Ronaldo (not out)

Shevchenko (off form)...Rooney (on form mostly)

Ballack (out, today)...Dunno Scholes maybe (not out)

My point is, whether or not you would choose the Man U or Chelsea player, take a look at the players that the Red Devils would be missing under similar circumstances. Would they be able to stay as close missing these types of players? Just for starters, we would see Tim Howard or Roy Carroll or maybe HOS in goal for MU.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0