Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Predictions and results from div.1a...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
your defence was missing some key players because it never had any in the first place.

With only two goals scored by the mighty temple, this seems to be an oxymoron, or maybe it's El Jefe who's the moron:confused:

NO2

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
your defence was missing some key players because it never had any in the first place.

Don't forget that NO2 is the best right back in the league:rolleyes:

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kippax,

That's right, but he played very well as sweeper the past two games.

El Jerkoff,

Why don't you find a nice place somewhere and have a good jerkoff?

Daz:D

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kind of in line with a lot of the schoolyard stuff you Fatnslow post in here from time to time.:rolleyes:

Daz:D

El Jefe

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oxymoron

Dazza/No2:

No thanks I'll leave the mutual gratification to your lot.

As far as the game goes, 9th place out of 10 teams.....

Good D Boys! :p

..they must always be missing some key players!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jerkoff,

That really isn't going to get you anywhere. I already acknowledged on here that our usually stellar defence has not been itself this year.

Try a different song sheet ;)

Daz:D :D :wa:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dazza,

I feel your pain. On my old team, the 6th best team in the u-21 division, we had the 4th best left-sided defender in the league, who complimented our 11th-ranked left midfielder quite nicely. This paled in comparison to our sweeper, who I generally thought to be the 3rd-best non-central or outside defender in the league. He often scoffed at my ranking systems and kept asking why I insisted on rating players in a garbage league of which - if we were to keep with the garbage ranking motif - would have us ranked somewhere between coffee filters and spoiled milk. He was promptly dropped to the 60th best non-central or outside defender in our league due to poor attitude.

Anyways, our real problem was up front, where our striker was the 48th best frontrunner on our side of the league. Despite our routine games of holding 79% of the possession yet failing to score any goals, we all still thought him capable of walking into the starting 11 of any other team in our division....to hand out water and orange slices during half-time. I laughed myself silly when I dropped this gem at training one time, and proceeded with threats to drop him into the 52nd slot if he didn't shape up his game.

I generally considered myself the best goalkeeper in the league, despite the fact most people thought I was a self-indulgent knob for continually ranking players from a team which was second-from-bottom in the league. I actually had to drop myself to the #2 slot after a particular match where a goal was scored while I was busy updating my PVCs (Player Value Charts) and I didn't even react to it. "Hard lines mate," I told myself, "you'll re-establish yerself as the best goalkeeper in the division in no time."

A week later, much to my surprise, I had re-named myself the best goalkeeper in the division. After drawing two consecutive 0-0 games, I also felt it necessary to add an asterisk to our left-sided defender which informed PVC readers that although he was a top-4 defender, he was more than capable of starting for any team in our league.

This proved to be something of an unravelling for our left-back. The immediate pressure of being a top-4 defender in the league left him shook like an epileptic at IMAX and he started showing the defensive problems which had hounded us prior to his ultra-high ranking. Like having the ball repeatedly bounce off his shin-pad, and tripping over his shoelaces (which, I suppose was inevitable given his 9th place finish in the shoe-tying competition we had on rookie night). As a result, I dropped him back a few slots and removed the asterisk.

I too have suffered many of the same plights that the Melanomas have endured this season, as many of my ranked players had been lost admist the shuffle of the non-ranked. I wish you the best of luck for the remainder of the year.

Regards,

-sensei_hanson (The 3rd-best TTPer in the U-25 division)

Dirty Daddy 3

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
checking ID cards

Sensei

With that last post you have jetted to #1, on the 11th best tread on TTP.

I also think Captian Shamrock and Regs have altered their ID cards, so that ranks you at #1 in the U-25 division.

Dirty Daddy

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei with that post Fastshow might just have to hand you the Post of the month award. Top Knotch.

Parkheadstilllaughing :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now, now boys. Form a line. Knob gobblers to the left pinky ring kissing to the right. Don't push, everyone will get a turn.

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sENSEI

With a post like that rememberence day would have been the perfect time for it!!!
Butthepostisgoldenlikebuddha.....................
methinksthatthelomaswillcontinuethestreakthisweekend!!:rolleyes:

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 4 - Lomas 1

Played on the "frozen tundra" at King George at a very chilly 2 or 3 degrees, this game didn't see a whole lot of well played soccer by either team. That being said, considering the near frozen state of the pitch, there were some moments of decent football played by both teams...a few more by RUFC than the Lomas.

Two decent goals by us gave RUFC a 2-0 lead at the half. The start of the second half saw us come out shockingly and the Lomas come out strong, putting us under pressure for a good fifteen minutes before we recomposed ourselves. It probably took the Lomas' goal 10 minutes into the half and a couple more half chances for us to wake up.

Then we hit a crossbar and a handful of posts before we put a couple more goals in. All in all , a cleanly played game on a frickin freezing day and a fair result. We needed those damn 3 points and got 'em!

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well dione Klaus and the boys!

Fcuking can't believe the gifts we are giving away right now. All four goals were complete gifts. That's not to say that they weren't well taken.

Fcuking unbelievable!

Good luck to RUFC. Solid bunch and I have no problems with any of them. I hope the #10's ankle is ok. He was lucky he didn't break his leg. That can happen when your studs get caught in the turf.

Daz :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0