Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Pre-Season Exhibition and Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exhibition Result from yesterday:

Lomas 2 Vancouver Olys 1

Very comfortable first half from the Lomas (despite many absentees). 2-0 at the half courtesy of yours truly

Van Olys stepped it up in the second and pulled one back.

Lomas held on for win.

Daz:D :cool:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is anyone else entering some North Van tournament on the 27th or 28th (or thereabouts)? A Bimini's contingent will be there to try out some new players before making cuts.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NV Tourney

Keeper,

the Beam will be there too. I've heard you guys are in a group with the Primos, NS Lions (new to div.2), and Westward United another decent NS team. Beam has WV Royals, some Richmond team, and PG Strikers. Thats all I know, hopefully see you there.

Daz,

hopefully we'll get a game set up with you guys too before the season begins. It was suppose to be us on the weekend but we couldn't field a team. Maybe over the long weekend if neither of our teams is in a tourney.....
Beam 4 - Lomas 1 has a nice ring to it.......
:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I vs Slurrey United [premier] is scheduled for this coming Sunday out at Cloverdale...

Keep your head up KNVB :rolleyes:

Of course, I probably won't be there due to work committments.

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope. Not us.

Really? I thought we were playing the Clan on Saturday. I think you meant Surrey United Div.1 / U-21 try-out team. Perhaps you should have put, "Keep your head up Guinness."

Of course, I probably won't be there due to TTP commitments

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas v N. Shore

Beam,

We are looking at a tournament on the long weekend vs a couple of exhibitions. Will decide in next couple of days.

I talked to Ian this morning and we agreed to talk again later this week. We can play at our club, most likely Sat or Sun morning.

Daz:D

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg/Olys v. Shagars

Friendly on Thursday Past:

Peg/Olys 1 v. Shagars 0

The 'new look' Peg/Olys played well in their first game together. 6 new players to the lineup added some needed skill and speed. 0 - 0 at the half with majority of the play in the Shagars end. Goal scored about 15 minutes into the half. Unlike Dazza, who has already started the year tooting his own horn. No need to divulge who scored our goal.

Good result for our first outing of the year. Myself, Dickens Cider and Toze have taken over the team this year with Luch's departure to Burnaby Cliff. With three Scotsman at the helm, we trust that sexy football will be back on the Shore this year. Let's hope we do not model ourselves after the Scottish National Team.

JR :wa:

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you do find yourselves looking more and more like the Scottish side, I'd suggest giving your promising young recruits very loud alarm clocks. I'd hate to see someone miss their flight home ;-)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What was the score??? (Club I vs SU)

Perhaps you should have put, "Keep your head up Guinness."
Now what are on about this time Dutchie???
I had no idea the Irish lads were playing our Div. 1/U-21 team??? If so, I would have came out for some pints... (my legs are still knackered from Saturday), but it is going to be fun to kick you tonight!!!:rolleyes:

GuinnessdedicatingthistoWhiteboyDutchie:wa: :wa: :wa:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sid,

No more post with just smilies please. Either add to the discussion properly or refrain from posting - there's other places on the site to post gibberish.

Anything further like that post will be deleted.

Carry on.

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember the good ol' days when all Sid butchered was the English language. Ah, the good old days.

I believe a depleted Surrey U "cat" team beat a very depleted Club I 3-2. With Surrey scoring late to win. I also watched our u-21 beat their u-21's something like 4-1. Club I has some skilled youth, but there keeps could use some work. 3 were really poor goals.

Home Brew

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
club.I v. Slurry U.

K.N.V.B.Our u.21 keeper in 2`nd half was not a regular keeper.

Our very depleted senior team was not beaten. The game was abandoned with slurry leading 3-2 when the fcuking irragation system started up with about 15 minutes to play. Typical Slurry.Probably timed to keep the pit bulls off the park. Sidewinder.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fireman 1 vs. Surrey F.C. 2 (Valley Premier)

Game played last night at Queens Park, no word on how the game was, just result.

HOS

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The score was actually 3-2 in favor of SFC. The game had some nice points, but was mostly scrambly. For us, the bright spot was getting more offensive opportunities, but defence still needs to get better.

The Firemen are pretty young. They moved the ball around nicely.The guy with the Smokie Eyes was top notch too. ;)

pearsy

Feb 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
offensive opportunities

where's my car, what offensive opportunities are you referring too? The only chances you had were firemen miscues. Other than that you didn't have a sniff. Firemen had the ball for 90% of the game.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scoreboard.

You mean besides the three finished opportunities, the non-call PK in the 1st, and the two missed sitters in the 2nd?

Scoreboard: 3-2.

pearsy

Feb 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, at least you got the score right. As far as a pk and a couple of sitters you're dreaming. Thanks for the game though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0