Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Portugal vs England

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey lasted longer than the wops and the Scots and the Irish.......oh hold on the last two coul'nt even qualify!

Maybe it was Beck's socks that hindered his pk

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whirlwind you read like a bigger tit than normal. Well done. Have another.

Attention row 2250 section zzzzz if could you please return David Beckham's ball to the information booth on level 1 and claim your voucher. It should be landing at any moment.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I expecially liked when he turned around to look at the ground as if there was something else that may have caused the miss.
0 for his last 3.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking diabolical ....... and that's just descibing most of these posts :rolleyes:

First off, as an England fan and looking at the game with a somewhat logical view :rolleyes:

1) Portugal were definitely the better side on the day and even though losing on penalties are shite, they probably deserved a win (albeit from an awful decision by the referee in regulation to rob England of a goal).

2) England's defending. Ashley Cole was excellent today against Ronaldo and Gary Neville did fairly well. However, what the fcuk is with the midfield dropping off 10 yards and giving Portugal time and possession on the ball just off the box ?? Postiga's goal is a perfect indication of how not to defend a winger. How the fcuk does Beckham (& Neville behind him in support) sit there and let the fella' cross one in from the edge of the box. Shoc-king .......... even Captain's High School Girls or Croatia don't defend like that :rolleyes:.

3) Penalties. England were lucky Portugal didn't put HOS in goal :D. How fcuking many were right down the middle ?? Easily 4. Most of Portugal's were clinical including Ricardo's who put the ball into the inside of the net to seal it.

4) Officiating - Meier seriously fcuked up on that decision to call Campbell on a 'foul' with a few minutes to go. He may have been looking up in the stands at all the crying fcuking Portuguese but let's be honest, that was a horrible decision.

So, it's another fcuking tournament where we bow out on penalties. I'm afraid it'll be forever England's curse but at least we went further than the Italians, Germans and Croats :rolleyes:. I'm off back to the pub to get pissed .......

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
England were outclassed in every aspect of the game today.
Um, no. As I mentioned elsewhere, Portugal had very little class during the penos.

Did anyone manage to see a replay of Port's almost goal just before 90 minutes and shortly after the English call back? I don't think it was in, but I'm curious to see how close it actually was.

Interesting that no one's mentioned Owen's goal. What finish! He really terrorized that defense today.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

You're on fcuking 'ludes or something... classless in the penos? For a cheeky shot and for the keeper taking one? CLASSLESS?!?! Give it a rest :rolleyes:

Walks,

Ricardo also seemed to notice all the ones going down the middle because when he finally clued in and stayed there, Hargreaves (sp?) put it to the corner :D

Both Fletcher AND Howard said it was a foul on Ricardo so it must have been. Unlucky :D

~Regs.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, perhaps not the little chip. That guy just has enormous balls. Great big large ones.

I just hate that fcuking stutter-step crap. Should be a law . . .

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks said:
4) Officiating..... that was a horrible decision.

For someone who's had plenty of these I'd think you'd be somewhat understanding!!:D

Fcuking Limey's!!!!!!!

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For someone who's had plenty of these I'd think you'd be somewhat understanding!!:D
Goes without saying Bronco ........ tell us something I don't already know :rolleyes:

See you back in Premier next year :D

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to admit the better team won today. Walks if we are talking about defending, could somebody explain what my favorite player phil Neville was doing on the second goal. If you can explain that, then explain to me what the fcuk he is doing on the field.

bring on the Welsh

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks said:
(on the subject of pks) I'm afraid it'll be forever England's curse.

I'd say responses from the likes of Whirlwind and Red Forever are England's curse. I'm sure the queen loves being praised by people who can't speak her English.

BTW, England would have won if that donkey Terry had stayed on the backline instead of getting in Ricardo and Campbell's way.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Allo mate, care to assist in cleaning up me bed?

Whirlwind said:
Have You Ever Played Football Wanker.

Never.
He's fcuking shite.

But, he does dance up a mean parking lot...

Hey Reddy:
Go fcuk yourself.
I'd rather be a Scot than a Scouse. ;)

Speaking of, Owen did well by all accounts - Fasty and his 'pants' theory have indeed prevailed.

Unrucky Engerland.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kippax said:
could somebody explain what my favorite player phil Neville was doing on the second goal.
Phil Neville was brought along to Portugal to serve one purpose ...... antagonize the hell out of the English Supporters in the stands and watching on television. Obviously, Sven didn't see Euro 2000 where young Phil cost us progression to the quarters with an idiotic tackle on a Romanian in the box.

Surely, we've got better to draw from than him ??

oor wullie

Jul 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
England gleefully knocked out of Euro 2004. Absolutely magnificent!!

England are THE most overrated squad of ALL time. Beckham takes it up the arse, never mind Posh...Vassell couldnt lace any Scotsman's boots, Rooney is a waster, and Owen has NEVER delivered...I say "keep up the good work, Engerland"

BTW ~ your golden droplets of fitba wisdom are pish...typical Engerlish sentiment.

VIVA L'ECOSSE

Couldnt be happier today,
Oor Wullie

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I posted somewhere else that Terry has been awful all tournament long, and today didn't do much to snap his recent run of form. He and Neville (who really dealt well with Rui Costa in ET) deserve to share the golden pylon award. Fcuking brutal.

No question Portugal were the better side on the day. Hated to see Rooney go down early (broken foot?) but the way the English dealt with his subtraction left a lot to be desired. Just your standard abadoning of any attempt at creative/constructive build-up, and heavy reliance on hopeful lumps to a pair of tired strikers. Owen has reinvented himself as a bit of a workhorse lately, but he couldn't carry the load on his own today. Vassell was too predictable and his one dimensional game (pace) didn't fit in at all.

Ricardo went from goat to national hero in like 45 seconds, which was amazing to see. I could do without the little "mittens, Bobby" act prior to stoning Vassell but his finish against James was class. Kinda made up for being completely dumbfounded on the first 5 shots.

Forza Czechs indeed.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
(albeit from an awful decision by the referee in regulation to rob England of a goal).

Surely you are taking the piss. That mugging was worse than what you would witness on Main and Hastings on a Saturday night. It was a blatant foul and I am shocked you can't admit that. Terry fcuking pulled his shoulder down while Campbell did the rest. BTW, it was a fcuking hand ball by Campbell on the 'header'. Watch the highlights. The reality is England were outplayed today and were very fortunate to even go to extra-time. The ref had a very good game, especially in this Guatemalan's eyes......

RedForever,

That's great. Ireland doesn't even have a professional league(semi-pro) and you're happy because England didn't win anything again? Well done. I'm sure we're going to be remembering the team that was knocked out in the quarter final stages in a couple of years. Hell, they will be as significant as a team that didn't qualify. What do ya think? I think you're a bitter English man so you should accept it.

Whirlwind,

Have you beat up the 8 year old yet? Fcuk the queen and your fcuking fanny team. Cheers.

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BBC radio, say's the goal was called back because of Terry's forearm to Ricardos neck.

Get over it, there's always Germany 2006.

At which, Ireland will qualify, Keano will kick Gerard and Lampard up and down the field:rolleyes:

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too bad for the English squad. I thought that there midfield looked great in the last two games, but unfortunately they really stunk out the place today.
The possession stat says it all.
From the bbc poll.

VOTE RESULTS
What is your verdict on England's defeat by Portugal and exit from Euro 2004?
Robbed by the referee
36%
Punished by penalties
15%
Beaten by better team
48%
2028 Votes Cast
Results are indicative and may not reflect public opinion

The ref could not have had a good enough view of the scramble to make such a gutsy call so late in the game. I think he also sh!t the bed today.

Tough loss.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vassell couldn't lace any Scotsman's boots
Of course not! There weren't any in Portugal :eek:

Captain,
First off, a question. How significant was the Irish win over Holland?
Getting a bit ahead of ourselves. Though I'm not best pleased at the moment, I'll still take a team who made the trip and reached the quarters over one who could only comment. True it'll all be forgotten before long, I did at least feel we played well against the French especially, took the p1ss out of those croatian cnuts, but unfortunately, perhaps, scored too early today.
And for the record it's always been the sweaties(sp) who've been delighted with not winning and just being there. The Irish and Scots seldom make the big tourny's so I can understand their bitterness towards the English. I fully understand, but just can't relate....

inspectorwhofeelsallmicks&jockswillhaveanotherreasontobebitterin2006

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0