Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Portugal vs England

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,
First off, a question. How significant was the Irish win over Holland?
Getting a bit ahead of ourselves. Though I'm not best pleased at the moment, I'll still take a team who made the trip and reached the quarters over one who could only comment. True it'll all be forgotten before long, I did at least feel we played well against the French especially, took the p1ss out of those croatian cnuts, but unfortunately, perhaps, scored too early today.
And for the record it's always been the sweaties(sp) who've been delighted with not winning and just being there. The Irish and Scots seldom make the big tourny's so I can understand their bitterness towards the English. I fully understand, but just can't relate....

As for the victory over Holland, who Ireland happened to knock out of the last World Cup qualifying, it was MOOT. It was also called a piss take. Much like the Portuguese did to England today. Do you know, Inspector Blake, that in Ireland, football is 4th in terms of sport with Gaelic football, Hurling, and Rugby coming ahead. In your wonderful country it is NUMBER ONE. So for us to qualify for the BIG tournaments, it is a big deal because we don't even have a true professional league. Besides I generally hate everything associated with England. You know what I mean? I am not saying I hate all English people because there are A LOT of good English men and women. So we may seldom make the big tourneys because we're not supposed to. But England, the mighty England, are ALWAYS supposed to be world beaters. Guess what, you're not. You're fcuking mince when compared to the class teams like Holland(Did I tell you that Ireland beat them a few weeks ago in Amsterdam? :D ), France, Czech Republic, and even Sweden for that matter(didn't they beat the mighty English recently too?). So if you're happy getting to quarter finals and NEVER winning anything, then kudos to you. You can always remember 1966 because that was the last thing your country has ever won. BTW, were you born then? At least you know that Rooney is the next Pele :rolleyes: :D , Beckham will miss his next penalty, and Terry will do something to cokc up any chance of success. Go celebrated your quarter final loss because that is something a massive footballing nation like England should be happy with. Cheers and please don't be a Whirlwind by destroying street signs and punching 8 year old kids. God bless and

Tiocfaidh ár Lá

BTW,

UNFCUKING LUCKY ON THE LOSS TODAY, INSPECTOR

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I forgot to mention, as I just watched Portugal's second goal again, how proud you must have been of Man United's PNeville for that great fall on Rui's(we're on a first name basis) cracking goal. Overall, it must have been a great day to be a ManUre and England supporter. And Chelsea for that matter. Well done, Terry. :wa: :wa: :wa:

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers and please don't be a Whirlwind by destroying street signs and punching 8 year old kids.

that was brilliant! lets see what the whining English do tonight. I predict, 2 garbage cans being kicked over, 1 car being bombed, 4 shops being destroyed, 5 children being beaten, 1 wheelchair being knocked over, and 12 tourists from Mexico being assaulted as a result of mistaken identity:the civilized English will think everybody's Portugese

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice penalty, Beckham. Are you watching the shootout again, lads? That was a cracker when he looked at the ground like it was the ground's fault. Of course it was. :D

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will say this: Beckham was pants this entire tournament. I don't know what they're doing in Madrid but he and Figo were two of the more useless "high-profile" captains - not just today, but throughout the group stages as well. At least Scolari had the bottle to take Figo off the park when it was clear his performance was not up to snuff.

One thing worth noting is the complete lack of quality substitutes England had in reserve. Scolari goes to his bench and brings on Postiga and Rui Costa, who both have an immediate impact in their attacking roles. SGE brings on Neville (who was/is completely fcuking clueless) and Hargreaves who did little to stop the Portguese attack at all. Neville looked horrid on Rui Costa's goal, seemed like he couldn't even muster up the nerve or ability to haul him down for a free kick. After the piss-poor efforts Neville has put forth for England in recent years, why exactly is he still in the mix? Disturbing. Hargreaves was a total non-factor.

It seems once again that a few brilliant (and defining) performances - Rooney, Lampard, Owen - fall by the wayside thanks to very mediocre efforts from a certain few. I'd almost include Gerrard in that group but his backpass against the Frogs still lingers.

Forza de Dutch and their tasty pannekoken houses.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great tourney so far.......no more Limey's, no more war starters, and no more greasy crap hair-cuts. Now, can someone beat the Fcuking French............
Tears me up to see Beckham miss the shot, damn grass. :rolleyes:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps I can explain.

The majority of your posts are 'pants'. Complete and utter 'pants'.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks said:
Fcuking diabolical ....... 3) Penalties. England were lucky Portugal didn't put HOS in goal :D. .......

I was Portuguese for the day, so I was available if they needed me. Unlucky on your lose.

Now we all can get behind the best team left in the Tourney, Yes Sweden.
MeatBalls are on the Menu for Saturday, off to Ikea tonight.

hos

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whirlwind said:
WHIRLWIND

YOU CAN ALL FCUCK OFF
ENGLAND SHOULD OF HAD THAT GAME.

2-1 ENGLAND SHOULD HAVE BEEN OVER

THE REF WAS FCUCKIN RUBBISH FCUCKIN RUBBISH.

WHERE THE FCUCK IS FUN BOBBY WHEN YOU NEED HER?? :wa: :wa:

As far as the Irish and fcuckin whops go.

Well the fcuckin Irish where no where I fcuckin site fcuck off.

And the fcuckin whops well they where fcuckin rubbish rubbish.

GREASY PIECES OF SHITTTTTTTT
girlwind your the only sad bastar out there fcuking engerlish supporter,they fcuked up depending on game plan one !!!rooney !!they didnt even have game plan two never mind three!!they looked organized in the first round of play offs but not the quarters,as for beckham I would pick him for my team any day,but wouldnt you rather have KEANE,as for Irish --english --CNUT HEAD olliver cromwell has given a lot of hatrid towards the Irish THATS WHY THE EMOTIONS

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
Okay HOS I have you down for Portugal and twenty bucks. ;)

So Coach, thats ANOTHER 20 spot, well what do you want to try and Double up On. Do you fancy the Dutch, I am all over the Swedish Touch.

hos

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes H O S you stealing bastard I will take take the Dutch for 20 bucks.

Yesterday is gone, and new bets must be placed! :rolleyes:

Are we on?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually HOS, I believe Coach owes you $40. Go back and check the bet again. I went for $20 but I believe you took him for the $40? ;) :D

Keeper,

Can we pants things into pantspective. Beckham is/was/and always will be pants. He doesn't even wear the pants in the family, as that title goes to Pants Spice. One of the reasons he is pants is because he is actually unfit as he often pants during a match. Jinky was right about your posts, which are pants. ****s off.

Capants Shamrock

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
It was a blatant foul and I am shocked you can't admit that. Terry fcuking pulled his shoulder down while Campbell did the rest.
What the fcuk Captain ??!! I guess final exams must be over and you've started your summer off with a slew of California Cooler's and Cider. Or is your glue sniffing glass at SDSS wrapping up for the year ??

Even as a distinguished Guatemalan official, surely a vision (as clouded as your's may be right now) would offer an insightful comment (ie. Neutral) regarding the 'foul'. No way in fcuking hell did Terry pull Ricardo's shoulder down. If you look at Terry's position, he was standing straight up, eyes on the ball with his arm outstretched ....... there was no push, no pull, no fcuking anything ...... Ricardo would have never gotten to the ball, Sensei might have but Ricardo ..... No. An arm outstretched does not constitute a foul - even in Guatemala.

I'm not denying that Portugal didn't deserve to go through and there are a few players aforementioned for England that would struggle to get into sides like Club Ireland, Meralomas and possibly the Blaze but losing on penno's are shite. Mind you, we're almost used to it now .........

~Forza Sweden and those Ikean meatballs

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Actually HOS, I believe Coach owes you $40. Go back and check the bet again.

Thanks Capt. for trying to get me more dough, but I am an honest man, and I spent the other 20 on Portuguese Buns, Pork Chops, and Apple Sauce. I will be in the 40 range once Sweden kicks some Dutch Donkey Ass.

Capt. must be finished School

hos

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the fcuk Captain ??!! I guess final exams must be over and you've started your summer off with a slew of California Cooler's and Cider. Or is your glue sniffing glass at SDSS wrapping up for the year ??

The problem here, Walks, is that it was you was obviously pie-eyed. I have asked 6 other English men who all agreed it was a foul. You are obviously blind. Remember the Indo/Club I 'handball' this year in the Imperial Cup? Exactly. Get over it and once again watch the replay. Terry's arms pull down on the keeper's shoulders. Simple. LIke I said, get over the fact it was an awful day for England and Man. U fans. Yeeeeeeehaaaaaaaahhhhhh. :) ;)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fasty?

Where's the Fastshow?
I think we could be in the eye of the storm here...

I actually thought 'pants' was a compliment?

;)

Rooney was the best thing to hit this tournament and I honestly thought the Sassanachs were OK.
Should they have done better? Maybe.

They arguably should have beat France and they fcuking humped the Swiss and the Croats.
And, I see nothing wrong with bowing out to a tourney's host in penos.
Especially class like Portugal.
Yes, they probably had their worst game yesterday, but by all accounts most people enjoyed the match.

And, Scotland will qualify for Germany,

Diplomatforever

:p

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know what I may have been a bit bitter yesterday but thats to be expected. I mean after all Portugal were the better team and did deserve to win. I'm just fed up as an english man losing another peno shootout, but I did call it.

Hey Captain fair enough we are expected to do well and you lot as we know are nothing but also-rans. I just love the jealousy of the fact that we do QUALIFY for these tournaments while you lot sit at home and root for anyone but the English. I can honestly say if it was the Irish against the Portugese I would be rooting for the Irish. Although that might have something to do with the fact that half of the team are English!!
As for Keano kicking Gerrard and Lampard of the pitch in the next World Cup we all know that he wont be there cause he'll walk out on your team when they dont supply him with the right kind of band-aids he asked for!!

Hey Ranger, as for rather bieng Scottish than a scouse.......we'll actually I think you've said it all!!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0