Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Players signing down, getting call up, injuries, moving around, missing games ect....

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Players signing down, getting call up, injuries, moving around, missing games ect

Inter will be in div.1 next season and that will help change this problem. They clearly have a lot of guys playing well below their level. In North delta we use the club system as a club system. We have 4 or 5 premier players signed in div.1. They either have work issues or aren't starters week in and week out. We use 2 or 3 for div.1 every week so our pool of 16-20 premier level guys are all getting minutes regularly. We don't have a bunch of guys playing 90 minutes on 2 teams each weekend because we see that as one less guy getting minutes who could be developing on our div.1 or premier team. We may put some higher caliber players down at div.3 to try and get a div.2 spot next year but that is so we have a team in each division not to sandbag. We have essentially rebuilt our system over the last 2 years, right now it is focused on our div.1/premier team but we would like to bring a div.2 team into the mix who is semi-series.

We made a rule in our club that guys that aren't willing to be called up to premier or commit to the premier team if you are considered good enough to be a full time player, will have to play in div.2 or below. We only want guys who want to be apart of the program on the top two teams. if you want to play with buddies or call your own shots, div.2 or below is the place to do that because we feel that is Rec./fun soccer. However those guys don't get called up no matter how good they are.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Players signing down, getting call up, injuries, moving around, missing games ect

Im sorry, but get on with it. With the new alignment Division 2 and Division 1 are practically interchangable. Inter has had the same team for 3 years, and yes 3-4 of them have made the jump to Premier. If those players have the opportunity to help out there team, then so be it. The transfer deadline is Jan 15th, you wont have to deal with these issues at that latter part of the season or any cup play.

The whole 1 division jump is ridiculous. If a certain division 2 player is breaking out of his shell (especially with younger players) and the prem team wants to give him a shot they have every right to do so.

It is amateur sports, but every sport in my opinion is competitive. Thats why its a sport. Every team/player whether they are wanting to play with friends, cant committ, ect. ect. are trying to win at all costs. There are many different activities one can do if they do not care about winning or losing.

This is exactly why Canadian soccer is suffering, we care more about fair play then having a bit of pride and stepping up to the challenge.

rbks

Aug 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

I suggest if anybody from NFS has any problems the way were doing the system they should have there coach or manager come to our NFS club meeting once a month.All our coaches are told about it enough said!

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

If div 2 is the same as div 1 then Sundowners should challenge div 1. we beat stolo's div 2 team today 2-1.
just saying.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'm on the side of the fence that wants people to stop bitching and moaning about the club system. It's meant to encourage club teams to work w/ each other and award those who contribute more. If a player is doing double duty, helping one team win a lower div, while helping the Premier side, so be it. All the power to him, his commitment, and his club for taking advantage.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes but you speak of "a player" not 8 players from the same team who should be playing up sometimes 2 levels posibly. That is where it gets bush for me.

rbks

Aug 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Agreed dude!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

If there are 8 players playing below the level they should be, what happens if they're not as good as the players on the teams above them? do they sit on the bench and wait there turn or play where they can? I play for fun as do most of us, and I want to win every week whether im in div 4 or premier, but im not gonna bust my ass at practice twice a week for 15-35 minutes, if I can go a division below and play 70 or 90. If I were a pro making 100,000 pounds a week it wouldn't bother me to sit and watch, but im PAYING to play, so put me in coach.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'm all for promoting club strength and being able to pull guys up - in principle I don't object to guys signing at a lower level and playing a bunch. It's something I would never do but heck that's me.

My big issue is what we've experienced playing Master's and this is directly at the Peace Arch Club.

Because last year and this year there are two+ Peace Arch teams playing Master's premier a guy can sign low and then play on both teams - that is JUNK.

My point is directed to what happened to the Peace Arch Dragons last year. They lost their goalie to a four game suspension. Craig Edwards was the goalie for the other Peace Arch team but was signed to their division 1 master's team. The PA Dragons were then able to pull him up and use him for all four games their #1 goalie missed and to top it off pulling up Edwards improved them.

Both Craig and Kusch have signed Div 2 and with the tight nature of Master's premier this year it's bound to happen that both of these guys will play for both the Dragons and the PA United.

That's where the rules are completely screwed. What I'm truly curious about is when the transfer window comes - will Kusch in particular sign with the Dragons (the team that he brought into the FVSL and it's all his mates from year's past) or will he potentially jump ship to better his position for a provincial run.

My two bits.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you don't like premier players playing down target them. Then they'll probably think twice about play down with the lower level scum.lol

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

I suggest if anybody from NFS has any problems the way were doing the system they should have there coach or manager come to our NFS club meeting once a month.All our coaches are told about it enough said!

I had to see if our system works within the club, and seen as we lost, it's obviously wrong hahahah and I must vent. This website is great for that. Its monday the weekends over, and I'm over it. End of the day, Inter just has a fantastic team.

Sounds like I'm the minority here and most( premier players who 100% benefit from this and the div 2 guys who move up and down) here don't have an issue with it so Ill quit the bitching about it.

If you all are fine with a guy being picked for the fvsl premier all star team signing in div 2 and scoring at will than so I am. I must be obtuse not to agree with it.

You never know what's going to come out of these threads and I do believe we were all treated to a blinding moment of genius from none other than Outkast. He connected this fvsl div 2 mens transfer issue to Canada national soccer sufferings-

" LETS CARE LESS ABOUT FAIR PLAY AND STEP UP TO MORE CHALLENGES FOR PRIDE " - Outkast

BRAZIL 2014 - HERE WE COME

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

If you don't like premier players playing down target them. Then they'll probably think twice about play down with the lower level scum.lol

Agreed.

Prem guys playing down must wear socks with bullseyes on the back, dead center on the calf.

Problem solved

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

NFS Celtic are looking into a transfer fee for Outkast for the start of next season, I hope he agree's to the terms, he can still play up when he wants ;)

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

yesterday razorbacks vs peace arch alumni
I watch poco castillions friday night 3 players from div one up on permits for pau!no prob,these guys played div one one saturday,for another pa club ,then last friday week against the legends we had two of their team mates signed to div 2 nomads play against us yesterday on permits & to make a long story short guinness dad wee joe scored the goal for alum, & craig edwards played up on permits from div 2 as well..........so that saying why not sign all your fuking club players to div 2 & play everyone everywhere,Imo who at the age of 40 plus can play 3 master games in 3 days(nights) and i dont even know if they played div 2 this weekend!!

toboot the league got rid of one of our 30 year under age guys 6 weeks in ......................what a joke :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
sid

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

NFS Celtic are looking into a transfer fee for Outkast for the start of next season, I hope he agree's to the terms, he can still play up when he wants ;)

After the the 2010/11 winter season Outkast agreed to sign with us. Then he got picked for the all star team, then he was made captain. We never fully discussed him not signing with us, we didn't have to, his current level of play spoke for itself, it was so obvious that if you are being picked for the premier all star team you should not be signing with a division fukcing 2 team. If you are at a premier allstar level, signing div 1 doesn't even make sense.

Enough is enough , Im done bitching about this for a few hours

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

The club system is set up to benefit the clubs that make the backbone/spine of the league.

There are 2 terminal problems in our league(s)
1. Independent teams that feel entitled to play in a league, often times these indie teams never have guys volunteering to help out with youth soccer initiatives, volunteering for league exec and committee roles etc
2. Independent teams that play in a club, just to get field times, and thus see point 1, but point 1 also pertains in pt 2 to club duties as well.

Let's face facts, clubs are what keeps the league(s) alive. specifically in the FVSL you have all the committee members from CLUBS not TEAMS.
Uppal-ND
Hleucka- PAU
Peacock-LUFC
Watkins- PAU
Favelle- Pomo
Brown-Referees

I don't see anyone from Sundowners or Whalley United etc there, further to that I don't see any independent teams in Prem to D2 except Guildford Marga in D2, which is the laughing stock of our division and would be .500 at best in D4.

So of course the "rules" will favor clubs that operate well within the rules/constitution... you know how many times we'd go to League meetings and the only no-shows to vote on elections and rules were indie teams, it got so bad they had to put sanctions in if you missed meetings. And of course the first ones whinging about rules or accusing committee members of doing something not "above board" are the indie team guys who cannot be arsed to show up to meetings, elections, etc and can't be arsed to volunteer with Youth, vol with league duties etc.

Now that I've finished my tangent, I'm all for the rules as they are for many of the topics pointed out above. Div 2 isn't your D2 anymore... Div 3 and 4 are really the rec divisions. There are some really skillful players playing all over D2 that don't even go to play Premier... probably more of these guys than there are real muckers like me. It is what it is, there's 80+ teams in the FVSL and there are 30 teams split over Prem, D1, and D2. So get over it.

RE the Masters call ups etc... I say good on guys like Kusch and Edwards (neither of whom have suited up for us once yet this year btw although they're both signed to my roster) if they can play multiple games per week for multiple teams at their age, on turf etc. I hope I'm fit enough and have enough spare time in my mid 30's to play that much.

like cascadesoccer said, if we're getting paid to play, sitting on benches and being uber-tight with rules is one thing, but we're paying to play and it's about winning what you can and staying fit etc, and of course promotion/relegation pride, trophies, etc...but we're not exactly playing for the FA Cup or Champions League.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The club system is set up to benefit the clubs that make the backbone/spine of the league.

There are 2 terminal problems in our league(s)
1. Independent teams that feel entitled to play in a league, often times these indie teams never have guys volunteering to help out with youth soccer initiatives, volunteering for league exec and committee roles etc
2. Independent teams that play in a club, just to get field times, and thus see point 1, but point 1 also pertains in pt 2 to club duties as well.

Let's face facts, clubs are what keeps the league(s) alive. specifically in the FVSL you have all the committee members from CLUBS not TEAMS.
Uppal-ND
Hleucka- PAU
Peacock-LUFC
Watkins- PAU
Favelle- Pomo
Brown-Referees

I don't see anyone from Sundowners or Whalley United etc there, further to that I don't see any independent teams in Prem to D2 except Guildford Marga in D2, which is the laughing stock of our division and would be .500 at best in D4.

So of course the "rules" will favor clubs that operate well within the rules/constitution... you know how many times we'd go to League meetings and the only no-shows to vote on elections and rules were indie teams, it got so bad they had to put sanctions in if you missed meetings. And of course the first ones whinging about rules or accusing committee members of doing something not "above board" are the indie team guys who cannot be arsed to show up to meetings, elections, etc and can't be arsed to volunteer with Youth, vol with league duties etc.

Now that I've finished my tangent, I'm all for the rules as they are for many of the topics pointed out above. Div 2 isn't your D2 anymore... Div 3 and 4 are really the rec divisions. There are some really skillful players playing all over D2 that don't even go to play Premier... probably more of these guys than there are real muckers like me. It is what it is, there's 80+ teams in the FVSL and there are 30 teams split over Prem, D1, and D2. So get over it.

RE the Masters call ups etc... I say good on guys like Kusch and Edwards (neither of whom have suited up for us once yet this year btw although they're both signed to my roster) if they can play multiple games per week for multiple teams at their age, on turf etc. I hope I'm fit enough and have enough spare time in my mid 30's to play that much.

like cascadesoccer said, if we're getting paid to play, sitting on benches and being uber-tight with rules is one thing, but we're paying to play and it's about winning what you can and staying fit etc, and of course promotion/relegation pride, trophies, etc...but we're not exactly playing for the FA Cup or Champions League.
fuk me jonnyblewBALLS you keep this up UPPAL will be out of a job

jonnyBlueBALLs for fvsl president

sid

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Johnny I agree with you, seeing as me and my team are as you say an "Indie SqUAD". As far as Inter goes, every time I have played thos guys they have the exact same squad(aside from 1 or 2 faces) and they are just a squad who knows eachother and works hard and they win A LOT! If a few of their players happen to step up and play Prem, Hats off to them they deserve too.
As stated earlier, some Premier calibre players dont have time to make practices due to work, and cant make some of the Premier game times s they play div.2/ div.3 where commitment isnt a big of deal. Fine...... But when you have 5-6 top level pplayers steppiing down for one game, and they are stepping down two divisions just so a team can get 3 points, then I call bullshit!
We all pay $150-$200 a season to go play and train. I personally didnt pay that to compete all season long, bust my ass and train hard and compete, to then have my winning season taken away cause a team cant beat us with their actual Div. Squad, so now we go out and get spanked. And in the lower divisions if you take a look at the standings, one tie/ one loss can meanthe difference between promotion and staying in your division. We play Whalley next week in what is our Division deciding game (probably), so I know my team I have right now can compete and I hope will beat them! We have a Div.2 squad with some amazing strikers, great defenders who could really help us... So heres the scenario for you all....
I call down 6 of their best players they have on the Div.2 squad, I now have to bench 6 of my best friends who paid to play, worked hard all season long and trained very hard to play in games like this which decide our season. We spank whalley 6-0 and our 6 Div.2 players score 4 goals... We never play with that same squad again, and now we go on to win the league, and Whalley loses by what will probably be 3 points???? Fair game?? You decide man, I dont think so....
We joined WRU so we can have better practice fields, train with another team (always having good numbers), and always hve a 13 man squad. Just my .02

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

You aren't Indie, you're WRU. Which means you're a club. and if you don't use the competitive benefits to your advantage, I think you're stupid. (With all due respect buddy ;) )

It's a two way street. You joining Darcy's mob makes them stronger because they can call you up and others...

and you can't call down. You can sign down and if you don't do that you aren't using the rules to your advantage.

just sayin.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0