Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Players signing down, getting call up, injuries, moving around, missing games ect....

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im starting to think the whole players signing down a level to play with buddies and getting called up is a pile a shite. Going from these forums, I'm not the only one. Premier players filling out a div 2 team??? What the shite is this? The format was a good idea on paper but its just not fair at times.

Thoughts?

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Players signing down, getting call up, injuries, moving around, missing games ect

I'll let you know what i think after sunday when we play div 4 stolo, with there div 2 team playing before us. Personaly, i never liked the system. Only when it was Prem using div 1 cat did i think the system had use.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Players signing down, getting call up, injuries, moving around, missing games ect

I'll let you know what i think after sunday when we play div 4 stolo, with there div 2 team playing before us. Personaly, i never liked the system. Only when it was Prem using div 1 cat did i think the system had use.

agreed cat/div to prem worked and made sense.

All these prem guys signing and playing div 2 is a flaw in the system

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

Signing a player dn 2 divisons is an obvious sangbagging except in (2 or more) cases;

1) The club is trying to win 1st place and move up a division so their players have better competition.
2) The player signs down to play with his friends and plays up a few times a year.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

agreed cat/div to prem worked and made sense.

All these prem guys signing and playing div 2 is a flaw in the system

it does seem kind of unfair. but some of these guys like playing and want to play 2-3 games a weekend....they sign down and they can play div 2, div 1 and prem. that way the help the club out, which is the whole point of permitting guys weekly. it also helps when teams are missing guys for whatever reason, it allows them to call up to 7 players to help complete the squad for the night. but i can see where you're coming from with better players playing down. but you gotta understand some guys just dont want to play at that level for whatever reason, maybe they cant commit to trainings etc....and instead go to play with friends. maybe the rule should be, the players should sign only one division below? example, a prem team can only call up div 1 players, div 1 can only call up div 2 players...just an idea?

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

How many did MB10 score?

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

I like the idea of calling up players, but for a 3 division jump from Prem Players do go down to div.2...Not so cool! I think there should be a 1 division allowance just like JJ Said, only prem players can go down to div.1, and div.1 can go down to div.2 and so on...Nothing like watching an amazing premier group of athletes dance around some div.3 players :p

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I agree. It should only be a one division jump.
Unless the club doesn't have a team in that division.

If a club has no Div.2 team, jumping from Div.3 to Div.1 should be allowed in this case.

How do the div.3/2 players like it when a premier guy comes and takes there minutes?
Also,
Injuries will catch up to these fellas, some div.3/2 hack will do em, or the turf minutes will kill their bodies....

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Canlan has a good system at indoor in burnaby. any player can move 1 div up or down. for instance, i play div 2 co-ed. i can there for play mens 1,2,3 or co-ed 1,2,3. this prevents teams from div 5 co-ed signing guys from mens div 1.

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

I've been saying this for awhile Tim. It is within the rules of the league for a prem player to sign with the div 4 team, and play div 1 or Prem. Absoutely within the rules. But is it within the spirit of the game? In every world cup match when they bring out the team flags, they have kids holding the FIFA flag which says: FIFA Fair Play. Definitely couldn't do that with some teams in this league.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

What if "jim" plays premier this year, but his new work scheduale only allows him to make div 2 or 3 games next year, should he not be able to play?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Are the games not Fri/sun in almost all divisions? If so then why can't "Jim" make the odd game? It didn't seem to matter what level I played at the home/away games were always all over the place. Jumping up thru 4 divisions is a pile of crap if you ask me. You sign in Div one and get called up for Premier should be the only exception to "callups"

rbks

Aug 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

It's called the club system !It works and people are jealous !The whole point is try to have your top 4 teams sitting in the top spot and keeping the team up so you attract the better players to your club.Club system works!Just look @ the NFS teams majority of the teams are in the upper pack of there division.

rbks

Aug 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Next season you will see this club will be even stronger!

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I guess it won't stop until the league puts a rule in place. Until then the lower divisions won't matter as their roster is not a true calibre week in week out.

rbks

Aug 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Don't agree look at NFS Milan good team that could compete or beat alot of div2 teams they have no players signed down it's the same team week in week out.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

TBL i know this thread is aimed mostly at Inter, doubt it was a coincidence that you start this thread after playing us. Anyways I got a couple questions.
#1 Doesn't Alfie play for you guys and start for the prem team?
#2 Why was it okay for Rich Fagan to play for you guys last year?
#3 What if, in this case NFS Razorbacks doesn't want or have room for the 4 guys who played in both games this weekend from Inter?
Also Telford was called up today weather or not he played is irrelevant, he is good enough. Tyler Reu (hope i spelt that right?) could play Prem as well as your own brother who's also your striker is probably good enough, and i believe he played prem before correct?

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

TBL i know this thread is aimed mostly at Inter, doubt it was a coincidence that you start this thread after playing us. Anyways I got a couple questions.
#1 Doesn't Alfie play for you guys and start for the prem team?
#2 Why was it okay for Rich Fagan to play for you guys last year?
#3 What if, in this case NFS Razorbacks doesn't want or have room for the 4 guys who played in both games this weekend from Inter?
Also Telford was called up today weather or not he played is irrelevant, he is good enough. Tyler Reu (hope i spelt that right?) could play Prem as well as your own brother who's also your striker is probably good enough, and i believe he played prem before correct?

Nope. Lets not not kid ourselves here. Half your team DOES PLAY premier. 1 or 2 guys signing down doesn't make a difference. Look at the Namad guy last year( cavinore or some shite) He was one guy not half a team. The " premier guy on our team " has played 2 games with us . We lost those games 5-1 and 4-0. The other guys you have named along with the rest of our team was the premier team 3- 4 years ago.We have all played up there and now have no commitment or time for that ( also we are washed up, fat, drunk, and so on) so we play down div 2 with friends where I thought it would be div 2. . Believe me if we were all in div 1 I would not be pissed off. But if I had know we were playing in the new division Prem 2 I would have picked up different players and so on.

You see the benefit of playing div 2 is that you can sign some friends that are lower caliber and they wont stand out in games, they get playing time, they feel like they are apart of the team and they have fun. Ok, now when we are playing against a premier team, these guys Don't see the pitch and if they do they stand out pretty bad. And so they should , the jump from Div 2 to premier should and IS a pretty big fukcing leap in quality. The fraser valley premier is currently the best its probably ever been.

Getting spanked by the young guns was a pretty good wake up call for us that this is not div 2 and we have to take it more serious and train properly ( doing 1 team lap then shooting for an hr while NWA is blasting on the stereo might not cut it).

The system has laid out the rules , so I can only say so much about Inter or the young guns, you guys have just made the most of what the system has allowed. End of the day you guys are doing nothing wrong.

I didnt start this thread after you beat us, I started it after prem called up one of my guys. It felt like Inter was calling him up and had he got injured, I get fuked over twice.

This format can work. I just feel the rules surrounding it are way too fukcing loose and need to be re-evaluated so they benefit everyone and ad to fair play and not the other way around.

If you think its good the way it is and having premier guys blasting home goals in div 2 is fair and fun then so be it.

Thats the way it is and ill shut up about it....well.... Until we lose again , then ill find some way to INTERtwine our lose and the new PREMIER 2 Div.

.........actually hold up, we lost to stolo as well. Oh yeah that one was the ref.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I hope the suggestion of going back to having a CAT division was a joke. You can see right now from the VMSL that it absolutely does not work. Players that are good enough to be called up to help a Prem team do not want to waste their time playing CAT. They will simply join a Div 1 team if they can't make a prem team outright.

The correct solution is the one that the Island has/had. Once a player is called up X number of times (I think their rule is 5, but someone may know the correct #), they are forced to transfer up and are no longer eligible for their lower division team.

Simple.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Really? Why not stop being such a whiny bitch? The system is set up for teams serious about improving moving up and winning. Yeah at the end of the day we're all playing amateur soccer, however some clubs desire to be competitive, Inter (just an example) use this system to let the players that want to play as much as possible and win do so. In the end, if teams want to win a division, they have to have a solid week in week out core at that level regardless.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0