Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pakenham Cup 2009 - Week 2

Pak Cup 2009 - Week 2 Cup MOTW

• Poco City Reserves D1 - Aldergrove Utd D1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aldergrove Utd P - Dewdney United D1

• Mission SC D1 - North Delta Lions P

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
rangers were a step behind all game, resorting to tackles from behind or hacks to the calves to slow the game, so i don't know how the last minute foul could be called a dive. our striker was brought down from behind in the box. simple as that.

i have my doubts about the alleged "laughs from the sideline", that's just not us.

our keeper was a monster in the shootout, stopping the last two rangers' shots, definitely earned the win.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Tarnishedboot? BrandonSampson? WTF?
No PAU, No POMO, No Rangers. Winning the Pak just won't be the same without them in it anymore.
:)

It's really too bad, we were looking for a rematch against PoMo in the next round. I'm a little dissapointed actually.

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to throw a log on the fire, why is it clubs like the Wack and yes, Langley, seem to have their tactics thrown at them year after year? Surrey United for that matter in the VMSL. Long ball, kick and run and the rest of it. Guinness went on about our tactics more than once this year, 'Play soccer' we were advised. The Wack have been ripped for years about their counter attack. Very successful five or 6 years in my eyes. Surrey has a decent recent history as well.

One theory is you play to your strengths and not a style you don't have the players nor the system to employ. Why rip these teams?

Fact is Langley and the Wack have always defended well and scored goals. Some years better than others. But recently very consistent year to year. Very simple systems and yes at times not overly creative. But for eff sakes, lucky at times to get 10 guys out once a week to train and I would be hard pressed to say we have had the same line up twice. Just the way it is.

Tough break to the Rangers. And if we are lucky enough to proceed, I am sure I am not the only one in our camp that had no interest in revisiting our Pak history against you guys. Sounds like the history and tradition of the Rangers is alive and well.

Somewhat relevant to the thread......

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
rangers were a step behind all game, resorting to tackles from behind or hacks to the calves to slow the game, so i don't know how the last minute foul could be called a dive. our striker was brought down from behind in the box. simple as that.

i have my doubts about the alleged "laughs from the sideline", that's just not us.

our keeper was a monster in the shootout, stopping the last two rangers' shots, definitely earned the win.

i watched the game last night and although i do agree that the penelty was a wee bit weak you still cant slide at someone from behind. it wasnt the best brand of soccer as was stated earlier with lots of long balls and such...my opinion was the rangers did well to hold them off the 18yards box but they did find themselves clipping ankles and late tackles as the game went on and on. and if you late tackle and cheap guys eventually the ref can get one wrong due to your previous actions..tuff break rangers i thought you could have pulled it our..
Z...we should listen to his opinion on divers as he falls over and grabs his face and rolls around on the ground if you lightly touch him...so he knows a good dive when he see its..im kinda glad though as because of your dive in our game Z you got our guy a yellow he didnt deserve so im glad you finally got yours back....i was pulling for you guys though...carma is a bitch though....out

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've read everything, from Steppy's assessment, to hearing Z's tears from here, to the Chilliwack counter, and the painfull 2 minutes of LFC's post I'll never get back...I can only come to one conclusion:

Chilliwack deserved it.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abbotsford Mariners P - Peace Arch Utd P
Port Moody Gunners D1 - Trinity Western Titans D1
SFC Rangers D1 - Chilliwack Rapids P
Poco City Reserves D1 - Aldergrove Utd D1

3 for 4's not bad so far, should have been 4 for 4 if PAU didn't shite the bed. Whoda thunk they'd lose?

GHouse, was bang on with his upset predictions for this round.
Can his team pull off their own this weekend?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where's the game report from Port Moody?
Still having something stuck in your throats?

;)

Hatman16

Oct 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard fought game. Hard lines for the SFC lads, but that's how things go sometimes.

Now is the time to grow up and be big boys, stop blamin' others, looking for excuses to rewrite history and begin to act like a club that has won some championships in the past, and knows what it means to behave like one don't you think?

Well said Rivermouth, Couldnt agree more

Shanked the peno & still stunned, but too late now..

jbeck

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A lot of interesting discussion re: the Wack-SFC match. A couple further details that haven't been re-hashed yet:

-the cries of too much extra time in the second half are a bit hard to believe. There was stoppage because of at least one injury to a SFC player (striker who went down on the far sideline), at least one injury to a Chilli player, the SFC goal, and the numerous cards, fouls, and resulting repeated warnings from Kevin. You add it all up and I think 3-5 minutes--or whatever it was--was not as outrageous as some on here think.

-I thought the job done by Kevin and his crew was very good. He may be overly tough on the chatter, but at least you know where he stands and he makes sure it never gets beyond just that. The penalty was on a late challenge from behind in a scoring area--it should be called in the first minute or the last. I don't like the idea in any sport that the last 10 minutes of a game means you can get away with more. Call it consistent throughout.

-the long ball tactics. Yes, we play it. Maybe too much, maybe not enough. I don't know, frankly, I don't care about style, as long as what we play is successful. And besides, when you have guys like Wilmets and Shorty and others who can consistently hit those 25-40 yard long balls to the gaps in defence or to target men, you can't possibly tell me that you're going to stop them and change their game. I'd be happy you don't have them running at you for 90 minutes anyhow--I see it in training 8 months a year, its no fun for a defender. We struggled early on with injuries, suspensions, turnover of longtime personnel, absences for personal reasons, new young players working into the mix, everything you can think of. After about 4-5 years of virtually no change in our midfield and defence line-ups, we have not had the same line-up for two straight games at any point this season. We'll take whatever works and any team that has fought through that is entitled to at least that.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness went on about our tactics more than once this year, 'Play soccer' we were advised. The Wack have been ripped for years about their counter attack. Very successful five or 6 years in my eyes. Surrey has a decent recent history as well.

One theory is you play to your strengths and not a style you don't have the players nor the system to employ. Why rip these teams?

I'm with Guinness on this 1, (as much as I'm enjoying their fall from grace right now) sorry LFC3....and any other team's that opt for the lame excuse that we play to our strengths (long ball)......too lazy to try and play fitba. BUILDING SOME TENSION FOR WHATS TO COME'...hopefully:cool:

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 for 4's not bad so far, should have been 4 for 4 if PAU didn't shite the bed. Whoda thunk they'd lose?

GHouse, was bang on with his upset predictions for this round.
Can his team pull off their own this weekend?

lfc3 in long ball pk's:):rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I take full responsiblitiy for the Rangers loss last night, the old boys ended early, so we headed over to watch the last 15 minutes and chat with old Jinky on the sideline. Well I go off with the hat trick of jinx, "Doc will get the winner in this one", "Ian will get he shut out", as long as "whistleblower doesn't give a soft pk at the end". I still can't get over what took place at the end of that match, I feel so bad for those Rangers, the game was done. I will not blame Upps, he did a good job in the middle and called the pk correct, but the time left in the match is the factor. It will be going through the Rangers heads the last minute of play, they have a 2 v 1, sandro plays the ball across to dobin, who puts it over the net. I know you should allways go for goal, but in that situation, how about go to the corner and kill the game. I don't think that the Rangers were hanging on, they kept going forward, and from what I saw, the wack was just looking for a lucking knock down up front as thier attack.

Tough luck for the Rangers.

hos

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is just a hard pill to swallow.
Both teams battled. The refs were good throughout.
The PK at the end is tough to digest...especially after losing in PK's.
If I hit mine, Hat has less pressure and probably burries it.

We have to put it behind us now and learn from it.

rlads

Oct 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the real reason that the chilli /rangers game was so close is because chilli was missing their star player #7 . Besides o-dog and cantona he is probably the best that the fvsl has seen. That's really all ther is to it.

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Tarnishedboot? BrandonSampson? WTF?
No PAU, No POMO, No Rangers. Winning the Pak just won't be the same without them in it anymore.
:)

It's really too bad, we were looking for a rematch against PoMo in the next round. I'm a little dissapointed actually.

tied at half and then first goal was a nice shot from outside, second was an unlucky OG, TWU goalie played good as did their defense. would have been nice to make a pak cup run but i guess that wasn't in the cards this year, promotion was obviously our goal and we'll concentrate on finishing that now.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
the real reason that the chilli /rangers game was so close is because chilli was missing their star player #7 . Besides o-dog and cantona he is probably the best that the fvsl has seen. That's really all ther is to it.

O-Dog sadly retired,,hes been put down so to speek...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0