Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pakenham Cup 2009 Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
PK has to be the talking point of the ACBC Abby game.

Tyler came out and for went to punch a ball clear and got all head. The ball was in another time zone by the time he made contact. The Ref (colin, one of, if not the best ref around) gives a yellow and a pk. The striker was in alone so obviously the keeper took away a clear scoring chance with the foul...which was violent to say the least. In my books it should have been a red. Abby did score on the pk.

Abby's keeper did gift acbc a goal for their 2nd. he got completely mixed up with the 2 centerbacks.

Admir gone will make acbc a better team. he was atrocious today, good for atleast 3 field goals. ACBC to beak Chili 3-2 I dont think ACBC's Defence will be able to handle the kick and run - but they'll score them selfs to victory.
:bronco:

Thanks to the all blacks for the burgers - best after game food ever made.

FVstriker11

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finals of the Pak Cup, Chilliwack vs. ACBC, last time these teams met Chilliwack won 3-0 without a real goalie in net and missing many other starters.
After watching ACBC play Abby i think this time will be closer but i dont think ACBC can handle the pressure and strength the rapids will throw at them. Chilliwacks defense is much better than Abby's so they shouldnt be expecting 3 goals for themselves, they just better hope they can hold chilliwack off and keep it close so they can have a chance.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I phoned Utah, who was at the game, in time to hear him heckle Chilli's centerback: "Get your head out of your ASS Centerback...sorry Dad, but he's playing ATTROCIOUS!"

:D

I'm sure the whole stadium had to put up w/ Utah's heckling. I for one was driving up 200th at about 72nd w/ the window down and heard him.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tyler came out and for went to punch a ball clear and got all head.

Once a keeper is committed, he can't turn back. And obviously Ty was just protecting himself (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). The sun/rain/sleet must have gotten in his eye. Ball / Head... no difference at this point.

BTW... I'm willing to bet that striker didn't challenge for many high balls with him the rest of the day. And likely won't show much interest the next few matchups, either.

'Atta boy brilliantsave!

Footsteps forever...

Signed,

Association of Keepers Supporting Keepers
Member # 65.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The striker was like 5'7, 130 lbs, not sure what he'd have to be protecting himself from. Props to the kid who got up pretty much right away though.

gametime

Oct 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The striker was like 5'7, 130 lbs

actually 5'9, 145 lbs :D
Punch to the head, headache for the rest of the day, move on with it.
Playing defensive central mid I didn't get in the box too much to challenge again.
If I got a penalty out of it the first time then why not keep doing it given the chance?

jbeck

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW... I'm willing to bet that striker didn't challenge for many high balls with him the rest of the day. And likely won't show much interest the next few matchups, either.
QUOTE]

When we were warming up down on the end of the pitch watching the dying minutes of regular time, I recall one bouncing long ball to the ACBC keeper which an Abby striker had an excellent chance to flick on past the charging keeper, but stopped dead in his tracks and avoided any contact. At that point in the game and considering what was on the line, we all heckled him for the soft turtling, but good on the ACBC keeper for setting the tone earlier. It probably saved him a goal on that later play.

brilliantsave

Jul 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually got the faintest of a touch on the ball as it went by, momentum carried me through the player. I knew I had gotten a small touch on it, thats why I was upset with the call. And I didn't tag him with my fists, that was all of my left shoulder. To call the challenge violent though is a joke. We're all grown men, collissions happen. It wasn't intentional and I didn't lead with closed fists. (By the way he came in cleats up and got my leg good, but you dont see me complaining). Blame it to me playing with Sixfyv last year, must have taken in some pointers from him. Credit to robbie though, he got up much quicker than I expected. The ref told me the yellow was for, and I quote, 'charging'. I then politely asked if I could have a 5 minute major instead. Anyways, fun game to play in, should be a cracker again next weekend.

Member #71

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I support you too, BS. I would have punched him in the head for the hair "cut" alone.

Attachments

• robbie.jpg
    robbie.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 118

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
heh I was just looking at those.

Ya didnt have any chance on that pk - it was very well placed.

and since carnie likes name in lights. The winner.

Attachments

• 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 101
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 107

Carniehore

Sep 20, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
heh I was just looking at those.

Ya didnt have any chance on that pk - it was very well placed.

and since carnie likes name in lights. The winner.

keep talking like that kj i will light u up like a christmas tree !!!! hahahaha i look like a dork in that pic but i will take the goal .... just close ur eyes and wish for the best thats how i score all my goals !!!! hahahahaha then do my happy dance :bronco:with a little :knvb:

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually got the faintest of a touch on the ball as it went by, momentum carried me through the player. I knew I had gotten a small touch on it, thats why I was upset with the call. And I didn't tag him with my fists, that was all of my left shoulder. To call the challenge violent though is a joke. We're all grown men, collissions happen. It wasn't intentional and I didn't lead with closed fists. (By the way he came in cleats up and got my leg good, but you dont see me complaining). Blame it to me playing with Sixfyv last year, must have taken in some pointers from him. Credit to robbie though, he got up much quicker than I expected. The ref told me the yellow was for, and I quote, 'charging'. I then politely asked if I could have a 5 minute major instead. Anyways, fun game to play in, should be a cracker again next weekend.

Member #71

LAW 12 – FOULS AND MISCONDUCT
Fouls and misconduct are penalised as follows:
Direct Free Kick
A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits
any of the following six offences in a manner considered by the referee
to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:
• kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
• trips or attempts to trip an opponent
• jumps at an opponent
charges an opponent
• strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
• pushes an opponent

...Carry on...

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Collin probably didnt get the joke - when he did the Dynamo - Rangers game he was fresh off the boat.

brilliantsave

Jul 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
...How on earth is a goalkeeper to come out strong for 50/50 challenges then without it being a foul? i agree with the rules, but some common sense needs to be used for certain circumstances. I think sixfyv and the other gks will agree with me on this one. If I had to make a save like that again, I would without any hesitation. Would have never been called a foul down at college or in any of the other leagues I've played in. Oh well, games done and dusted, time to move on with it and looking forward to next weekend.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just gotta say that the ball was in the air and both players went for it and arrived at the same time both hitting each other. it was a clear 50/50 ball and when the whistle blew we all thought the call was the other way as the player ran into the goalie as you see so many times. Not intent but going for the ball as our keeper was. Then the official pointed to the spot. We were all quit shocked.
The way I see it is the keeper has to go for the ball as he is last man and the ball is moveing towards him. Not that scoreing isnt important but the forward could pull out and he is chaseing the ball. I think thats why usually that same play goes in favor of the keeper. Usually..
I personally thought it was a very week call.
Thank god we came back after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0