Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pakenham Cup 2009 Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just gotta say that the ball was in the air and both players went for it and arrived at the same time both hitting each other. it was a clear 50/50 ball and when the whistle blew we all thought the call was the other way as the player ran into the goalie as you see so many times. Not intent but going for the ball as our keeper was. Then the official pointed to the spot. We were all quit shocked.
The way I see it is the keeper has to go for the ball as he is last man and the ball is moveing towards him. Not that scoreing isnt important but the forward could pull out and he is chaseing the ball. I think thats why usually that same play goes in favor of the keeper. Usually..
I personally thought it was a very week call.
Thank god we came back after that.

By his own admission, Your GK just said he clattered into his head with his shoulder. That constitutes a weak call?:confused:

brilliantsave

Jul 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also stated that he came in cleats up and got me good. So take your pick. We both went in hard, 50/50. He got the worst of it so I was the one called for the foul. Like I said before, any other league, it's not a foul. So yeah, weak is a good word to describe it.

xRESTRICTEDx

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also stated that he came in cleats up and got me good. So take your pick. We both went in hard, 50/50. He got the worst of it so I was the one called for the foul. Like I said before, any other league, it's not a foul. So yeah, weak is a good word to describe it.

i agree very weak call,many people in the stands were quite shocked as well!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
When we (geu) played langley awhile back their keeper nearly punched my head off my neck on a 50/50 but it was a clean play if you go for a ball against a keeper in the air expect to get hit. I didn't complain nor think it should have been a pk. I was just happy to see straight. IMO brilliantsave did nothing wrong shouldn't have been a pk. Good luck in the finals.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yet the same GK's union will get their panties in a major twist the first hint of contact on a crossed ball...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
As an impartial fan watching the game (could care less who won) the first thing I thought was foul. I've been clattered by many a keeper, and 99% of the time I have no problem with it as that's their job. Ball was gone, and it was two arms in to the strikers face. That's what I saw. Thought a yellow and PK was fair (didn't see him go it studs up, figured his foot was up because he kicked the ball). The only people in the stands that disagreed with the call all seemed to be cheering for ACBC. Weird.

FVstriker11

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree.. i was watching from side and saw the striker get a foot to the ball (around knee hight) then get two fists to his head.. i thought it was clear the goalie wasnt near enough to the ball for it to be a clean 50/50 challenge and that it definitely stopped the player from a goal scoring opportunity. A Yellow and Pk was fair.. at the least.

Carniehore

Sep 20, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree.. i was watching from side and saw the striker get a foot to the ball (around knee hight) then get two fists to his head.. i thought it was clear the goalie wasnt near enough to the ball for it to be a clean 50/50 challenge and that it definitely stopped the player from a goal scoring opportunity. A Yellow and Pk was fair.. at the least.

personally on the field i hated the call, all the emotion on the pitch u know !!! hahahaha looking back, the ball (which i thought was deflected) went up in the air not close to the goal so i believed it was a 50 /50 therefore fair game and sometimes people get crushed in those tackles :eek: !!! none the less i think the reffing was great that game and he made the right calls both ways. the PK was a bold call but he did talk to his line man and stuck to his guns. thats a good ref in my books !! great game i enjoyed it win or lose !!!
see u abby guys on the weekend hopefully better weather !!!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0