Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pakenham Cup 2008 'Predictions and Banter'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilliwack 1-0 over Langley Div1
Peace Arch 3-0 Over GEU
North Delta 3-2 Over Langley Premier (They have a history of losing to Div 1 teams in PAK Cup :p)
I think Abby DESTROYS Chilliwack Div 1

Frank

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilliwack 1-0 over Langley Div1
Peace Arch 3-0 Over GEU
North Delta 3-2 Over Langley Premier (They have a history of losing to Div 1 teams in PAK Cup :p)
I think Abby DESTROYS Chilliwack Div 1

Thanks Z I will be in Hawaii so it's gutting me to miss this game.maybe a very tired chilliwack prem team will show up and give us a chance.

Peace Arch hammers the Folding Knights

Langley Prems prevail by 2-0

Same scoreline for Abby as T-REX plays amazing to keep chilli in it

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilli over Langley
Pau 3-0 over Geu.
Bulljive to give Langley fits, but... sorry... Langley 3-1
Abbey 3-1 Chilli.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wow - still holding onto the last victory the 'Gers had in the Pak Cup - what was that like 5 years ago:D

Let's face it - the new 'Gers are nothing compared to the originals.....the only thing you have on them is less body fat and the important ability to drink them under the table......

Move on;)

4ST OUT!!!!:bronco::bronco:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow - still holding onto the last victory the 'Gers had in the Pak Cup - what was that like 5 years ago:D

Let's face it - the new 'Gers are nothing compared to the originals.....the only thing you have on them is less body fat and the important ability to drink them under the table......

Move on;)

4ST OUT!!!!:bronco::bronco:

Actually, the anniversary of the infamous poor pitch & horrible ball game is coming up in 6 days.... March 12, 2005

So, we are the new and improved 'Gers.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Z......

I am taking my little guy to his first Canuck game Saturday.

Try to take it easy from posting away on the scoreboard pal.:rolleyes:

We wouldn't want to shatter the wee man.......Yes one of the seven Blazers will be worn!

Let's Go Rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Z......

I am taking my little guy to his first Canuck game Saturday.

Try to take it easy from posting away on the scoreboard pal.:rolleyes:

We wouldn't want to shatter the wee man.......Yes one of the seven Blazers will be worn!

Let's Go Rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You loved it....

Now, back on topic!

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like the ND/ Langley battle..........ND to win (if they have all their players, work seems to be an issue with them .... but its the pak so get it done)

O and Lets go blaz'gers. big game tonight at JO

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDFC 2-1 Langley

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Hard fought game on both ends but we deserved it. We outplayed them in the first half and were up 1-0 do to a long range rocket in the bottom corner second half may have leaned a bit more their way. They got a boderline PK, there was a foul but you can't call a weak one like that with 15 to go. It was a bit of a make-up call for a play that should have been a PK 2 minutes earlier. bulljive with the extratime winner. Langley then kicks us out of the changeroom at 8:45...:rolleyes:

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDFC 2-1 Langley

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Hard fought game on both ends but we deserved it. We outplayed them in the first half and were up 1-0 do to a long range rocket in the bottom corner second half may have leaned a bit more their way. They got a boderline PK, there was a foul but you can't call a weak one like that with 15 to go. It was a bit of a make-up call for a play that should have been a PK 2 minutes earlier. bulljive with the extratime winner. Langley then kicks us out of the changeroom at 8:45...:rolleyes:

well done guys ..... congrats from all in the cobra's camp

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
like bulljive said 2-1..what a game closed it out with about 3min left..2-0 vs premier this cup run so far but it gets tougher next week here with a few good premier sides left in the draw..should be good considering getting this far is an accompishment in itself...last d1 team left in it so hopefully we can pull our weight and squeek out another win here...later

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
chilliwack P vs NDFC div 1 MAP 5:30

Peace Arch P vs Abby P MAP 8:00

The best team in div 1 vs Chilliwack. I don't know if we can really pull another one out but we will give it a shot. Peace Arch has had a pretty soft draw to the final this year. I know abby is a lot better the second half of the season with the college players but the top team they play is a 5th or 6th place premier team. Our possible cinderella road Langley, Chilliwack, most likely Peace Arch......:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still gutted by our loss on Saturday. The boddy is happy to now get a chance to heal some injuries, but would rather be coming home from holidays in three weeks and making my way to Exhibition Park for the finals.

I felt that we had a decent shot if the cards fell for us. They were playing their 3rd big game in a week, while we had a chance to rest a lot of guys against the Coachmen, and were as fresh as we were going to be. We also knew they were in a battle Wednesday night, and were hoping they were feeling it still.

We had a glorious chance to go 1-0 up ½ way through the first but the Chili keeper made a brilliant save of Hayes on the doorstep.

With about 2 minutes left in the half, we committed a terrible turnover in midfield, and on the counter, and on a bit of a broken play, the ball seemed to find Slaney (as they always do) and he clinically finished the header.

2nd half, again, seemed to be pretty even play, then a nice cross comes across the box to find their striker, who was not going to be stopped getting to this ball. Slaney was right there too, but his striking partner paid the price for it in a big way, as Juice- in his attempt to clear the ball- caught this fellow full on right in the stomach. With the ball in the back of our net, this guy was laying on the ground and I thought for sure he’d swallowed his tongue. After a couple of minutes, he’s finally able to calm down, and catch his breath (he just had the wind knocked out of him). He says, “Did I get that?” to which Slaney says “Sorry bud, it was close, and I’m taking it”. :D

Anyhow, as we pressed, things opened up more, and one of ours clattered one of theirs in the box for a PK, and another Slaney goal (officially credited w/ 2 on the night).

Bottom line, we just could not get anything going inside the final attacking 3rd. They shut down very well defensively, and we did not do as well. Slaney is a huge weapon for them too. He’s always been clinical, and he basically sealed the game w/ the 1st goal at such a heartbreaking moment in the game. I felt that they enjoyed a home pitch advantage too. Normally such a great field, being this time of the year, it was a bit greasy, and a little bumpy. We were blowing tires all over the place, and left more than a few divots. In warm up, it didn’t feel so bad, but that all changed when the bullets started to fly. Note to anyone in the finals: have your 6 studs ready to go.

A hard fought battle, and a fun run in the cup came to an end for us. The better and more deserving team is definitely moving on.

Sorry to hear about our LUFC Premier side losing to NDFC, but from the account I heard Saturday night, NDFC played like they wanted it more, and earned the result.

Bulljive- good luck representing the 1st division moving on. I have a good feeling about your squad’s chances on the MAP turf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0