Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pakenham Cup 2008 'Predictions and Banter'

Status
Not open for further replies.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
well i went to talk to the league today (plesent buch)no...and over the corse of 23 games this year i took my 3rd yellow last week in the win over langley so i miss the game vs chilli this weekend..is it just me or does anyone else find it dumb that the cards over the year carry into the cup..i think the cup should be totally different. should be allowed 2 yellows in cup play before missing a game..there is just too many games in a season to carry into cup play...i guess i should have on purpose taken someone out in order to reset my card count..promoting fouls? thats what i guess they want us to do...sorry for the bitch i just needed to tell someone..thanks boys...but seriously who thinks cup cards should be different than league cards???? any opinions....out

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree but I might be a bit bias to the situation. For a position like center back it seems pretty excessive to have all those cards carrying into cup etc. I mean what defender doesn't have to take a guy out 2 or 3 times a year. needless to say the card against Langley was a joke, even their player said it was totally clean. Hard lines but hopfully we can get you a shot at playing in the final.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
any opinions....out

this is not the first time and wont be the last...shitty no doubt, but I think cards should carry over.
Just my VOTE and it will def. affect my betting for this game.;)
Still taking Chilli by 1, but secretly cheering for another ND upset...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Part of going far in a Cup is card management. Everyone has to do it, and typically, the teams that have success in a Cup get more yellows simply because they play a harder, less forgiving style.

It is what it is. No doubt not having a carryover would make things easier...but who wants that?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It proves who has the best total team. Teams with only 11 or 12 good players won't do well. Teams with a deep bench... no problem.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little birdy told me that Guinness will not be available for the Pak Semifinal this weekend....................

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
yellows carried over

I think the total card count (before suspension) should be lifted to 5.
I guess it doesn't effect the shite teams, but in the past some QUALITY players have sat out Cup finals because of 1 yellow card taken in a tough semi-final. I don't think it has anything to do with deep benches (we have one), but the lad who has to sit is absolutely gutted.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree Guinness,
3 yellows = 1 game suspension is too much, especially this year as the cards are being handed out like candy on halloween.

The ref's do a good job for the most part, and it is a tough job.

Some refs are able to keep control without handing out cards everytime someone looks at someone funny, and sometimes the slightest thing sets off a ref to yellow card someone to "ensure the game doesn't get out of hand"

5 would be a nice number of yellows I think...

Big Ern

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the most part it's the same players each year that sit due to 3 (or more) yellows...and it's the same players who have never sat due to the same set of rules! - once a cheater, always a cheater - isn't that what your lady says Guinness :)
btw...ask Willmets about his upcoming suspension thanks to the often-called yellow for diving!!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Card management is the way to go unfortunately.
You either sit or you play and take the risk.
Or, yes, you purposely take a mild yellow in a game where you know your odds the next week of winning against oppostion is the right timing to clean your slate.
As I said, unfortunate to have to do that, but these days it's the only solution.

That being said...
In the old days :eek: (Say 10-15 years ago...) yours truly made a case similar to Dopes and was granted eligibility to play the Cup final with the suspension being served Game 1 the following year.
I also remember another of my teammates back then being granted eligible for Provincial Cup play by the league with his suspension carrying over into the next year.

I'm for carry overs depending on how mild the offense is.

Unlucky man.

Cheers,
RF

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
suspension

The cat was let out of the bag... (Cheers sixfyv)

However, it is not card trouble or a league issued suspension. Hibee (our coach) has given me a 1 game club suspension due to dodgy movement of team funds. Apparently, he got suspicious when he took a look at the books and saw $1000 spent on white tape! :mad:

Bollocks

oodles

Nov 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the most part it's the same players each year that sit due to 3 (or more) yellows...and it's the same players who have never sat due to the same set of rules! - once a cheater, always a cheater - isn't that what your lady says Guinness :)
btw...ask Willmets about his upcoming suspension thanks to the often-called yellow for diving!!

I don't think there should be any cards!! Wouldn't it be fun to see Ed from Chilli and Carson(PAU) drop the gloves right at kick off and just have to sit 4 minutes yelling at each other in there respected boxes or better yet see Ed bitch slap someone like Calver on his own team for beeking so much to
refs,players,fans,etc. Hockey rules would be great.....power plays come on what corn chuck'n red neck from the Tri cities wouldn't vote for that!!

PS - Ern like you've never got a card.......cheater :)

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rapids 3-1 NDFC

Wack go up 2-0 in the first half off of our mistakes that led to odd man rushes and goals. We put away a nice finish (bulljive that piece of shite;)) outside the 18 to make it a game going into halftime. NDFC came out with life to begin the 2nd, but the Wack converted a cross that looked as though it was going out for a goal kick into a smart finish and ultimately that was the game.

I would love to say that the key players we were missing would have made a difference, but in reality the Rapids came out and won almost every ball in the air and it would be easy to say that they wanted it more but it seemed like they were just in position better. Tough pill to swallow but f*ck it. Also we played 4-5-1 that stymied Langley quite well but it seemed Chili was playing the same formation. I’m not sure if that’s there regular formation or coincidence but it cancelled ours out. Side notes, I believe #9 had all 3 goals and #20 was an all around presence in the mid for them all game.

Couple of unrelated Pak cup thoughts. After playing Langley and Chilliwack, I would have to say that ACBC is the most “talented” team we have played so far this year. That said the most skilled team isn’t always the best as I’m sure Langley and Chilliwack have the same amount of skill but maybe are smarter, more team players who make the “right” play rather than going for the nutmeg or deke and risky pass. Anyways looking forward to the final should be a great battle.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 1 Abby 0

thank fcuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ya dancer...............................................................................

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good win boys, should make for a good cup final. last kick at the can for chilli boys as i heard early this week a bunch of the veteran core will be hangin em up and movin on to 0-35 s. Things are good here in Guatemala, took the kids to mexico city yesterday for 3 hours. Guinny back for two trainin sessions this week, gut check time. keep up the god work boys, bring em home ROBBIE & STUDS

Friday Knight

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rapids 3-1 NDFC

I would love to say that the key players we were missing would have made a difference, but in reality the Rapids came out and won almost every ball in the air and it would be easy to say that they wanted it more but it seemed like they were just in position better. Tough pill to swallow but f*ck it. Also we played 4-5-1 that stymied Langley quite well but it seemed Chili was playing the same formation. I’m not sure if that’s there regular formation or coincidence but it cancelled ours out. Side notes, I believe #9 had all 3 goals and #20 was an all around presence in the mid for them all game.

Since we're talking about missing players perhaps making a difference, Willmets would undoubtedly have had a say in things as well...he usually does.:rolleyes: I know he's looking forward to the final.

For the record, Chilli played a 3-5-2 as usual, and lets make sure Slaney (#8) gets credit for all 3 goals...I even saw him run for the third one! That's 8 goals in 4 Pak games (1,2,2,3) to add to his golden boot leading 13 regular season. Lazy f**k!!

Full marks to ND - they battled a full 90 when many would have considered packing it in after 2-0. I believe that a number of those players were on the young squad that suffered a much more one-sided loss to us a couple of years ago, and many Chilli players took criticism for saying they were a good team with lots of potential. A team headed in the right direction is always good for the Valley. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0