Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pacific Cup 2010/11

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Due to the disqualification of PoCo by the FVSL Executive, Gorge FC will now advance to the final of the Pacific Cup against Gordon Head Applebees.
The final will be held in Victoria with date and location decided in the coming days.

Congratulations and thanks to both Gorge and Gordon Head for their committment to this competition between the VISL and Fraser Valley.
WTF is this all about posted on the VISL site?

TA?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nevermind, did some digging...

We were told they caused great damage to their hotel rooms that night, and since the FVSL covered Poco's traveling and hotel expenses that weekend, the resulting bill was sent to FVSL. I can understand why the FVSL executive wouldn't have been happy with the situation.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The bill was paid by me the same day and it's unfortunate the fvsl discipline committee decided to expel us from the cup and fined us an outrageous amount but were not to worried about a cup the that was thrown together bc the vmsl didn't want to join the bcpsl and a cup that won't be around next year. If Gordon head want to play us in a friendly we will gladly foot the bill for them to come over.

TA

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys are confused that a squad that behaved poorly was fined despite paying the repair fee's???? Not too sure what is confusing about that. You behave badly in real life, you repair the damages, and the courts can still make you pay a fine or go to jail etc etc etc.

All I know is what was written in the last 4 posts, so I don't know a lot, but this seems to make sense to me. HOWEVER, what I would suggest is to suspend them from next year's entire cup, not this year's final. I don't agree they should have been fined, but I do understand it.

Asterix Champion for sure.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The bill was paid by me the same day and it's unfortunate the fvsl discipline committee decided to expel us from the cup and fined us an outrageous amount but were not to worried about a cup the that was thrown together bc the vmsl didn't want to join the bcpsl and a cup that won't be around next year. If Gordon head want to play us in a friendly we will gladly foot the bill for them to come over.

TA
boot Fuk the board

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the Police never charged them and they paid thier Bill ....then whats the problem..How can you suspend a team that isnt in trouble.
Nothing to suspend them for...The reason the guys play for CJ is because they have fun..who is to say what fun is..fun is in the hands of who is haveing it. If no charges were laid and the Bill was paid...and these guys were haveing fun ???? I see no Problem...
Ive thrown a TV or 2 out of Hotel windows...Its fun and now they nail the TVs down...I say POCO plays in the final...or the New Cup just became a Joke...To bad too because it was a grate Idea and now the League who came up with the Idea just killed it themselves....
Next thing the league may do is Fine and suspend teams for being drunk on Ferrys on the way back from Allstar games.....................

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was $350 in damage. I gave them $500. The fvsl discipline committee is a bunch of dinosaurs. I'm not gonna comment on this anymore as our team is focusing on winning the remaining two cups in the fvsl and hopefully making a provincial cup run.

TA

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh man, that's hilarious. $350. I was thinking it was like in the thousands or something, and police pressed charges or something crazy.
Definitely the wrong decision to boot Poco out of the Final Pacific Cup.
First it's the inaugural season of it, and second what Poco did on the field warrants them to be in the Final.
What they did to a hotel room can be discussed behind closed doors and fined severely if need be.
I mean what's the message that the league wants to send here, "our team beat you on the field fair and square, but because they trashed their hotel room they are out of the cup"

The VISL should step in also and say no worries to the FVSL we want to play Poco FC. Then the FVSL can say "at the request of the VISL requests Poco FC in the Final", and everything is back on. I don’t know how GH or Gorge could put that trophy on their cabinet, if they don’t face Poco for it especially over $350. Definite asterisk final if Poco isn’t in it.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was $350 in damage. I gave them $500. The fvsl discipline committee is a bunch of dinosaurs. I'm not gonna comment on this anymore as our team is focusing on winning the remaining two cups in the fvsl and hopefully making a provincial cup run.

TA
that's a fukin crock of shot getting tossed from
The final, the quality this team brings to the league & all those hard earned wins
Makes u want to move outta the valley & back to greener pastures
Was fletch present
Lol

O'sid

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
our team is focusing on winning the remaining two cups in the fvsl and hopefully making a provincial cup run.

TA

TA, you have brought quality players to the league and this is how they thank you!:confused: Hopefully you don't get kicked out of the other 2 FVSL cups you are gunning for!! Hopefully the league doesn't start making your team take doping urine tests or you guys will definitely be out!!:;) I agree with the Pacific Cup having an asterik on it now that the FVSL took POCO out of the running. The funny thing is, the fine that TA paid was probably a quarter of what their bar tab was and that's being generous!!!:D

Giggsy

Sep 24, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting, but devils advocate here is Poco not representing the FVSL for this event? The league if I’m not wrong, pays the way for the travel? Or something close? So, isn’t it well with-in the rights of the league if they feel that Poco hasn’t properly represented themselves in the leagues name to no longer let Poco represent them?

You send an employee on a business trip, he goes, trashes his hotel, makes an ass out of himself in representing you, so do you pay his way and send him on another business trip? Do you fire him? Come on. I’m all for the FVSL and Poco winning this on the park, but can't you see the leagues side too? Why not question Poco in all this, why attack the league only?

I also heard some pretty crazy stories from the some of the poco lads about what went on above just hotel damage.

Just sayn

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Makes sense, but on TTP we don't really get the stories, so it seems harsh when all you hear is a little bit of hotel trashing that ended up costing $350. That doesn't seem like anything excessive enough for the punishment. But I guess if it was as crazy as you're alluding to, then maybe it does make sense.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0