Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Over fifty soccer

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is sad to see that some teams are using four to five under age guys during the games. It's makes it un fun play. Ferucho and his team need to seet down and form an over forty team.
He uses two sprinters to run the scores both guys are well under age of fifty. He needs to read fair play.
Most of all Mike Holdom needs to have a chat with his refs. Refs but is on the line if someone gets hurt and the player is under the age commiting a bad faul.
Few refs, ref as if they never went to refs classes. Rules are must to preseve the league and protect the players.
What is the opinion from you guys.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The BC Oldtimers Soccer League (BCOTS), over 70 teams in Over 40, Over 50, and Over 55 divisions, and maybe an Over 60 division next year. The under-age players is not a big issue as most guys are out there just for some exercise and pints afterwards, the scores are not recorded and there are no official standings kept. Injuries do happen (Our team has seen 2 deaths on the field) but not because of bad fouls, as there is no slide-tackling, but because guys are out of shape, do nothing all week, and then over-exert themselves. As usual, Mr. Base is over-analyzing things;)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not at all. Go and watch the games and you will see.
Cheets never stop.
Scores are not keapt on paper but they do recrute player by doing the deads they do.
In my opinion scores should be keapt and Refs should kick the under age guys out. After all read the league rules and you will see.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both were heart attacks, could have happened anywhere anytime, just happened to be on the field. Refs can, and have at times, kicked under-age guys out if the opposing team complains, but most of the time the other team just lets the guy know that he should not be playing and next time we play you don't play. This is not serious soccer, no need for cards or ID checks, just play and have some beer with the guys afterwards, and if some teams want to cheat so be it, what have they proven????

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oldtimer deaths happen in any sport. It is got npthing to do with age. Over fifty soccer is for fun. League has rules that most clubs do. There is few teams that love cheeting even in that age.
Some refs think just because it is over fifty who cares. God help you if something happens. What insurance do you have as a ref with out sertificate. None at all, your but is on the line. Even at fifty there is some hard heads playing the game.
I am trying in a positive way point out few things that refferee coordinator must do better.
Just make sure that you get enough guys with proper age. Refs will check if in the fall.
No cards are needed onley BC driving id.I can see one guy under age but four five guys it has to stop.Europa is onother team with younger ringers.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, almost happened again tonight, their player goes down (with nobody around him) at around the 70 minute mark and is not moving at all. First few guys to get to him are calling for someone to call 911 right away. There is panic all around as the guy is having trouble breathing and then it stops. Guys are on the cell phone talking to the dispatcher, he's stopped breathing, couple of guys are giving him CPR, and it seems forever waiting for the ambulance. The game was at Ioco and I know that there is a fire station only about 5-7 minutes away, but I swear it was at least 15-20 minutes before we heard the sirens. Once they were there they were great, with the CPR and the defibrillator they brought him back to life, and he was breathing on his own. Took him to Royal Columbian, now just waiting to hear from the other team how he's doing, but extremely proud of the guys that didn't panic and saved a guy's life ( has a wife and 2 grown kids). Sure makes you think about what is important and what is not in this life

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Players should stop playing after 35...
Really?? What sport should us old-timers play then? Tennis or maybe golf (with a golf cart of course!) Or bowling? Is that too strenuous?:)

Joking around, Oldtimer........I stopped at 35 so I figured that would be a good age to use. :) Good for all you guys who are still going over 50. I'll be happy to be able to pitch a tent at 50, let alone play football.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've figured that out too, Freddy. Just top three months of the year and you're good to go. It's crucial to pick the right three months.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0