Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Open Canada Cup Western Qualifier

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its shaping up to be a Columbus vs Inter Semifinal.
Columbus spanked AFC 6-0 today, even though AFC had some new players.
Danny and SAdmir left ACBC, or were booted off and ended up playing for AFC. Neither of them showed any shooting ability today. Bobsan wasted a bunch of money or flattery on them.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
We played the Green Devils off the park and lost 3-2 our opening game, our stikers couldnt score on a middle aged thai hooker...

2nd game gave up 4 goals in the first half - went from 4-nil down to come back and win 6-5 vs. Europa (Kosovo).

Beat Poco Pacific 6-0 our 3rd game.

We advanced as the Wild Card...play ACBC A @ Noon tomorrow, should be fun...I hope they brought thick shinpads ;)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Oranje that this tournament thus far has not had nearly the same atmosphere as some of the others he has mentioned (a bit boring). And the weather does not help. I notice that there is a significant gap, on level of play, between some of the better Metro sides and some of the others (although it appears that the better Metro sides are mostly on one side of the draw for some reason). A quite watered down Columbus side had no problem with last year's champs this evening. Saw parts of a few games today, and I think that Croatia looked the best from what I saw, although I did not see Inter play.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This tournament has been an absolute blast...There has been a great level of play on the other side of the draw (D,E,F) and some really competitive footy on the other (A,B,C)

Beer Garden, although not full to capacity by any stretch is a good time...

Fiji droppping out is nuts, way to man up boys...

Like kjohnsob said, we got ACBC A today at high-noon...didn't stick around last night to see who the other quarter will be...maybe they were already determined and I just missed it ;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
no no... One Gropu or w/C qualifier had to be set up by a peno kick tourney and AFC lost to Punjab. (AFC had the peno's up 3-1 and lost!)

ACBC beat Us(LUFC Nomads) 5-0 (hurt and missing guys were we, but let's not pretend, the better team won for sure, we never once threatened anything)
Columbus beat Inter 1-0...(I think)(tight game for sure)
Europa beat the Euro Selects (didn't see it)
ACBC Beat Europa 2-0 (1 own goal) (Europa played a different team than they played the rest of the weekend, Sandbaggers!)(well done ACBC, and no 6 for Europa!)
UCFV Lost to Punjab (didn't see it)
I think Punjab will cave to Columbus and We will see a Columbus play ACBC A in the final(I think that was the game kicking off as I was leaving :p )

Good luck to both ACBC A And Columbus(I think :) ) (Barring a major upset)in their final tomorrow. It'll take a lot of effort to break that Columbus D down, they look so solid back there. Great team...

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW!!

Hurricanes up 3-0 with maybe 30 to go.

Columbus end up tieing it up on the last play of the game. Their whole team in the box, with Luca at the half way line.

3-3

Columbus win in Shoot outs on the 7th shooters.

Entertaining game to watch. Hurricanes keeper came up with some great saves to lengthen the come back. got the crowd in to it. Not to mention the biggest goal mouth scrammble that lasted a good 30 seconds. Saves, blocks, posts. And Hurricanes kept it out. It looked like to be done then.

Columbus vs ACBC Monday at 8:00

Great tourney with some great games played.

p.s. Clanbus look spent. Battling two games today with a few subs. ACBC has a great chance.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im back guys so hit me where it hurts,,LOL.
What a great weekend,,so much good soccer,,the game today between the Hurricanes and the Clan was super wicked,,what a game,,
All and all way better than last year and better beer too...
Lots of close games and balls to the walls soccer,,I do hope we give a good show tomorrow at 8pm vs the Clan as they are a first rate team..I am praying for a miracle for sure...
I want to thank everyone who came out to support. You all made this weekend a huge success.
I also wanted to say shame on Fiji for just leaveing and not even saying goodbye.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im back guys so hit me where it hurts,,LOL.
What a great weekend,,so much good soccer,,the game today between the Hurricanes and the Clan was super wicked,,what a game,,
All and all way better than last year and better beer too...
Lots of close games and balls to the walls soccer,,I do hope we give a good show tomorrow at 8pm vs the Clan as they are a first rate team..I am praying for a miracle for sure...
I want to thank everyone who came out to support. You all made this weekend a huge success.
I also wanted to say shame on Fiji for just leaveing and not even saying goodbye.

Speaking of SHAME Ghouse.. Great class on behalf of your supporters for bringing in their own beer cooler to your beer garden. Although i can't blame them for trying to save the $4.50... I hope they used it on more make up and Lulu Lemon pants. Thanks for placing the the red cooler over the fence.... i only took two pints from it :eek: Speaking of embarrasing nice way to finish the game today Kosovo or what ever they are called... :rolleyes: Classy couple of straight reds .

Anyways it was entertaining. Especially the goch pull contest in the beer garden and the dog peeing on some birds leg.... a classic.

Still can't believe the green devils are not in the final... Okay, i am joking.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Antifan, I thought you fit in just fine with your new friends who were telling everyone who would even glance at them that they came back from 4-0 to beat some team with orange and black shirts and teal and yellow shorts.

Although I thought ColemanJ seemed quite interested.

Oh yes, to anwser your question, the final is a classic matchup: the reigning British Columbia men's amateur champions against the reigning Salt Spring Island tournament champions I believe.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey...That Orange and Black shirted team with Teal shorts was giving ACBC a good run there, until that #8 midfielder lost the plot and Kevin called the game. Nice Own goal too by their defender too, oops.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0