Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Open Canada Cup Western Qualifier

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was freaking hilarious, but D went waaaayyy over the line...

On another note...

kjohnsob, remember you pale guys need to bathe in SPF 60 before you hit the fields... How's the burn?

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey...That Orange and Black shirted team with Teal shorts was giving ACBC a good run there, until that #8 midfielder lost the plot and Kevin called the game. Nice Own goal too by their defender too, oops.

That wasn't just any defender that scored the own goal.... That was Rod Stewart!!

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just wanted to say to everyone that I am so proud of our guys as we played one of the best games ever,,we may have lost 1-0 to the Clan ,,but we almost stole the game a few times,,Everyone played awsome,,
The game could have gone either way,,What an honour it was to coach against such a fine club and hold our own to them..
A super job well done everyone.
Thanx to the large crowd which came to watch and were treated to a great game...
Cant wait till next year...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks again Rich for putting on the tournament again, can't tell you how much the Langley guys appreciate your efforts. We had a blast and will be abck for next year again if possible.
Again it troubles me that more folks didn't come out to at least have a few bevvy's in the beer garden, reading the posts here should tell you how much of a blast it was partying in there, as well as some of the soccer being played and just how great some of the goals and moments were...

Who won the honours as far as keeper of the tourney and MVP?
surely Misson won the most Sportsmanlike team award this year after getting kicked out of the hotle room Friday night at 4am and sleeping in the parking lot. And for playing the game they did against EA when they had nothing left to play for...

I don't know about Tourney MVP, but the AFC keeper would get my vote for KOT as his display against Van Utd alone should have been enough to Ice it, and he almost stole the wild card in the shootout, but Donald and Jose couldn't score on the Punjab keeper.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again it troubles me that more folks didn't come out to at least have a few bevvy's in the beer garden, reading the posts here should tell you how much of a blast it was partying in there, as well as some of the soccer being played and just how great some of the goals and moments were....

There was a beer garden?
Took in the game last night and the bright uniforms...amazing. Maybe they distracted me from noticing the beer garden.

Although I have seen Columbus play better (matches vs Inter), ACBC played with lots of speed and skill, and quite often looked to be the better team out there.

That being said, it was one helluva year for Columbus, picking up some impressive hardware along the way.

Rasa

Jun 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
GHouse,

For this tourney to get the respect, turnout, & competition that it can, you MUST make the group/team draws fair/random, and NOT favouring a particular team. I think all teams which participated this year should ensure this is the case before signing up for next year's tourney.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
GHouse,

For this tourney to get the respect, turnout, & competition that it can, you MUST make the group/team draws fair/random, and NOT favouring a particular team. I think all teams which participated this year should ensure this is the case before signing up for next year's tourney.

We covered this...

You'd have more Fiji's if Rich hadnt done what he did.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ask around,,the teams were happy to play better games than one sided lops and less hacking takes place when teams are more evenly matched,,,As better teams enter we wont have this argument anyways,,Everything worked out as I said it would ...

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ask around,,the teams were happy to play better games than one sided lops and less hacking takes place when teams are more evenly matched,,,As better teams enter we wont have this argument anyways,,Everything worked out as I said it would ...
How much did you "win" for coming in "second place"?

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a player for Columbus in this tournament, I would have to say while what happened to Fiji was not great and them leaving, you can't predict it would happen in every game, as we just had an unreal half, as we beat AFC 6-0 also, but then against what you would believe would be weaker competition we did not hammer them. I would try a fair draw, because on the other side of that equation if you want to increase the "credibilty" of the tournament, as you said after the game last night Rich, if you truly want more premier clubs then they don't want to bang out 6 games in 72 hours with each other.

Rich/Ghouse - if you want to improve what I consider a solid, not great, but solid tournament, I would get on the phones and push people for valid feedback, positive and constructive. Because I believe in what you are trying to do, here are my two cents:

1. Proper and fair draw for everyone - you will always get teams who get hammered in games, you will always get upsets, so don't defend with the more "fiji's" - because the draw this year will not bring back more premier teams.

2. 35 minute halves in round robin games and quarterfinal/90 minutes for semi and final

3. Rosters - make teams submit a roster of 18 or 20, we all know there were random pick ups as teams advanced there way through.

4. Refs - how about not shite ones.....reffing was terrible overall, and we won??

5. Loved the straight to PK's rule - was very helpful on the bodies.

6. Signage at the park for beer garden.

Last - for all Premier teams, I would look at this as a huge boost for the team going to Nationals to help fundraising and also a budget booster for the season. Not to say another Div team or put together team can't win it, I know for Columbus, this will help them for budgeting and fundraising for Nationals.

And i guess one more - for all teams, a great pre season for fitness and getting games in.

two cents.

fuzzy

Sep 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said Leftonly.

The prelim games should be 30 minute halves. This would help to avoid very late games. Teams would be less likey to find late fill-ins as well.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thankyou all for your comments and suggestions..
I will be makeing some changes for next years event to help make the tournament better for sure.
I know I will be seeing all the teams back or at least a variation of those teams as they all told me they had a great time and got in some good footy before the winter season..
Good luck to the Clan at the Finals of the Open Canada Cup..Make us proud guys as the West is the best...
See ya all around this Winter.
You cant miss us ,,were the team with the beautiful Jerseys..and mittins.

odog604

Feb 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that this tournament was an excellent way of showing the East that the West can play, and maybe soccer would grow as a whole in Canada. There were a lot of great teams that came out and played, and hopefully next year we can have more teams wanting a crack at the prize. Personally though as for having 45 minutes halves, I like it. That's what soccer is about. It also shows which teams are in shape, and which teams are ready, as this is a war of attrition.

PS: The game was an excellent game to watch, and most people who saw it would pay to watch a game like that. Good job on Columbus, obviously but his game proved that ACBC needs respect and should not be taken lightly.

Good luck Columbus, try to bring home the crown.

BTW, Kosovo or Europa whatever they call themselves, what they did not to play their last game was an embarassment and I hate all the teams that quit the tournament. If you get beaten badly, doesn't that show your players or coaches that maybe you don't have such a quality team or that you need to fix things? That's how I look at it. Very unclassy! Like Fiji!

odog604

Feb 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did they fail to show to play Punjab in the 3rd place game?

Apparently, after they played us and lost, they went to Ghouse and said we aren't coming tomorrow!

It's too bad to, because that would have been a good game to watch, and I showed up early to see that game prior to my own, and I was the only person at the field.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0