Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nucks vs Boston - 2011 Stanley Cup Final

Stanley Cup 2011 Final - who'll win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
agreed with fat monkey 100%

AV was actually quoted the night we lost game 4 that if he was given the chance to play a best of 3 with 2 home games for the cup he'd have taken it in a heart beat.

Now, Lu has looked shaken and hasn't had ANY help defensively and the DMen and Luongo can't be expected to score... I will be disappointed if we go out with a whimper by not scoring/solving TT, however to call this season a failure if they don't win is a bit much. Momentum is certainly with the B's.

IF the Canucks play hard and like they can I don't see the B's winning unless the Bruins get massive help from Refs or unless Tim Thomas literally steals 2 of the next 2/3.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Obviously I'm really hoping for a big win tonight (I bet Canucks -1.5, good odds for some reason) but I will be happy and remember this season as a success regardless of a Cup or not. Sure, I'd be disappointed for a couple of days but when you reflect, you can't say anything other than good things about this group. I REALLY want them to pull it out so I can say to my son he was born when the Canucks won their first cup, but mostly because it will make it easy to remember what year he was born :D LET'S GO YOU FCUKING NUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tanev in, Ballard out apparently for tonight... that is one short leash AV!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tanev in, Ballard out apparently for tonight... that is one short leash AV!

I don't get that. I mean yes, he played awful, but Tanev is (and I'm hoping I'm wrong) going to get killed tonight. He's 175 lbs soaking wet, but I'm hoping he'll move the puck fast enough he won't have to worry. I would have liked him to play with Ballard as they've been good together. Either way, with at least 2 games left, the top 4 should be playing crazy minutes and limit Alberts/Tanev. You'll have a whole summer to recover.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't like it. I would have preferred them to pull tugboat Alberts who really struggles to make that first pass, thus resulting in rimmed pucks that end up being picked off by B's Dmen, which needs to be picked up by a stationary winger, which often results in a tough time exiting the zone when Tugboat Alberts is on the ice...

Edler - Bieksa
Ehrhoff - Salo
Ballard - Tanev

3 left handed shots, 3 right handed shots, no need to worry about who plays what side, and a puck mover or two per pairing... Ballard and Tanev looked fine defensively against the three lines SJ pushed against the Nucks, so I don't see why it's a different trouble posed by Boston.

I guess that's why AV gets paid the big bucks and I sit here wasting my Friday afternoon at the office on TTP ;)

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I REALLY want them to pull it out so I can say to my son he was born when the Canucks won their first cup, but mostly because it will make it easy to remember what year he was born :D LET'S GO YOU FCUKING NUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget that I am piised off at my son that the Canucks may win the cup in his first year. Spoiled kid doesn't know what suffering is. Maybe I should make him have a conversation with Sid and Mrbase but I'm afraid he'd out smart them. smrt

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes and if he plays well regardless of the result you go with him in game 6 but if he plays terrible then you give Cory a shot.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somewhat agree I guess? .. he plays great at home usually so for that I agree...but he has not been on his game the past 2 and if he has a bad period or 2 tonight and puts the game out of reach again then it may be over? I guess we will see

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone please shoot a puck at Craig Simpsons head!!! He's now my third most hated announcer behind Healy and Walton.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best game of the finals. The Canucks played a complete game for 3 periods. Lou was brilliant, Tanev looked strong and all six D-men stepped there games up.

Luongo's reaction when coming out as the first star was interesting. Was that simply intensity because there's still one more? Or was he pissed at all of the morons calling in to the radio shows saying he sucks, even though he is now just one win away from a Gold and a Stanley.

One to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Monkey don't call girth a moron he is just challenged because he is from maple ditch.
It's the water coming off the mountains that makes us that way. I always give credit where credit is due and Luongo played great! Now back to Boston...yikes!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on Yoda, Greg Millen must be up there somewhere!

:)

Good point. #4 on my list for sure. And i'm guessing by end of pregame, Milbury will be #5. Oh screw it, i'll just pencil him in at #5 now.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know some people will think that I just jinxed the Canucks, but the question has to be asked....Who will Henrik pass the Cup to??? Brother Daniel is the obvious answer, but it could also be Lui, Bieksa, Kesler, and maybe even Malhotra. I say that Luongo gets it! Anyone else?

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know some people will think that I just jinxed the Canucks, but the question has to be asked....Who will Henrik pass the Cup to??? Brother Daniel is the obvious answer, but it could also be Lui, Bieksa, Kesler, and maybe even Malhotra. I say that Luongo gets it! Anyone else?
1st and obvious choice - Luongo
2nd choice: Daniel
3rd: Salo (it may be his last year)
4th: Kesler
5th: Malhotra

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0