Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Coaches Soccer League 2003/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
All Blacks Friday Night Specials

Ah yes, the turf, the lights, the crowds and Sunday mornings in the sack with the paper and a coffee. Couldn't be better.
Why don't all masters play on Friday nights?
As my league brother 5bigtoes mentioned, we'd love to see a few boundaries crossed. Although you'd have to cross two bridges to the never lands of Langley. We can't afford the houses out there. ;)

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masters with BullyB........

Two bridges.... are you sure? Will we need shots? Visas? Passports? Won't we fall off the edge of the earth? Interleague play.....I'm for it, we just have to work out some details. Your bosses just have to get in touch with me, cside or johnno and we can take it from there. Bring it on, boys!

lupoman:wa:

on a friday though, that's not cricket here in the center of the universe.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
week 7....oh shite......

Coming out of Thursday's 2-0 cup loss to Freybe, a game in which we played well but just couldn't finish, the Lupo boys were keen to keep the pace up against Blueridge at Macartney Park Sunday morning. After a bit of a slow start, we managed to go up 1-0 on a very nice Dave Jeffs goal low to the far side. We took that lead into the half, but then as is so typical with us of late, everything we talked about at the half, tighter marking, faster and more accurate passing, better movement off the ball, well that's exactly what we didn't do. In what has to be one of our fastest meltdowns, Blueridge scored two in the first minute of the second half. They potted a third with about 20 minutes to go, could have been off-side, but who can tell from near the centerline, surely not the ref! Frenchy pulls us within one on a cracking shot from about 25 yards out, but dispite tons of Lupo pressure and a Marklund meltdown against his own players, we could not pull even and lost a game which was ours for the taking. Time for some soul searching perhaps as we can't keep letting these games get away from us. Time will tell, I suppose.

Lupoman

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is up with the referees in this league? They are absolute crap. Having left a league where the skill level suffered badly, here I am where the refs have no skill. Hacks take advantage of the situation (every team has one or two) and the game becomes a disgrace. Take the Malones / Coveside match. I can't believe anyone from either team would've been happy with the tit for tat shite that ensued from a ref that lacked any control. So like a bunch of idiots both teams tried their utmost to keep up with the refs low standards. Couldn't do it but gave it our best shot.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Biggs
I'm sure Millars league would gladly take you back!!!

I am sure the majority of guy's in the league would say they are an overall improvement this year.

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Find it hard to believe you think the refereeing is an improvement but hey , how would I know, I wasn't around last year. Must have been pretty poor.

Can't believe you want me outta here already, besides not really interested in crap soccer (your words not mine).

fonzie

Aug 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ref's

I have to agree with CSide, the referees are MUCH better this year than the last few. It has been a welcome change. On the other hand, the ref that did the Coveside/Malones and the Nordic/Seymour was complete crap. He should not be reffing at this level.

I'll state the obvious: there are crap refs in every league and at every level.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NSCL refs......

For the most part, the reffing in the league is improved from what we had the last few years, we are seeing alot of new faces, and it's like a breaking in period, we can see who of this new lot are decent, and make recommendations to the ref scheduler about the ones who are not. I agree with Fonzies comment about the quality at any level, sometimes you get a shite ref....everyone and their dog plays on a Sunday morning. Sometimes better a shite ref than none at all.

lupoman

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any complaints received by the league are passed on to the ref scheduler to deal with!

Fonzie
Ironically all 4 managers complained about that ref, I don't think we will be seeing too much of him in the future!

csidethinksbiggsshouldtakehisminimulletandmovetofvslwherehewillfitin!:D

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pleasent bastard arn't you - I think I'll stick around here with me mullet for a while even if its just to annoy you.

I admit I was taken aback by the guy that reffed the C/M game and am pissed at being out for 6-8 weeks with a knee injury. My statement was way to broad and yes we have had mostly good refereeing.

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks and look forward to our next game vs Coveside - should be back playing by then. In the meantime I'll be a disgruntled spectator. I hate watching from the sidelines.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the rivers at Heywood......

Cold and wet....great if it's a beer, not so good for a footie match. The lads were in tough today against Pegs, we were just looking for a better performance this week. Pegs aren't exactly the club to hope to have a great showing against but thats what the lads did today, came out playing hard, moved the ball well and had the best chances of the half...were unlucky not to have a 2-0 lead at the half, but still, tied at zeros with Pegs at the half, well thats pretty near a victory for us. Didn't play quite as well in the second, still had a few chances but couldn't convert, while Pegs started to come on, put two away within 10 minutes, and one just at the whistle for a 3-0 win...the score was not refletive of the play. A good outing for the boys, a loss, but still a confidence builder. Hopefully we can build on this for the rest of the season.

lupoman

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rain keeps falling in my eyes.....

Lupoman,

With all due respect, your game report is not even close to being accurate. If Pipes was at the game, he could have provided his take on the match, but since I was playing, I guess that you will have to settle for second best.

moved the ball well and had the best chances of the half...were unlucky not to have a 2-0 lead at the half, but still, tied at zeros with Pegs at the half

Apparently the driving rain was hitting you in the eyes and affected your vision of the match. Neither team moved the ball very well in the 1st half and that was probably just both teams getting used to the surface. Your lads had one chance in the 1st and that was created by a mistake on our part. Our version of Jaap Stam (Rudy) made a nice clearance off the line to keep the score at 0-0. Other than that, I can't recall you guys getting a sniff. We had plenty of chances, but our usual sniper (Jua) still looked like he was at Mosquito Creek Bar ordering a large pint of Stella. As punishment, he was forced to play 90 minutes to work the booze out of his system, but still finished off the match with his ever so positive attitude .... "boys, let's get hammered".

The second half got a little messy with the rains and there was a few rivers that started to flow on the pitch, but once we popped the first one, there could have been at least 4 or 5 more. Penz had a breakaway and slotted wide, Fin hit the post on one chance + hit the cross bar on another and then hit my car behind the net on another chance. I think that the scoreline of 3-0 was flattering on the day for the Lupo lads.

Your group worked very hard and should get some points based on this alone.

We are up against Coveside this weekend and we will be hungry to avenge our loss in the summer final and also the tie in the first game of the season. They have struggled this year, but it seems they are always up for us ........... as are most teams. This will not be the only battle in the next few weeks for us as it seems that the Parks Board is not happy about us playing on an "OPEN" field a week back. Easier to blame a league and one team, when the Parks Board are too lazy to get up on a Sunday morning to close the parks. Interesting in that some parks employee opened McCartney that morning and felt the field was open ....... if they felt that team(s) would damage the field, then why did they not leave the changerooms closed and chain up the goal posts. I know our team stands behind our decision to play on that morning and felt the field was playable (as did the majority of the Malone players ..... except one league Exec.) and we will take every step to maintain our position.

Jags

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags,

what is the Parks Board threatening to do? Your version of things seems pretty straightforward. Isn't it ultimately up to the ref to decide if a match goes ahead or not... ?

I don't recall a league or team being banned from a location in North Van before... are they talking about pulling the grass fields from the league?

Toze

jua

Apr 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Parks board

Hey Toze,

This is an unbelievable situation. I showed up for our game against Malones thinking, this is perfect soccer weather. McCartney was slick and we had open change rooms. There were no signs, chains or anything to suggest the field was closed. It also was played on the day before. Ever since we have played soccer it has been up to the ref to call a game if he felt the field was not playable. Well the ref felt that the field was playable. When the game started, the weather and field were fine ( 1 small puddle ). At about the 80th minute, during a downpour, some fat fcuker showed up and proceeded to walk on the field ranting and raving. I don't know who he was or who called him but I think that he lodged the complaint. So because of an agreement our league has with the parks, pegs gets it up the hoop and get this, Malones gets nothing. They still played the game. I wonder what would have happened if they would have won the game? I know Johno did not want to play, but they still robbed the bank ( do you get what I am saying). On top of all this bs, our goalie gets 2 games for tripping up their player in the box. Any other league in the world and he woulda received 1 game.

Jua

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What Puddles!

Jua

Won't comment on the park situation, as this is an ongoing situation. Might be best if you guy's don't beak off on this issue( check with your manager).

As to the 2 games to the keeper. This was as per the NSCL constitution! This rule has been in place for the 6 years I have been around, and long before that. All red cards are an automatic 2 games, except for a professional foul "hand ball in the box", which receives 1 game.

We have 3 winter meetings a year, times the six years I have been around, equals 18 meetings! Haven't heard any complaints from Peg, on this. Although a few keepers have been subjected to the same treatment!!

I would worry about the park issue, but be careful what is said !

jua

Apr 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
cside 17

Our league has changed alot in six years. I think six yrs ago or whenever these rules were made up most red cards were for fighting, brawling etc.... It may be time to change these rules. As for the parks, well, have you looked @ McCartney lately? I think it's only a matter of time before all the NCSL games are on gravel as we are going to be squeezed off the grass and turf fields.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jua

Have your manager raise the rule change issue! Maybe it is time for a change.

Your right about the parks, youth want what we have, and come hell or high water they will get it. I would bet that within 2-3yrs our league, and other senior leagues will play weeknights only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0