Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Coaches Soccer League 2003/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cside17 ....... easy on the BEAKing off comment. Your choice of words is excessive and unwarranted. Jua and myself are expressing our own personal feelings on the park issue. I'm sure we would both like to provide a little more, but obviously are concerned about the situation and know that the issue is being handled by our Manager and the league. I know the matter is in the right hands at our club to properly deal with this issue, and trust the league will be supportive on our position.

I guess our new Friday night @ 8:30pm practice time this year just shows how supportive North Van Parks have been to us over the years. ;)

Jags

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is the NSCL's definition of a professional foul. A handball in the box? Last man back?

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tee et all!

Our definition for a professional foul is the same as FIFA's. How we "discipline" those that foul, is a league decision, based on our constitution..

All red cards are a 2 game suspension, except a hand ball in the box.(This infraction,is also the only one that does not carry a $50 fine)

The league managers dictate/vote, and create, our constitution,(those that attend). If your team does not attend, then you go with the majority!!

Our league is driven/voted on by the teams/managers, the Executive just enforces the rules!!!

How many teams out there receive honest/accurate info from the league meetings?

I would bet not many!!

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags..

Of course I saw a different game than you, remember, different teams ? Sorry, as far as we were concerned, we out played you in the first,not by much, we just can't finish. You guys cranked it up in the second , and you are right , it should have been more than 3-0, but like I said, for us, it was a good result. Fair?

lupoman

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lupoman ..... I thought you might have been on vacation or in some way my post offended you. At least I did not use the term "beaking off". I agree that you guys did work hard and we did crank it up in the 2nd. Fair result.:wa: :wa:

Jags.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags......

not really offended, but we're just a middle of the road B-side club, and have to look for the positives where we can, not my intention to take away from what you guy's were doing out there...... I'M JUST FRIGGIN' TIRED OF LOSING ALL THE FRIGGIN TIME!!!!!!! Sorry, I need to vent sometimes.....got schooled by Nordic today 8-0 and had to watch some wanker from their side kiss his teammates boot like it was some fcuking cup winning goal. Fcuk off. We don't get that showboat bullshite from you lot but you can understand that I am somewhat frusterated. The level of play in this league has risen so fast that we are unable to keep up, as is the case with a few other teams. Not whining, just the way it is.

lupoman

lupomanfinallylearningthebeertastesthesamewinorlose

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys had some chances and were unlucky not to pot a couple. The guy you are talking about is very well known and noone would be surprised of who it is. It was uncalled for, but the rest of the team is not like that at all, as you know.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tee ........ was Guy Gilligan kissing Didi's boots again? I always knew he was a bit of a boot licker.

Pegs 4 v. Coveside 2.

We played well and knocked the ball around with some confidence. 1-0 at the half and I thought it could have been more. Nice finute by our Czech International ..... Rude. Header at the far post. Came out in the second with some spark and scored on a PK. It was a hand ball and the ref had to call it, but no need for the Coveside defender to put his arm up to stop it. Jua with the nice PK. Goal of the game to Alan Easton. 20 yards out ......... bent the ball, post and in. We went up 4-0 and then Coveside put in two late goals. Nice goal by Cst. Eamon Ward from about 25 yards out. Coveside is not the same team we played in week #1. C-Side ........ what is up with the spirit and fire with your side? We are starting to play better and with some confidence. Good to see that Norvan took points off The Sausage boys today. Tightens things up at the top. A bye next week and then one more game before Xmas.

Lupoman ...... sorry to hear about the result. Keep plugging away and the points will come.

Jags

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tee.....

Yeah, I was just a little frustrated yesterday.....not to mention a little pissed! I've always enjoyed playing Nordic, always a clean game and in past years we've been able to raise our game and at least be competitive....just can't get out of first gear this season.Ah well, Jags is right , just have to keep plugging away, and try and have a better second half to the season.

lupoman

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah, looks like Peg, Freybe and Norvan are having their way with this league..... again. Well it won't be long before me and the boys will be waxing Peg and Jags will be left wondering....... I never knew Mickster had it in him!!!! Close down Danny and Norvan are done, close down Jua and Rudy and Peg will struggle and its a wonder why Freybe are still up there!! Glad to see Lupo still have that famous female manger.... always fun to put the boots to her..... Coveside and Malones good up and comers but there will definitely be some interesting changes in the next couple of years when "I" start to dominate this league:D

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mickster,

why is it a 'wonder' that Freybe are still up there? The team has been top three 4-5 years straight haven't they.

So where would the ageing Jim Beamers end up in the NS Over 30's league...? Would be some nice pick-ups for any club.

Toze

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Toze, in my drunken stupor last night it was all I could come up with. But coming top 3 for the last 4-5 years in a 3 team league isn't too impressive but all 3 teams are quality sides. Too bad the league had to combine A&B this year as there seems to be quite a difference between the two sides. Look forward to battling with some of the old timers soon.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
only one div......

it really shows who are the haves and the have nots....but with losing three teams this year giving us an uneven number of teams, and with the nightmare at that point for figuring out the relegation/promotion deal, it was just easier to do the one division this year and then split it up next year when we get another team to come in. In my opinion it isn't good for the weaker teams to have to face the likes of Pegs, Norvan etc. twice in a season, a few of us a struggling enough to keep our teams afloat without having to face that. Definite moral killer. And how enjoyable is it for the better teams to know it's going to be a blow out, except for those that want to pad their stats. I think we have to get it back to two divisions next...just my opinion.

lupoman

micksterbetternotbecomingdownmysideafterslaggingmrslupoman:D

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lupoman, I'll make sure I keep my head up.... and I'll watch who I slag in the future. May be better if I try and avoid drunken posts all together;)

2 divs would be better for those teams at either ends of the spectrum but you guys didn't have much choice with the situations that arose this past year with the residency rules, etc.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
posting pissed

yeah, I've done that more than once myself. Talked to Cside after we lost to Nordic, he had to remind me what I'ld said! The two division situation should be sorted for next year, then we can raise our game back to mediocre.:rolleyes:

lupoman

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Cside 17 , Lupoman, & Dickster,

I can only sit back and listen to all you jack asses for so long and have to finally jump in and give my two bits. I won't tippy toe around this park issue. The fact is that the referree was adament that the park was playable and the game should go on. Johnhole was relucant but agreed to play the game. As an executive of this league if he felt otherwise he should have firmly stood behind what he felt was right. Nobody put a gun to his head to play. One team being penalized is bull shite. As far as the unknown comic at the park causing a commotion he obviously is tied to the youth association and is on the lookout in their best interest to have "us men" kicked of the parks to make room for themselves. Over my 30 odd years of soccer I have played on many fields far worse than the few puddles in that game. The fact is in spite of the witch hunt that is going on it may have been in our best interest to have done a moisture test on the park to ensure that the amount of rain drops that hit the park did not exceed the expectations of the parks people.
Next issue is the nordic boot licking. If I have to witness that in one of our games I will happily take two games for kicking that moron as hard as I can. I could only suspect the Guy/D.D. tandem. Both would look good with the Adidas stripes across there backsides.
Dickster take a reality pill. Your Jim Beam lot are joe average muckers in metro and you will be joe average in over 35's. What have you guys ever won of any significance !!
Lupoman I think that your squad is a class act. Keep working hard and hopefully your success will come.
Lastly on the referree front it is refreshing to have these new guys that are non-biased and don't allow personal issue to enter the game come out and call a game that good or bad works out fairly for both teams. A long post but computer has been down for awhile and had some catching up to do !!

Pipes
Peg/oldboy forever

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get over it. There was obvious water on the field and was unplayable under the guidlines given to the league . No gun to his head - 4 players from your team threatened us with defaulting the game to you; like we'd give you that satisfaction. We wern't willing to lose a game by default especially one we knew we could take 3 points. So yeah you are to blame and yeah deserve most of the flack.

Call Johno what you want and I'm not here to defend him one bit(he can do that himself) but here he is now backing you guys as an official of this league. That day he was the manager of Malones and said his piece. So take a hike on this one.

C-side: It's official mullets are coming back in style and look forward to seeing yours this summer

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Mickster,

First of all I have to thank you for Humouring me. How the fcuk does a below .500 team in division 2 get all ****y about kicking our asses. It's o.k. to talk out of your ass but don't expect anyone to take a 6th place team all too serious. If a game is what is needed to put things into perspective I imagine we could set up the time and place. To save yourself and your team any further embarrasment you can always respond with a good reason why your crew is having a tough year and a few reasons why you may not be able to fit us into your schedule.

Pipes
Peg/oldboy forever

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pipes/Mickster

Guy's do you want to settle this next Thursday?

We have Griffin available 9:00pm, what do you say Mick/Pipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts