Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[NHL Playoffs 2009] Canucks vs Hawks

Who will win the series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't be so sensitive...what, is it your period?

Do I need to add a winkie? Please, don't make me do it. Tell me you don't fall into the growing majority of TTP population that has a cognitive disconnect in recognizing satire.

For JBN's benefit: MHMR of Tarrant County - Mental Retardation - Historical Terms for Mental Retardation Continued

Most accurately:
Retarded comes from the Latin retardare, "to make slow, delay, keep back, or hinder." The term was recorded in 1426 as a "fact or action of making slower in movement or time."

In the future, we shall label this unique form of TTP retardation as Kjonsobism.

I.e.: "It's not his fault; Bergamascho suffers from Kjonsobism.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dood:

Actually I don't think Bergie is one of the people to worry about. He just needs a bit more seasoning - kind of like how it took the Knut a while to figure it out. I see good potential there <add winkies here for benefit of the slower members>.

Like your idea of a new label, but Kjohnsobism just isn't quite snappy enough, although a good pisstake. It just doesn't roll off the tongue like it should. Think of something like Basic - short, descriptive, and specific to TTP <add obvious smiley here for benefit of the slower members>.

Carry on....

Trece

ps - what integrity?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Winkies have no place on TTP, wink smilies however, are FTW.
;) ;) ;) ;)

as far as how PC the term "retarded" is, and it's subsequent future replacements:
Today, the term "retarded" is slowly being replaced by new words like "special" or "challenged." The term "developmental delay" is rapidly gaining popularity among caretakers and parents of individuals with mental retardation. Using the word "delay" is preferred over "disability" by many people, because that term (delay) encapsulates the core deficit that creates mental retardation in the first place. Delay suggests that a person has been held back from their potential, rather than someone who has been disabled. Undoubtedly, these new terms will also gain derogatory meanings and will be replaced at some point.

I say kjohnsobism works good :p

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do I need to add a winkie? Please, don't make me do it. Tell me you don't fall into the growing majority of TTP population that has a cognitive disconnect in recognizing satire.

I strongly suggest that you use winkies whenever making reference to a Seinfeld episode. Better yet, I suggest winkies whenever you post in "The Shopping Bags" thread as well.

Unless, of course, you are in to angry birds sending you threatening PM's.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

For JBN's benefit: MHMR of Tarrant County - Mental Retardation - Historical Terms for Mental Retardation Continued

Most accurately:

In the future, we shall label this unique form of TTP retardation as Kjonsobism.

I.e.: "It's not his fault; Bergamascho suffers from Kjonsobism.

Ummmm right...:rolleyes: Thumbs up old man!!! :wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0