Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[NHL Playoffs 2009] Canucks vs Blues

How long will the series go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets see...In 82 they lost to the Islanders in the final....in 94 it was the Rangers. We are due for a long run. It might just be this year. In my pool, I've got the Canucks/Washington in the final. Nucks in 6 or 7...

:D Unlucky with your pool, m8.

San Jose/Pittsburgh(if they get by Philadelphia :rolleyes:)

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if i heard this correctly, but CBC was not going to show the game in HD when it's in St. Louis??? WTF is this bullshit.... :mad:

Thanksfully, Save on Foods has forked out $100,000 for some advertising and the game will be in HD now.... :eek:

Like they said on the radio, i'm sure a toronto-st.louis series would have been in HD for all games no save on foods required. What a joke CBC is. Plus we have 2 friday night games.... I'm almost jealous of Calgary-Chicago series being on TSN....

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not, we get Craig Simpson and Jim Hughson calling the games.... Pierre Macguire is the only guy I like at the TSN Stable, I never much liked Chris Cuthbert, although he is a lot better than most of what CBC has to offer.

The HD thing surprised me too, good on Save On Foods, bad on the CBC.

How a Public Broadcaster thinks it is okay to take tax moneys and overpay for a private enterprise's broadcast rights in competition with Private Companies and then performs "cost cutting measures" that the likes of SNP, TSN, or CTV would never dream of is a slap in the face to us hockey fans and tax payers.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if i heard this correctly, but CBC was not going to show the game in HD when it's in St. Louis??? WTF is this bullshit.... :mad:

Thanksfully, Save on Foods has forked out $100,000 for some advertising and the game will be in HD now.... :eek:

Like they said on the radio, i'm sure a toronto-st.louis series would have been in HD for all games no save on foods required. What a joke CBC is. Plus we have 2 friday night games.... I'm almost jealous of Calgary-Chicago series being on TSN....

They were smart by not having the Canucks saturday night this round....i give them props as UFC is on this saturday now I can watch that and see the canucks the following day.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not, we get Craig Simpson and Jim Hughson calling the games.... Pierre Macguire is the only guy I like at the TSN Stable, I never much liked Chris Cuthbert, although he is a lot better than most of what CBC has to offer.

The HD thing surprised me too, good on Save On Foods, bad on the CBC.

How a Public Broadcaster thinks it is okay to take tax moneys and overpay for a private enterprise's broadcast rights in competition with Private Companies and then performs "cost cutting measures" that the likes of SNP, TSN, or CTV would never dream of is a slap in the face to us hockey fans and tax payers.

Fukc I knew you would like Pierre Macguire. Yes one of the most knowledgable guys in hockey but I can't fukcing stand him. It's a double Dion, He's an absolute monster. It's like listening to a basketball announcer... slamma jamma.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I tell my wife everytime I see or hear Pierre Macguire that he annoys the hell outta me.

I seriously find him more annoying than Vic Rauter(sp)...and that's bad!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I simply like Macguire because he knows his shite and doesn't spout off the same cliche rhetoric bullshit every other talking head does on Sports TV these days.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know about that...I feel he states the obvious. He'll say something like..." I was watching Sundin before the game and he was practicing passing and you can tell it worked just look how well he's passing"

He drives me nuts!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess you are entitled to your opinion...

I am sick and tired of hearing commentators state the obvious over and over and over and over.

They are just as bad as the players who can answer any of the 5 following things to any reporter and get away with it.
- We just got to keep our chins up and play hard
- We just have to get the job done
- We are going to give 100%
- We are leaving it all out there
- We are playing for pride in here

Here's a nice escape from the mundane (I also posted in the the Youtube finds ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I swear I just watched this clip in a different thread.

Talk about being redundant.

:rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hence my preamble comment about just posting it on the youtube thread :rolleyes:

anyways...Damn Flightless Birds tied it up, and we are stuck waiting for whenever they switch it. I was really hoping to watch the Mark Donnelly Anthem :D

4-1 Nucks tonight...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man i love PJ Stock. Refreshing updates all the time.

Great Beard tally on the wall behind him.

Apparently i miss alot when i put the kids to bed. What happened to Sundin's eye?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the play that he scored on it looked like his face rammed into a shorter Blues' visor or helmet, he kind of shaked his face/head after the contact...

Nice deflection though.

I feel like the dam is about to burst. Nucks are dominating and just can't solve him.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW: I was sick of the Bud Light "cheesy graphics" ad until tonight, it is a refreshing change from seeing Parrot Faced Carole James and her pie hole spewing garbage. :rolleyes:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0