Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL Lockout 2004

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
I'd rather kick my feet up after a hard day of work, drink some brew (and yes, it would be Canadian) and watch some stick n' puck

Indeed and exactly my point. Perhaps you can think up some things to do that are more fulfilling than living life vicariously through people who have barely read a book in their entire life yet get paid millions to whack a rubber disc around an ice surface with a stick. Or maybe you can't and that's exactly my point too. Funny, since the lockout began I haven't heard one person say shite about missing hockey. Not one. Hey, maybe, just maybe, they are out living life, eh.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Indeed and exactly my point. Perhaps you can think up some things to do that are more fulfilling than living life vicariously through people who have barely read a book in their entire life yet get paid millions to whack a rubber disc around an ice surface with a stick. Or maybe you can't and that's exactly my point too. Funny, since the lockout began I haven't heard one person say shite about missing hockey. Not one. Hey, maybe, just maybe, they are out living life, eh.

Well stated Dap. Hopefully these one trick ponies will realize that they are NOT that significant.... That life will go on very nicely, thank you, without them. They are long overdue for a dose of reality.

Glad to see all their "renegade" leagues are dying a quick death as well. More reality for them. Hope no egos are getting too bruised in the process!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:

wow...this sure has your panties in a knot, eh?

I don't live my life "vicariously" through them...there are people like me who just ENJOY watching hockey! :rolleyes:

No sense in continuing...I wouldn't want that large vein in your neck to pop!!

striker14

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My panties are not knotted nor is there a large vein in my neck about to pop. I have not used an exclamation point or a swear word in my post. I have stated, simply and casually, that I don't feel any loss to my world nor do I believe hardly anyone else has to theirs because of the NHL lockout. I have implied that in fact probably just the opposite is true. If you think I'm ranting then you should try reading what I have written in its proper context (it could hardly be easier) instead of trying to read between the lines or put words in my mouth. Now, I'm off for a bike ride to the beach while you pine away in front of the television waiting for the NHL to resume.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the love of God, Dap, calm down. You're getting out of control. Have a good look at yourself before you hurt someone.

Poor bugger this whole no hockey thing has forced him into uncontrolled and unaffiliated exercise...

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
For the love of God, Dap, calm down. You're getting out of control. Have a good look at yourself before you hurt someone.

Poor bugger this whole no hockey thing has forced him into uncontrolled and unaffiliated exercise...

ha ha ha...wow KNVB...are we on the same page? :p

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
For the love of God, Dap, calm down. You're getting out of control. Have a good look at yourself before you hurt someone

It seems that in the future you may have to insert a rolleyes smiley for the benefit of certain people, Beaker. Unless of course you want to be affiliated with Striker 14.

knvb said:

Interesting statement. Just so you know, when I ride my bike I'm generally not being an uncontrolled spastic, flailing about, pissing myself and drooling everywhere. I save that for Saturday nights at a bar or party, dumbass. And as for being an unaffiliated bike rider, well, you've obviously never heard of the Tricycle Riders Club for Troubled Teens have you?

P.s. Hockey is a sport no one in the world gives two shits about except Canadians. Woo hoo, we're the best.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Unless of course you want to be affiliated with Striker 14.

What the fcuk is that supposed to mean? What a cnut :rolleyes:

This is the Hockey Thread where people who enjoy the game and want to discuss it come to...

Learn to "TAKE THE PISS" or fcuk off!!

striker14

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for tip, spud. It is quite possible I would never have known Striker14 thought she was on the same page as me (46) if it weren't for you. The ignore feature shows its first signs of a weakness... Seeing as how I almost got a nasty case of bad reputation-idus from striker, among other seriously nasty things I'm sure, I read her 12:58pm post to make sure I wasn't prematurely on page 47. I like to read ahead you see.

Apparently you've been going about this TTP thing all wrong. I'm quite disappointed in you Spud. You really should "learn to "TAKE THE PISS" or just fcuk off!!" Thank God we have striker14 to show us all the way..... wait for it.... :rolleyes:

Humourless cnut that she is.....keep waiting for it.........

On that note there is no further developments in the CBA or "lock out '04" negotiations to report at this time.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Apparently you've been going about this TTP thing all wrong. I'm quite disappointed in you Spud. You really should "learn to "TAKE THE PISS" or just fcuk off!!" Thank God we have striker14 to show us all the way..... wait for it.... :rolleyes:

Humourless cnut that she is.....keep waiting for it.........

KNVB...I love it when you talk dirty to me :p you fcuker!! :wa:

striker14

nobodycanstealmytitleasthemostannoyingttp'erandIwillmakesureofit...

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: New NHL Logo

hammerhead said:
I think the players are beginning to feel the pinch. Can they collect UI?

Wow you must know the hockey players personally.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
McMullen: Players will have to bend

TSN.ca Staff

10/27/2004

Former New Jersey Devils owner John McMullen says the current NHL lockout is jeopardizing the sport more than the work stoppage of 1994.

McMullen, who sold the Devils four years ago, says the owners are going to need some help from the players if hockey is to survive and thrive.

"This is worse. Much worse (than 1994)," the 86-year-old tells the Newark Star Ledger. "There aren't even any talks. No talks at all.

"I don't know what to say because I'm not involved. But the players have to make some concessions."

"The players just missed their first paycheck. They're going to start feeling it soon. Their wives are going to start (complaining)."

McMullen doesn't plan on getting involved in the current stalemate, saying the owners are "pretty well united".

"I don't know what experience I could bring, except to say this is something that has to be corrected. I don't think there are any winners and losers in this situation... Both sides lose."
What does he mean by the "wives starting to complain" comment? Is he implying that the super hot hockey wives are only in it for the the money and they don't love their multi millionaire husbands? That comment made me laugh. :D

Strangely enough, I don't miss hockey at all.........yet.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
I was under the impression that the players have made some consessions?

Nope. I think you're referring to the players' request of keeping all revenue from consession stands. :rolleyes:

Bring in the replacements!

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not missing hockey. Not caring yet!!!

Nice to see the OHSL league fold quickly.

What i want to know is how pissed off the pros in Europe are who have not got a job because the NHLers have moved over there. I mean i'd be pretty pissed off if i lost my job because someone came to replace me until his real job was going again.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did any of you read what Guy Lafleur had to say? Basically he says that the league should declare bankrupcy and start anew... questions why current NHLers would find a couple hundred grand to play overseas but balk at the idea for playing here for a couple million tops. He also states that he thinks there are too many teams in the current NHL...

~Regs.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
What i want to know is how pissed off the pros in Europe are who have not got a job because the NHLers have moved over there. I mean i'd be pretty pissed off if i lost my job because someone came to replace me until his real job was going again.

Solidarity forever! Even though it's a lockout not a strike, the players are acting like scabs in the truest sense of the word.

As for Lafleur, he's absolutely dead on. As I've mentioned before...offer them $100,000-$300,00 each. See if they can do better in the real world with their "qualifications."

Then again, Lafleur didn't say no to the Rangers when they paid him a million dollars per year, based on his 1970's results.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
He also states that he thinks there are too many teams in the current NHL...

~Regs.

I agree with that 100%!! Far too many teams...then we have people like Brad May, who couldn't but a freakin' goal, playing and getting paid thousands to ride the pine until the game gets ugly and he needs to SLAP ON THE FOIL !! Did you ever imagine the day you would see "TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING" on Lord Stanley :eek: It's a damn shame...

I'm going home to watch baseball and during commercials, check out some poker games, and before bed, watch Sportsnet to watch golf highlights :(

I, personally, miss hockey dearly, and to those who don't...considering how much you DON'T...you sure talk about how much you DON'T miss it A LOT!!

striker14

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I, personally, miss hockey dearly, and to those who don't...considering how much you DON'T...you sure talk about how much you DON'T miss it A LOT!!

That is spot on ........but to defend everybody ......your all right .Their are so many
things that require fixing in the NHL that it get's really exhausting to actually enjoy
the actual game itself

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0