Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New teams, possible changes, and probable improvements to the premier div next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple more things have to be finalized and then it looks like I will actually get a spot.
On that note, I am going to start a website for the new team and propose that the other 7 or 8 teams do the same. We are all on this site often enough to express some interest in computers, even on an extended basis.

At least one player on every team has digital camera. Next year should have mpeg conerted video frames of goals, fouls, and any other play that deserves mention or discussion, on either this site or a new website.

It would make for beter banter and would eliminate alot of "bullshit".

I don't know about you all but I could spend a few minutes sunday evening watching the goals from around the Fraser Valley.

The pak cup games reminded me of how good it is to play on sunday. Next year should have the games return to sundays.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd like to but compiling the Ranger highlight reel goals every fcuking weekend would be too cumbersome.
Maybe someone else from our squad will take on the challenge.

:wa:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lucy,

what fukcing colour is the sky in your world!!! what?!......you think teams are going to hang net-cams from every FVSL goal, and capture every foul and bad call by the refs?......you're talking out your ass.....AGAIN!! :eek:

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skippy,
You old wrinkly bastard, You just simply aren't with times are you. It's very simple for someone on the sidelines to video tape a game; capturing goals, saves, fouls, and headbutts. You may laugh now (because you are old) but trust me this will be standard in a couple of years. The software is even free for the video conversion and would only take seconds.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, be sure to let us know when you get that up and running then Lucy.......we're all eager to follow every step of your newly formed team in the coming years.....what with you recruiting from professional teams in Scotland and all.

Cutting edge baby.......cutting edge. :rolleyes:

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure it is in the Highlander budget to hire a videographer next year what with the team masseuse and dietician coming onboard.:D

friedbread

Jan 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Skip
Lucy,

......you think teams are going to hang net-cams from every FVSL goal, and capture every foul and bad call by the refs?......you're talking out your ass.....AGAIN!! :eek:

I think you mean a parking lot cam , or in lucy's case a bench cam......:)

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by LucVanLierde
Skippy,
You old wrinkly bastard, You just simply aren't with times are you. It's very simple for someone on the sidelines to video tape a game; capturing goals, saves, fouls, and headbutts. You may laugh now (because you are old) but trust me this will be standard in a couple of years. The software is even free for the video conversion and would only take seconds.

Here's an example of what Lucy is suggesting...

See Lucy shy away from the tackle...:p (#23 in your program)

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
example # 2

See Lucy's free kick go 10 yards wide.;) :eek: :D

This technology thing can work wonders:rolleyes:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
wrinkly

Aves......you're even older and more wrinkly than me!!! ........yet obviously very much in the technological loop. How is this possible??? Lucy told me if I was old, I wasn't smart. ;)

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves,
Not bad at all. You understand how it could work. You are inadvertently agreeing with me. Nice shots thought. I will have to go to my archives now and look for the dinosaur with no hair. You have a skilled oponent in this battle. I give you marks for originality...Now would u kindly display me jumping 3 feet over skippy and heading one 2 inches close to home.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
5 subs only

Why not go back to 5 sub . Forgive me if i am wrong but ever since we have gone to a open sub system the boys have been taken training lightly. Every game is stopped for 20 subs it kill the flow and people who have not worked hard on the training ground find a way out .
Every player who goes out should be fit enough to give a good 90 mins, i know it is easy for a ref to say this but i am sure every coach would like to see all his players in top shape and able to give his all for 90 mins.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
foooore!

Originally posted by LucVanLierde
...Now would u kindly display me jumping 3 feet over skippy and heading one 2 inches close to home.

You're 3 feet taller than me while I'm on a step ladder! A defensive mismatch for sure! I'll agree, we got our assignments mixed up on that opportunity.....but once again, you bailed us out with your poor finish. :D

By the way.....how's the golf game coming these days?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don’t think going back to 5 subs would change anything. Most coaches will make less than 5 subs a game anyhow. As for training, is success was measure in the miles ran, Peg would have won the division this year. Seriously.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlimited Subs

I hardly see how 5 subs delays the game or detracts in any way. In fact, one of the reasons teams aren't larger is that we have the 5 sub system in the VMSL and people don't want to sit on the bench.

We have had some great well-played games in summer where there are unlimited subs and this hasn't slowed or detracted from the game.

Refs can add time if subbing delays the game so there is no real advantage. Secondly, there are times when players are finishing games hurt as you can't sub for them. This is not a pro league.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Penisblower

Only five subs... Try coaching sometime. With 17 lads signed, who all train hard, plus a cat team, with a handful of guys who need to get experience in the first team. It causes problems in the room, and it's hard to have a pint and a laff with your team when you haven't played a few guys for even a minute for two or three weeks on the trot.
I think we should have a stretcher on the sidelines, and anytime a player goes down with a knock, he must be strethered off, that would make people think twice before staying down, thus keeping the game moving along nicely:rolleyes: I would also like to see ball boys stagered every ten yards around the field, that way if the ball leaves the field of play, another ball can be at hand to keep the game moving along nicely. Think before you blow:D

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Penisblower

Originally posted by cainy
I would also like to see ball boys stagered every ten yards around the field, that way if the ball leaves the field of play, another ball can be at hand to keep the game moving along nicely.

I agree with you on this... thank you for volunteering. Please have your full team out for the Pak Final. Much appreciated.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0