Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New teams, possible changes, and probable improvements to the premier div next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have just sent out an application to get a team in the premier div next year. 2000$ is the price tag for a new team to leap frog the four sub divisions and join the top level right away. Maple ridge has many "younger players" scattered around the vmsl (including the golden boot winner the previous 2 years....Blakeways on board) amonst others. Geu has a team in the premier div already (and they are a great team) but the coach doesn't look past the core group, which is fair enough..i guess. i have 12 commited players already.........could make for a even more competitive season next year....and a new rivalry.........It will be good to see nesbitt and Hearsnsey on the same team.......
any other new teams joining or leaving the premier?:eek: :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
$2000 for a league that is struggling to field at least 10 teams? Good negotiating :rolleyes:

~Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn’t know that this could be done…seems cheap, actually, to simply pay $2,000.00 and get a premier team. I thought new teams had to enter at div. 4, and move up?

It also undermines all the teams that have been told in the past that they need to start at the bottom and work up.

Is this the league’s new “policy” to try and attract div. 1 teams over from the VMSL?

Also, you're not referring to the Criminal, are you?

This is interesting…should be a hot topic.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luc is more than likely talking out of his ass again.

What banner will this new team be under Luc? GEU already has a team in Premier so that rules that club out. There is no Alouette anymore, so that rules that out. Merging with Razor and his indies perhaps? Ouch, too bad for you.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rob,
So u r saying that a club can only put in one team in the premier division, I know that div 1 had 2 poco teams. 2000$ was the price a few years back when Sapperton joined. The league apparently will look at the players credentials when deciding if the new team should be permitted to jump past div 4-1. But maybe it will be cheaper if anything, considering the premier div is only screaming out for more competitive teams. It would be the best thing for the fvsl.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A club can only have one team in Premier. As many teams as they want in any other Div. except Premier.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
.......and the Rob.......i'm not talking out of my ass......i'm serious...the application has been sent..........I just found out that we could challenge the existing premier team a best of 3...winner stays.......How funny is that......it's true...well that's what I'm collectively hearing.................joining alouette.....jesus.....wake up

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maple ridge has many "younger players" scattered around the vmsl (including the golden boot winner the previous 2 years....Blakeways on board) amonst others.

chiasson and smallsy, two former ridge boys will consider leaving westside to join this new squad. but only if the team name is Rino's River Road Running Rizzo :rolleyes:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smallsy,

You probably still suit up in your old River Road Roadrunners green and white don't you?

Luc,

Where were you on Friday night anyway? A best of three huh? Could be interesting considering the result Friday. Of course, you could be talking out of your bum bum again. Are you sure this is you, and not Razor posting?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luc,

Spell out for us how much here is factual, and how much is rumored / speculated:

1. Have you been advised by the FVSL this year that you could apply for direct entry to Premier, under a new club entity.
2. Has the FVSL advised you that, should you’re application be accepted, the fee is $2,000.00
3. Does this successful application come with any conditions, specifically: the Premier team MUST field a CAT team.

The last team I remember getting successful direct entry to Premier was Metro-Ford Tayside. Even then, they had earned promotion to the VMSL Premiership, but weren’t allowed to go up there due to the constitution stating that only one team per club was allowed in the premier division.

This isn’t a piss take, just an effort to get a clear picture before we either start applauding the FVSL, or bashing them.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again this is just in the developing stage, and I'm not sure of what details are concerned. I'm sure once Cainy gets a read he will enlighten....he seems to have all the answers about the politics of the game. Even if he is a cnut

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,
In all honesty..I have yet to hear back from the decision makers. I have few facts......I know that Sapperton bought their spot for 2000 a few years back.......I'm sure we will get splattered with answers in the next few posts.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You probably still suit up in your old River Road Roadrunners green and white don't you?

never did suit up in the green and white as a youth. played for poco against chiasson who was the River Road Royals until he saw the light and joined us. I did however suit up for Alouette for a while. I put that jersey on whenever i'm feeling homesick. :rolleyes:

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
or maybe it was the River Road Running Rabbits. fcuk if i know.
to stay on topic. buying a FVSL premier spot does not sound too far fetched from what i've seen in the past from both the FVSL and VMSL. Luc at the helm of such a venture however...

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spot for sale

To the highest bidder.

Opening bid starts at $500.

All applications to Rangerforever - Chairman, Rangers FC

You want it, you got it.

Anyone? Anyone?
Bueller? Bueller?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There you go Luc...make it easy on yourself, and buy the Rangers spot. Already in, as far as earned promotion goes.

Sapperton in the VMSL, in something like 95 or 96, did buy a spot...I think. Ask Sid...he'll know.

Wait...on second thought...:D

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by LucVanLierde
I have just sent out an application to get a team in the premier div next year. 2000$ is the price tag for a new team to leap frog the four sub divisions and join the top level right away. Maple ridge has many "younger players" scattered around the vmsl (including the golden boot winner the previous 2 years....Blakeways on board) amonst others. Geu has a team in the premier div already (and they are a great team) but the coach doesn't look past the core group, which is fair enough..i guess. i have 12 commited players already.........could make for a even more competitive season next year....and a new rivalry.........It will be good to see nesbitt and Hearsnsey on the same team.......
any other new teams joining or leaving the premier?:eek: :D

I am pretty sure you can't jump straight into premier. Back in 95' we had a great team in Abbotsford but were not allowed to jump to premier, even though we won the league and Pak cup. But who knows, the Premier league is short teams and need more youth coming in.

As for the "coach" in question, not around next year. Good idea Luc, I know most of the guys you are talking about and it is about fukcing time! MR has a lot of good players that play elsewhere because the club is shocking.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?

The last team I remember getting successful direct entry to Premier was Metro-Ford Tayside. Even then, they had earned promotion to the VMSL Premiership, but weren’t allowed to go up there due to the constitution stating that only one team per club was allowed in the premier division.

MF Tayside never got a direct entry into the premier division.

There was an existing Metro Ford Team already in the FVSL premier division. Basically it was just an internal swapping of two Metro Ford teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0