Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New teams, possible changes, and probable improvements to the premier div next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ssweeper

Jul 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scuse me!

Methinks I did take a shot at your snide comments.
As to the other crap I don't recall giving you the gears regarding SU methods.
As usual you have decended into your usual reparte. Must have took a while to come up with that retort.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just curious what you guys would say if the gorge wanted to play in your little fantasy league what would you say? oops sorry guys touchy subject.
Well said, muppet :rolleyes: This whole merge topic in here was put forth by FVSLers. I cannot believe how many fcuking little babies there are posting here with their turtling act. Is DWMC? the only one capable of debating the merits of a merge w/o pulling the "snob/bullying" line?

The stuff posted in here are purely piss-takes. Ssweeper, you have issues that are above and beyond this discussion.

Personally, I thought you guys having only 8 teams in your premier was an excellent move, in fact, I posted as much last summer (look it up). Throughout this year, it appears every weekend there were battles with many "upsets" taking place. In theory, that should make your reps at the BCs better prepared to make some noise. Time will tell, very shortly in fact.

Dude,

So now we are moving on to improving soccer in the whole lower mainland. Fair enough, I'm all for it. But can it be justified to automatically include 2-3 current FVSL teams in this "top flight" based on the only real criteria we have to go by, namely, past provincial performances? In one of my posts yesterday, I listed the 14 teams that will make up the VMSL premier next year and asked someone to name the 7 teams that would be dropped in a merged 10 team league. I'll bet at least half of those teams have performed better in years past than any of the valley teams in terms of results in provincial play.

The idea of having 'geographical' divisions is interesting. But how is it any different than the current system? Basically, it is pulling 3 current VMSL squads and sticking them into your current Premier league. Will that make the standard of play any better? Perhaps. But wouldn't you possibly run into the same "problem" as you have now, namely, valley-based players jumping to the "other" side?

I've gotta run here, but I'll add more later.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On your points:

1. West Van, ACM, Sportstown, Indo, Clan Alumni, Metro Ford Relegated to Div. 1 of the “LMSL”. That puts Westside, Peg, Sporting, Inter, Burnaby, Surrey U, Khalsa, Sapperton, PAU, & GEU in the Premier division. Now, I can see there being problems with dropping these teams, which is why I would propose a play-down with all the teams wishing to stay up in Premier, with the top two winners getting the spots. Hell, you could have a play-down with all the remaining FVSL and Premier teams to vie for those spots…but that may be too involved. Quite frankly, I don’t see there being 3 FVSL teams worthy of being in a newly created Premier league, and two is debatable, based on the Provincials performance. That said, you would likely need to put two in there as part of the negotiating process between the two leagues. I still say you need a Cat league (to legitimize the whole idea of player development)…but only one for Christ’s sake! You don’t need a Div. 2 Cat for crying out loud…only one Reserve league for the Premier league, and make it mandatory that every team has one.

2. Geographic divisions would only apply for divisions 1 on down. The difference is, every team is now fighting for the same goal, in one league. Over time, you’ll see players migrate back to clubs closer to their homes, and you’ll see kids moving up to the parent club, instead of moving across the city to play. You will see far greater parity…it is enevitable.

The side benefit of all this that everyone ignores is that the Premier division itself will be that much stronger. Think about it: more players, fewer spots. For that matter, the 1st and second divisions would be very competitive…even 3rd.

If we really want to showcase the best players of the mainland, and really want to develop players to move on to a true professional, this is the best model. Problem is, egos need to be pushed asside to make this happen...and I can't see that being a reality.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: KNVBs a cnut

Originally posted by Ssweeper
Hey"Not good hluecka"-I'm much better Hleucking-
I hope you invest in a good parachute because when Marty pushes you off the plane it will be a long way down and I personally hope that no valley team will stoop to pick you up.

As an impartial observer, seems you got personal first my friend.
Anyhoo, no valley team can stoop to pick him up except for one.
We hold his 2009 rights. :D
Now whether someone will pay for these rights is another question.
My opinion is we made a bad draft that day. ;)

This "My cokc's bigger than your cokc" shite actually is a bit of a turn on for me.

I do rate the talent in the Valley on any given Sunday.
But the odds are a VMSL team will come on top.
I think the facilities generally are better out here.
Regs: I think you would agree?:confused:
The name of the league is Vancouver Metro which encompasses us here really being Greater Vancouver anyway.
If they did "merge" I think it would be called the VMSL anyway.
Maybe a hostile takeover not a merger. ;)
Getting clubs like PoCo, GEU, etc. would make it a more geographical super league which like the PCL is kind of cool actually.
However, IMHO until the Valley produces better results in the BCs, it just ain't going to happen anytime soon.
I do agree with Regs in that the FVSL clubs would gain not neccessarily the VMSL clubs.
It's more of an arguement like what's going on with Rangers and Celtic going to the EPL.
Great for the Old Firm but not really a hard on for the English clubs and their fans.
It would be great to see more Valley teams in that league though.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger,

I agree with one part in particular with that last post: KNVB’s a vagina (Ballbaby convinced me not to use that “C” word anymore).

Curious, I don’t think you’ve offered your opinion on what changes need to be made in the FVSL to improve it. What do you think needs to happen this summer to bring some respectability back to the league? If you could give us the non-politically correct answer, that would be cracking.;)

Cherio.

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
not sure yet

ive never played a vmsl team before so i have no comment on it right now....but we have an exhibition against burnaby canadians today....after that ill make some comments....unless we lose;)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK I'll bite

Dude:
You're a gentleman, a scholar, and there's very few left of us. ;)

My opinion's much the same as what's been said here.
I, for one, am very against us not having a Premier team next year.
NTG knows how I feel and it's not a secret that I like this league and what it has to offer at all divisions.
I felt it a shame when SU left, I feel the same if my club doesn't participate at the premier level.

1. We've been trying to get a product out there for a while. In all due respect, if those cracking 5 or 6 players didn't go to Peg, we would have had a very strong team in that division. With our youth system, we should be there - period. Maybe the Storm comes back under our banner? Who knows.
2. Surrey United is the same. They should have a presence.
3. I'm not sure about the CAT system. Maybe if they went back to just a Divison 1 system with only call-ups to the show but with some leniency for players to also go down. Maybe a max of three can go down on any given day. PoCo is really the only club that does the system justice. If Div. 1 clubs bitch that don't have a premier team, too bad, get one through promotion or purchase.
4. It was great to get Langley back in the show. My suggetion would be to get another "further out" valley team back in. Aldergrove, Abbotsford, Mission. Another Maple Ridge club or another tri-cities club would also be great. Would they have the talent? I don't know.

These are somewhat long term geographical solutions which could take a couple of years to implement. But the success of GEU being a relativelty new club at the top level and getting Langley back in the fold has been encouraging.

Short term: Promote any Division 1 sides that want to go up.
Aldergrove, Storm, Lions, whoever. That, and get us and SU into the fold and you have an instant improvement to the league.

Politically speaking on how the league is run is something I'd rather not comment on for obvious reasons.

Cheers,

RF

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Politically correct, but not bad.

(Now, if we could just get a balding, slightly older player who has business accounting experience, who is slightly on the bigger side but still a prince of a man, who helps run a team named the Rangers, who has a cracking shot from a dead ball at about 45 yards out, who clearly likes furry farm animals and Pachos, who is part owner of a Irish restaurant, who's initials are FR, and who goes by the nickname Rangerforever on TTP to run for VP of the FVSL, we'll be OK...)

;)

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Debate this

Regs, debate is good. I am taking the liberty of asuming your argument "what does the VMSL have to gain, by imalgimating with the FVSL" is your platform. After all that is what you said earlier.
I think what we are talking about, is finding the best way to improve the standard of football in Canada. Province by province, team by team, officials, executives, coaches, facilities, player development, etc. Under one umbrella, with a top flight, strict relegation/ promotion guidelines, this can be achieved. It will never happen, because there are to many people like yourself, who want to protect what they feel is theirs, with no regard for the future of Canadian soccer. Why build a fence to keep others out, when you could build a bridge to let others in? Something to ponder when you retire again:eek:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Psssst. The discussion is over here

I think what we are talking about, is finding the best way to improve the standard of football in Canada.
I was pretty sure we were talking about improving your league. The last thing you posted was about how some guy had a hang nail on your team but you almost overcame it to win something :rolleyes: :D

because there are to many people like yourself, who want to protect what they feel is theirs
Why don't you actually address my concerns with the idea of a merge instead of spewing that garbage? Fcuking turtle :mad: Why the fcuk do you think I'm trying to put together that Champions League for next fall?

:rolleyes:

~Regs.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Regs
When was the last time a FVSL Premier team beat anyone other than another FVSL Premier team in cup play?

Listen Regs, this is exactly the reason why it is of no real use for any of us FVSLers to post ideas on this topic. The bottom line is: You, nor any of your VMSLers respect us......which is fair enough when you refer only to recent FVSL-VMSL match-ups. Until we gain a little more respect by getting some results in Provincial Cup play, everything we say will be reacted to with similar rebuttles by you, and your crew of KNVBmuppets.

I actually had a reply in mind in response to your question about how the potential merger would improve the league, but never bothered to voice it because of the above. It was similar to others posted in this thread, and based on a 16 team league, with two sides of 8, divided by geographical layout. I would have included 2, maybe 3 current FVSL teams to this new league. The interesting thing with this idea for me, would be the new Provincial berthing that might come of it. If this new "Superleague" were ever to be formed, and it resulted in the end of the FVSL, I would assume that the new league would gain the old FVSL berths, meaning that 12 of the 16 teams in the league would gain entry to the big tourney. Imagine that Regs.....you would most likely see 12 "current" VMSL teams in the provincials for at least the first couple years, while the new teams battled to stay alive and gain their footing in the Superleague! ;) Would this improve the quality of competition at the main tournament of the year? Does it ensure that the very best teams are competing for the Provincial title? Does it help to improve the showing of Greater Vancouver teams on a Provincial, and National level? I'll let you respond to that.

Skipaintnoturtle

P.S. This comment is offside, and shows a very rare lack of better judgement by yourself.

Originally posted by Regs
You can't even get a team to win your own league cup - 2 years running!

Anyone who knows what goes on in this league, will tell you that the Rangers are a bonified Premier team. One which has refused promotion, and unfortunately chosen to compete at the Div. 1 level (pussies ;) ). To say that they have won their league in recent years is definetly an understatement. It has been signed, sealed and delivered by Christmas! Obviously, they are not your average Div. 1 team. For this reason, it is no slight on the FVSL that they have been worthy winners of the Pakenham Cup for two years running......despite how it may piss the rest of us off! ;)

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reality check

Still love having my very own avatar.:wa:

Realistically, the only way we are going to quiet down anyone in Vancouver, is to beat someone. We can talk about different scenarios that we be good for us out here in the Valley, but nothing we have suggested is of any use to the VMSL boys.

When Regs posted his list of 14 teams and asked which 7 our league could beat out I was giddy with excitement. Then I read through the list. Hmm. There are only a couple of teams there that I thought we could probably beat consistently. Why would the VMSL executive, if it is indeed true that they wan't to pare down to 10 teams, take on teams that will clearly be fighting relegation in the first year? It doesn't make sense.

So, my answer is to ensure the Valley boys play their part in provincials. I think our best chances come from the following teams:

Peace Arch - Last year were struggling with bodies at this time of year, but this year appear to be clicking on all cylinders. I hope a VMSL or VISL team underrates them, because they will lose.
GEU - A big, fast team with a great goalkeeper. What they lack in skill, they make up for in heart and desire. With any luck, they will be drawn for any away game at one of the infamous VMSL "mucker's special" parks. I think their chances increase greatly there.
Poco - Despite having 2 horrible results in our last 2 games, I still think we have enough to compete (last year, lost in PK's to Africatina). We have more overall skill this year and should have our full line-up back in place so we can avoid being last year's Allouette:rolleyes:
SFC Rangers - Sure, they only play Div. 1 all year. Sure they're rested and healthy come Cup time. But these guys are still the class of the Valley. They fought eventual semi-finalists Sapperton to a stand still for seventy minutes before fitness (or lack of) set in. And it still took a missed PK late to seal it. They belong.

No disrespect to GN or Delta. You guys have some weapons and talent at certain positions, but I think all four of these teams, given the right cicumstances, could see themselves in the second round of the BC's.

That is the only way this League will ever get any respect.

Anyhoo, I'm finished with my soapbox. Anyone want it?

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well that's 5 pages of the same hagis, regurgitated from different points of view. Vsml and the Fvsl joining forces, come on wake up. The bottom line is THAT FRASER VALLEY TEAMS HAVE TO SHOW VANCOUVER TEAMS THAT WE CAN COMPETE WITH THEM. THE B.C RECORDS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. That whole amalgamation sugestion is almost comical. Small steps folks. We need to work out our shite first...........This topic should be closed.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by LucVanLierde
Well that's 5 pages of the same hagis, regurgitated from different points of view. Vsml and the Fvsl joining forces, come on wake up. The bottom line is THAT FRASER VALLEY TEAMS HAVE TO SHOW VANCOUVER TEAMS THAT WE CAN COMPETE WITH THEM. THE B.C RECORDS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. That whole amalgamation sugestion is almost comical. Small steps folks. We need to work out our shite first...........This topic should be closed.

Amen, brother.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wonder this

Is your league really as poor as Provincial results would indicate?

:D :D

If I was so miserable, I'd be all over these threads today, what with some recent events that transpired yesterday. But I'm not, so I won't.

:D

~Regswith3smiliestoprovehe'saniceguy.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Probably already posted

Is there a chance that if the two leagues amalgamated (sp?) that some of the players in the VMSL who travel from FVSL areas would switch to FVSL teams because they are now in the highly rated VMSL premier?

My thought process here is that although, as VMSL'ers have re-iterated numerous times, the FVSL teams would get easily beaten by most VMSL teams on a regular basis, after the first few years players might move to a team that is closer to home to improve these FVSL teams which over time would make them more competitive?

I don't know the numbers but from what I have heard there are numerous players that are closer to an FVSL club but choose to travel a greater distance to play in the VMSL premeir instead.

Thoughts?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You've just regurgitated what I've been saying.:rolleyes:

From what I've seen, the biggest gap in the level of play is at the premier level anyhow. With the exception of a select few VMSL 1st div teams that could very well compete in the FVSL premier, the level of play seems about the same accross the divisions.

I think it would take a few years to see geographic parity, but it would be enevitable.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry

Sorry Dude-Where's-My-Touch but nobody every listens to you or reads any of your posts so I thought I would post it again.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0