Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New teams, possible changes, and probable improvements to the premier div next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL & VMSL

Until a few valley teams (not 1) produce some magic in the b.c's, no sort of amalgamation will take place. Those sort of ideas won't get too far past these web pages. I think we could extend the valley with existing clubs. I thought Alouette brought a good spirit to the mix last year. Where is the Aldergrove spot from last season? Walley storm sound like they have potential. Mission, Abbotsford, Langley, Port Moody, what's happening in these towns.
Lets face it vancouver has their own shite going on. More importantly they have no complaints with it either, we are the ones with the problem. Why would they abandone a great system to accomidate our issue, one that I see carrying with it a high failure rate.
To the question: How do we improve the FVSL premier div?
Simple, Get all the Fraser valley residing players who are in the Vsml to come home.

Frank_McAvennie

Jan 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL & VMSL

LucVanLierde,
“Simple, Get all the Fraser valley residing players who are in the VMSL to come home.” This is the only way to improve the quality of Fraser Valley football…
But who are the MR players, playing in the VMSL?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not that simple.

How do you convince players to come back, if they're comming back to an inferior league?

Actually, which came first- the chicken or the egg?

Merge the leagues. Simple. ;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is no chance the league will merge, in fact, I heard the VMSL is meeting this June to discuss contraction back down to 10-12 teams. BTW, Guinness, when I say contraction I don't mean when you're finishing pushing out a terd and your ass cheeks slap back together. :rolleyes:

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ten teams

I too think it would be great to merge the two leagues. I have played in both VMSL premier and FVSL premier. I saw Sap play a cup game a couple weeks ago wich they won, but I was shocked at the standard of play by a VMSL team that almost won it all last year.
Back to the Valley, I think we should be a ten team league again. When I took the coaching job at PAU, three years ago, we were given a premier spot,PAU were a div 1 team then, no they didn't earn promotion.Look at us now. Whalley . Aldergrove, Alluette, Surrey United, SFC.....etc. Tonight I'm off to watch PAU u18s play at Newton, cause I have an eye on a few of them, and want to make sure they are aware of what we have to offer them next year when they are no longer in the youth system. This kind of work is one way to ensure the valley stays alive and well for the future. Anyone done somthing like that recently?:confused:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quick question:

When was the last time a FVSL Premier team beat anyone other than another FVSL Premier team in cup play?

That is why the VMSL would never "merge" at the premier level with the FVSL. Why would they? You can't even get a team to win your own league cup - 2 years running!

~Regs.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SPOT ON

Originally posted by cainy
Tonight I'm off to watch PAU u18s play at Newton, cause I have an eye on a few of them, and want to make sure they are aware of what we have to offer them next year when they are no longer in the youth system. This kind of work is one way to ensure the valley stays alive and well for the future. Anyone done somthing like that recently?:confused:

Good for you Cainy. You are absolutely right. Making sure the local Youth system in your area is aware of the Mens program is vital to the continued success of your club and ultimately the strength of the league in which they choose to play. I had one of our U-18 goalkeepers play up on a youth permit for me in the Quarter Final of the Cup last week against Aldergrove.
Give these youngsters a taste of the big leagues early and you will be rewarded ten fold down the road.

Any other coaches out there who want to improve the FVSL should take a page out of Cainys book.

Cheers

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bollocks

Originally posted by Regs
Quick question:

When was the last time a FVSL Premier team beat anyone other than another FVSL Premier team in cup play?

That is why the VMSL would never "merge" at the premier level with the FVSL. Why would they? You can't even get a team to win your own league cup - 2 years running!

~Regs.

Regs, I'm glad this is TTP, because that has to be the worst fukcing horseshit post I've ever read with your name on:mad:

Cheers

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF,

Actually, what I say is true... A FVSL premier team has not won your league cup in 2 years. Ask coach, I'm sure he'll fill you in :D

CC,

Seriously, it's not a piss-take. It's realistic and backed up by facts... maybe not what you want to hear and that's understandable, but can you argue any differently?

~Regs.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Regs........we're just glad you allow us to read what you VMSL guys write, and let us play with you here......if not on the field. :rolleyes:

By the way...when do Pegasus Season tickets go on sale for next year? I wanna make sure I don't lose my seat before they all sell out. ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Put my "VMSL better than FVSL" piss taking aside and give me logical reasons why the VMSL should even think about merging with the FVSL?

Our premier division is already too large. If we went to a 10 team premier division and the FVSL was to have teams in it, who would they be? How many?

:rolleyes:

~Regs.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip's logic

I've already gone on record as saying I am not an advocate of merging leagues, so in that regard you have no arguement from me.

I do think however, that the top two or three teams in the FVSL would provide the VMSL with better competition than current bottom feeders in your league (Croatia, Argies, ACM, Sportstown). That being said two of these teams have now been relegated. So Regs, I would agree that without a minor insertion of talent to these FVSL clubs, we too would most likely be in the bottom half. Who knows what would happen though if a few FVSL clubs were to be added to your league in terms of attracting talent. I am fairly confident that there would be some movement of players who are signed to current VMSL Premier sides to newly promoted teams if it ever happened. I would be very surprised if we will ever really know what might happen though.

On the other side of the coin, I do believe that on any given day, one of the top 3 FVSL teams could get a result against a VMSL side.....but this discussion is leading to another topic. We'll save it for the "Provincial Cup" thread. ;)

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do think however, that the top two or three teams in the FVSL would provide the VMSL with better competition than current bottom feeders in your league (Croatia, Argies, ACM, Sportstown).

Talk about damned by faint praise.

Come in conquering or dont come at all!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who knows what would happen though if a few FVSL clubs were to be added to your league in terms of attracting talent. I am fairly confident that there would be some movement of players who are signed to current VMSL Premier sides to newly promoted teams if it ever happened.
So what you are saying is that by 3 FVSL teams joining, you would pull other players from current VMSL teams which in turn would make them weaker.

I fail to see how this improves the league.

We want to cut down the size of our premier division to 10 teams. Here's a list of the 14 that will make up our division next year:

Westside
Peg
Sporting
Inter
Burnaby
Surrey
Khalsa
Metro Ford
West Van
Sapperton
ACM
Sportstown
Indo
Clan Alumni

Pick out the 7 teams that would be dropped and name the three FVSL teams that would replace them in a 10 team league.

An honest question: would your top 3 teams be that much better than all of the 7 dropped teams?

Cheers,

~Regs.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VMSL vs FVSL

At least in the VMSL, there is genuine, REAL promotion and relegation rather than some team saying they want to be here or there. What people forget is that in the VMSL each year two teams go up and two go down and this is irrespective of how good the teams actually are.

That is the system. I am not sure from what I have been reading that this is the always the case in the FVSL where last year, AURazor decided he would drop out of Premier and move to Div. 1. This is not done in the VMSL.

For the record, FVSLers should understand the facts. The decision to expand the VMSL Premier division from ten teams was to accommodate TWO of the top Surrey teams who moved over to the VMSL Premier (Surrey U. remains, the other gone). The addition of the two Surrey teams would not have passed at that VMSL AGM if it did not coincide with the expansion in the numbers. Clearly the two VMSL teams winning promotion from Div. 1 in the expansion year would not have been happy if they were told they were staying in Div. one to accommodate two Surrey teams who simply were given a free ride to the Premier.

I don't always agree with decisions of the VMSL exec but respect the fact these guys do a lot of work for little reward and a lot of shite. Just sit in the VMSL office for an hour and listen to the stupidity of some of the people running teams. It is an eye opener. I am sure that the guys runnning the FVSL are no different as they are mostly doing this for the love of the game.

For those so pissed they want to move to the VMSL, this is clearly a case of the grass looking greener on the other side. Just ask Willie Azzi sometime a question about a league policy on say the number of subs, and why it isn't like the BCSA rules during provincials (5 in VMSL, 5 in provincials with no slips required for half time subs). Then tell me you feel listened to. You might see things differently after that. I may not like the answer or how it is not even thoughtfully considered, but I sure respect the amount of work these guys do for what is less than MacDonald's wages.

Guinness' idea for the two conferences for Premier makes sense if anything does in the way of almalgamation. However, it does not deal with the quality of the lower teams. Someone always has to be at the bottom and get relegated, even in the English Premier League.

If Premier went back to 10 teams in the VMSL you would still have the bottom team(s) being complained about as it would be very difficult, as it used to be, for a promoted team to stay up past the year. Learn some history~!

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hell braking loose

Can you imagine if they took the top 3 teams from the fraservalley soccer league and put them in the metro league and they actually won a game? What would the vancouver guys do,I mean they would be very upset/embarrassed and would not be able to come on the fvsl threads and tell the rest of us how bad we are.I would not want this to happen as we should stick to mucking it out over here.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Free ride

Come on man we won the Valley four years on the trot, went undefeated,one year, and lost in the B.C final in overtime to the Firemen. As a matter of fact I think we played Metro Ford in the B.Cs three times and always beat them. Once in the B.Cs we had our captain Kelly Bey sent off 15 mins in, played the rest of the game a man down, and still beat Metro Ford, on their park.

Here is an analogy for ya, US college Hockey is far superior than Canadian college hockey, agreed? But most of the players on scholarship in the US schools are Canadians;) Yes your league is better, but give it a rest already Regs, don't you know it's bad Karma. You may go out in the first round again this year:eek:
PAU forever an ever:wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts