Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NBA 2002/2003 Season

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

I am sure that quote reminded you of your playing days at Richmond!!Memories....:eek:

Panties your first mistake was leaving therapy in the first place!!:rolleyes: That is where you belong and hopefully will get the help you need!!

Merry Christmas

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
all-stars announced....

EASTERN CONFERENCE ALL-STARS

Head Coach: Isiah Thomas (Indiana)

Player Team Pos. Ht. Wt. All-Star

*Vince Carter Toronto F 6-6 225 4
Zydrunas Ilgauskas Cleveland C 7-3 260 1
*Allen Iverson Philadelphia G 6-0 165 4
Michael Jordan Washington G 6-6 218 14
Jason Kidd New Jersey G 6-4 212 6
Jamal Mashburn New Orleans F 6-8 247 1
*Tracy McGrady Orlando G/F 6-8 210 3
Brad Miller Indiana C 7-0 261 1
*Jermaine O'Neal Indiana C/F 6-11 242 2
Paul Pierce Boston G/F 6-6 230 2
Antoine Walker Boston F 6-9 245 3
*Ben Wallace Detroit C 6-9 240 1

WESTERN CONFERENCE ALL-STARS

Head Coach: Rick Adelman (Sacramento)

Player Team Pos. Ht. Wt. All-Star

*Kobe Bryant L.A. Lakers G 6-6 220 5
*Tim Duncan San Antonio F 7-0 260 5
*Steve Francis Houston G 6-3 195 2
*Kevin Garnett Minnesota F 6-11 220 6
Stephon Marbury Phoenix G 6-2 205 2
Shawn Marion Phoenix F 6-7 215 1
Steve Nash Dallas G 6-3 180 2
Dirk Nowitzki Dallas F/C 7-0 245 2
Shaquille O'Neal L.A. Lakers C 7-1 340 10
Gary Payton Seattle G 6-4 180 9
Chris Webber Sacramento F 6-10 245 5
*Yao Ming Houston C 7-5 296 1

*denotes starter

Time to list who got screwed. In the west - Karl Malone got shut out for the first time in 15 years. That's huge, especially since Utah is 6th in the west and doesn't have a player on the team. Antwan Jamison is averaging 23.4 PPG for Golden State, and he didn't get the nod. He's the only player averaging over 23ppg in the West who didn't make it. Michael Finley and Elton Brand got ignored as well.

In the east - No Jerry Stackhouse, Ron Artest, Baron Davis or Jalen Rose, the only player in the East averaging over 23ppg who didn't make it either.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just watched the dunk contest and it wasn't that bad this year. Desmond Mason and Jason Richardson both had a couple of impressive dunks. Richardson cam out on top but both guys had two dunks that I had not seen before. Not bad entertainment but nothing like the good old days with Jordan vs Wilkins.

Who wants to see Yao Ming, Brad Miller, Ilgauskas, Ben Wallace play in the All-star game. Wouldn't be a little more exiciting to watch Stackhouse, Finlay and Jamison play. This game means nothing it is all about entertaining the fans and watching Ilguskus and Brad Miller shoot 6 foot jump shots can not be what the fans want to see. The only reson I want to see Yao there is to watch how many guys dunk over him. It is pretty sad that he is starting in the game. I think Carter even deserves to be there more than him because atleast he will do something that the fans want to see. :eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The All-Star 'game'(stroll) is a joke. You see the odd decent dunk and you don't see any defense. I would go to watch any of the guys teams at South Delta(especially the senior team) if I wanted to see defense that poor.

The dunk contest was okay but I would rather watch the THREE POINT contest. Petra is a fcuking machine and deserved to win. As for the game tomorrow, I will not be watching it and will not be betting on it. Take the West and the -4 line, if you're going to place a wager.

Captain

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have a feeling that this could change maybe as soon as next year. Well atleast for one of the teams there.

I would go to watch any of the guys teams at South Delta(especially the senior team) if I wanted to see defense that poor.
:D

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good All-Star game tonight. Jordan had his chance to be a hero, but the referee, Jermaine O'Neal and Kobe all conspired to ruin what would have been a storybook ending. Apparently they didn't, to steal a Jinky suggestion, read the script. As it were.

Garnett had a solid game out there. They really need to get him something to work with in Minnesota. He's got too much talent and is too good a player to get this "can't win" rep, especially when he's battling against the entire Western Conference on his own most nights.

Howabout Isiah benching Paul Pierce and Antoine Walker? Some Indy-Boston beef going on there. Walker only got nine minutes and Pierce was sitting on 10 until he got some burn in OT. I wonder if that is going to piss off the Celts down the stretch when they face Indy.

Ilgauskas played four fcuking minutes. Four. Like, thanks for the free trip to Atlanta. This is especially embarassing because Isiah played Brad Miller, the other undeserving white stiff all-star, four times as much as "Z" and as much as he played Pierce for the contest. When Paul Pierce is getting as much PT as Brad Miller, something is up.

If brutal teams like Memphis, Denver, Miami and Chicago can't earn an all-star, then the worst team in the NBA (Cleveland) shouldn't get one either. Ilgauskas is an okay big man (on a team with nothing up front) playing for the worst team in the NBA. It's a joke that Milwaukee (25-23) and Utah (28-20) didn't get a single player sent to Atlanta but Toronto (14-34) and Cleveland (10-40) did.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why not

A simple solution:
If I'm am not mistaken doesn't the NHL send at least 1 player from each team to the All Star game?

Why not do it with the NBA?

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Glove and Coach Karl Hook up again

Report: Ray Allen traded to Seattle for Payton

It looks like Ray Allen's taking his Game to the land of Starbucks as Gary Payton and slam dunk runner-up Desmond Mason head to Milwaukee.

(posted Feb. 20, 4:41PM EST)
There's no more love for The Glove in Seattle.

Fan forum: Who won the trade?

According to the Seattle Times, Seattle Sonics Gary Payton and Desmond Mason have been traded to Milwaukee for Ray Allen.

But the Sonics weren't finished there, reports the Times, as they send guard Kenny Anderson to New Orleans for 7-footer Elden Campbell.

Payton, 34, is in his 13th NBA season, all of them with the Sonics, and is in the final year of his contract. Payton is averaging 20.8 points and 4.8 rebounds per game.

Allen, 27, has been in the league six years. He is a three-time Eastern Conference All-Star, and won a gold medal in the 2000 Summer Olympics.

Allen is averaging 21.3 points and 4.6 rebounds for Milwaukee.

Sonics got younger and bigger in the middle with these 2 trades. I love Gary and Desmond has got huge upside but I have never liked Eldon Campbell. Sensei?
:confused:

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This trade is great for Seattle, for one simple reason CAP ROOM. They clear two big salaries and only get one back. Look for Seattle to be very active in the free agent market next summer.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes but, The bucks are a shite team in the east and with this trade could maybe go a round or two. The east is that bad. I am sure Payton is happy to get out of the western conference.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next season

Originally posted by ParkHead
This trade is great for Seattle, for one simple reason CAP ROOM. They clear two big salaries and only get one back. Look for Seattle to be very active in the free agent market next summer.

Eldon Campbell is a free agent next year. Who are the big ticket free agents? It's no use creating cap room if you are picking up 2nd teir players who will still demand the maximum allowable under the CBA. Example, the Candy man Olawakandi, signed a 1 year deal I think, but wanted a 6 year max package. What the fukc? This guy hasn't done shite in the league. That's the NBA these days though, huge rewards for mediocre play and "potential".:confused:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why I hate Shaq

This guy continues to think that he the centre of the ****ing universe. Maybe he should be traded to Toronto Crapters.

Shaq says, Iverson not Bibby, belongs on the Olympic Team.

ESPN.com

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Why I hate Shaq

Originally posted by Yoda
This guy continues to think that he the centre of the ****ing universe. Maybe he should be traded to Toronto Crapters.

Shaq says, Iverson not Bibby, belongs on the Olympic Team.

ESPN.com

I would take "The Answer" over Bibby as well. Easy on the big fella Yoda. I am still not sold on this punk. He dissed our town man. How can you cheer for a guy like that. I would also continue to say that the Mav's ain't got the inside presence nessesary to get out of the west.:D

Frank_McAvennie

Jan 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaq has been the most successful center in the game for the past ten years. The Answer has led the league in point for the last four seasons. Fuk Bibby, he’s a great player but Iverson is a different class.

Give your head a shake... Bibby over Iverson, get real...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0