Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NBA 2002/2003 Season

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain whether he is the most dominate or the best is really not relevant. All that needs to be said is any team with ShaQ in their lineup wins the championship!! The guy can't be stopped. Therefore he is the most dominate and the MVP of the league.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

Shaq in the line-up equals 3 peat....Shaq out equalled 3 and 9 start...Shaq back's and they win.

He may not run the floor and shoot like some others but what he does can't be stopped. So he is the best at what he does. Which is getting his team wins. Kobe had his chance to give the team wins and he didn't come through.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems to me that either Kobe or Phil Jackson (or both) are overrated. Where was this supposed Zen-like genius from Jackson when Shaq was hurt? O-ver-rated, o-ver-rated. And Kobe is supposed to be one of the top 2 or 3 in the league? Great player but he ain't no A.I. Now Big Ass is back and he'll walk and elbow his way through the league. When are the refs gonna start calling travelling on him? It's fcuking gay watching him stick his ass into his defender, shuffle step (see travel) backwards to the basket, knock the defender down with an elbow and dunk it fifteen times a game. Laker games have to be the worst to watch. I admit, Shaq is unstoppable but he sure ain't entertaining.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely Shamrock

Shaq is the most dominant but certainly not the best.

Saying Shaq is the best is like putting an NHL goalie in net that's 6 feet tall and 4 feet wide (rough size of an NHL net) and saying that he's the best! He has no skill he's just too big to get past!

Have you ever watched him do the basics of basket ball?
Can't dribble without looking at the ball, can't shoot a jump shot or a standing shot, and how about that 53% career free throw shooting percentage, that takes alot of skill. There's guys in the NBA that could do better than that left handed.

:rolleyes:

As Captain S says, he just backs his fat ass into everyone and does a layup or a dunk. Who can't do a layup from a foot away from the rim

It's just glorified white man basketball! One handed dunks and layups.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All that needs to be said is any team with ShaQ in their lineup wins the championship!!

Except Orlando.........:rolleyes:

Dapo is spot on. He wouldn't be as dominant if the refs started calling all of his infractions. Shaq is a putz and is very boring to watch. I would take Yao Ming over Shaq any day.....:p ;)

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain here is your man. Absolutely brilliant performance by the big man, I realize those clippers are a dominate team:rolleyes: Big Yao is all yours!!

Rockets
REBOUNDS
PLAYER POS MIN FGM-A 3GM-A FTM-A OFF DEF TOT AST PF ST TO BS PTS
STEVE FRANCIS G 48 8-22 1-3 14-18 3 3 6 10 3 8 8 0 31
JUAQUIN HAWKINS G 32 2-7 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 1 2 1 1 0 4
GLEN RICE F 27 9-11 3-4 2-3 0 5 5 1 4 1 0 1 23
EDDIE GRIFFIN F 9 1-7 0-1 0-0 2 1 3 0 2 0 2 0 2
YAO MING C 28 1-4 0-0 2-3 0 7 7 0 4 0 3 2 4
Kenny Thomas 42 6-11 0-0 0-1 4 5 9 2 4 1 3 1 12
Maurice Taylor 22 2-6 0-0 2-3 0 2 2 0 1 0 3 1 6
Moochie Norris 19 1-1 1-1 0-2 0 1 1 2 1 2 2 0 3
Kelvin Cato 13 2-2 0-0 0-0 1 4 5 1 3 1 1 0 4

4 points in 28mins, MVP material!!!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Captain Shamrock

Except Orlando.........:rolleyes:

Dapo is spot on. He wouldn't be as dominant if the refs started calling all of his infractions. Shaq is a putz and is very boring to watch. I would take Yao Ming over Shaq any day.....:p ;)

Apparently Orlando doesn't need him anyways they had another win last night trouncing the competition with 112 points.
Tracey McGrady, now there is some talent.

How did Shaq and the Lakers do last night anyways?
:D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ice Cold

Mavs finally shoot like high school ball players and lose their first game of the year. Nowitsky and Finley were cold as ice. I think they were 11 - 40 shooting.

Believe it or not they still only lost by 12 and were in the game the whole time.

Oh well, get the one loss under the belt and go on another 14 game win streak.
:D

Nash is absolutely money right now. Took some ugly shots last night but has to be one of, if not the, best point guards in the league right now.
:cool:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nash really has a phenomenal work rate nowadays. He looks to be in great physical shape and appears fresh by taking the summer off from competing with Canada etc.. I didn't think he'd ever be strong enough to really kick ass in the NBA but gotta hand it to him, he's looking tough as nails.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely

He looks phenomenal right now...........Except for that hair cut.
:rolleyes:
Or lack of I guess.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
first off there Captain, I do not like the lakers at all!! I hope they lose to anyone else. I would rather see the Mavs win it over the lakers . However I still can't see them beating the Lakers at playoff time 4 out of seven!! The fcukin Lakers are still the team to beat!! My first choice would be the Kings!!

Parkhead

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't fcuking jinx them, Cap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Shocking behaviour!! They are, of course, falling apart now!!

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
La la land

dumps the Mavs. Wow what a choke. Like i said awhile ago Mavs are not tested in playoff atmoshere ball and tonight it showed. Lakers came back form 24 down and wore Dallas down with tough D and half coart offence. I am still not convinced with Dallas's half court offence.:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What do you mean, Dapo?

Don't fcuking jinx them, Cap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you talking about, Dapo? ;)

As I was saying, Dallas is not going to be able to beat the Lakers because they are not mentally tough. :)

Seriously though, it was an amazing comeback. The worst player on the floor besides Bradley, was Steve Nash. He made a lot of shoc-king decisions and was out of control at times when his team needed composure. He was trying to do way too much. Van Exel was hot and they rarely used Nowitzki in the second half. It was a fun game, nonetheless. I must go and sleep now, as I will be getting up in around 5 hours to go watch Celtic stuff Rangers........

Captain

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The LAKERS are still the team to beat!!:D What more do you need to believe that!! That is a comeback!! Dallas can not stop anyone when it counts. Hopefully the Kings will beat the LA bunch:D

Thanks Captain for your insight!! don't try and edit that post now!! The Laker win just won me a bet!!:D

ParkheadwonderingwhenpeoplewillrealizetheMavscan'twinthebigone.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate to say this, but last night's loss probably means more to the Dallas season than the 14-game win streak.

They cannot beat the Lakers. Period. That's the obvious hump they have to get over, and last night would have been the most opportune moment to have one of those "statement" games. They were up so big in the 4th, any level of decent basketball would have salted a crucial victory away for the Mavs. Instead, the find a new, more painful way to drop a decision to the Lake Show. And then it turns out to be LA who has the statement game.

It is obvious by last night that 1) The Lakers early-season woes mean absolutely nothing and 2) Dallas still has some learning to do when it comes to how to play in the crunch. That being said, I don't think this writes off the Mavs - if you look at how the Kings built the team they have today, a lot of it has to do with suffering through tough losses (ie- last season's Western Conference Finals). The Mavs are on a similar path. It'll be interesting to see how they bounce back from a loss like last night's.

As for the game itself, Van Ex looked good and probably should have played more of Nash's fourth quarter minutes. But Nellie is dedicated to Nash, knows he's the floor general, and had to show trust by giving him the reigns late in the contest.

LaFrentz looked BRUTAL and missed a ton of defensive rotations. He's probably still out of sorts with all the time missed due to injury.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone please tell me how John Stockton and Karl Malone do it? Everynight they are in games against far superior athletes and teams you think should run circles around these guys. I believe Stockton is already over forty and Malone I believe is right there to. It is not like there supporting cast is any good. I think this truly amazing especially Stockton who against all the quick young point guards and always seems to outscore and out assist them!!

Who said athletes were done at 35?:rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone please tell me how John Stockton and Karl Malone do it?

I'm guessing Stockton would have to be on top. Malone is a big man and Stockton at 6'1" 175 lbs would have a difficult time surviving on the bottom.

Panties

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know these days are supposed to be very PC, but having intimate knowledge spread about such as the aboves, " Malone is a big man" somewhat disturbs me as a heterosexual male.
I must now re-enter therapy for homophobia.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0