Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Selects 2007/2008 results/banter

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby Canadians Tigers 2 Club Ireland 1

A good effort by the ladies, considering we had EIGHT players for 2/3 of the game and NINE players for the rest. If we win our game in hand, we'll still have a comfortable 5 point lead....if not, then we won't. :D

In fact, it was a great effort by the ladies today. Well done and I'm sure we're looking forward to playing the Tigers will at least 11 players next time.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kerrisdale 1 - NSGSC Only - 0

Felt good to get a win today. We only had 11 players, one of whom is injured and lets face it, I only count for half a player right now, so basically 9.5 players! I sure could have used a sub by about the 60th minute and dragged my ass for the last 30.
It could have been a different game, but thankfully the other team couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. We should have finished some more of our quality chances as there were a few and we need to try and improve our goals for/against ratio.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Selects West GP W L T F A +/- PTS
Club Ireland A 13 11 1 1 30 8 22 34
Burnaby Canadians Selects 11 7 2 2 17 10 7 23
Burnaby Canadians Tigers 13 7 4 2 24 17 7 23
Kerrisdale FC 12 4 6 2 16 16 0 14
Westside Renegades 11 4 6 1 16 13 3 13
Sapperton Rovers 11 4 6 1 21 28 -7 13
Richmond Stingrays 11 3 6 2 14 17 -3 11
NSGSC V.O. 12 1 10 1 7 36 -29 4

It's official........the ladies have won the Selects division. Well done, ladies.

Hail Hail

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond Club Ireland United 'B' 6 Burnaby Canadians Selects 0

I have never seen a team of ours in 5 years finish like we did today. Granted they only had 10 players but our finishing was lethal.......2 headers, 2 left footed shots and 2 right footed shots. :) For our first game in Selects, with only 4 players from last year's Selects team playing, it was very encouraging. I have a feeling Sunday's game might be the role reversal though.........as the Premier team will have 11 or 12 players due to 4 people being out of town?????????:confused:

Lookingtokeepthescoredown CSC

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond CIU 'B' 0 NSGSC Red Sox 'B' 0

A very entertaining game despite the scoreline. Both teams play some great football throughout the game and in the end a draw was probably a fair result. They are a young team, like us, and they have some dangerous players.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RCIU 'B' 4 West Van 0

NOt much to say except West VAn started with 10 players and finished with 9 at the half. :( One of the light stands was out from the start but we played 45 minutes and the result will stand apparently.

Nice to see Notty again.....haven't seen him in awhile. Did you make it over to Minoru, Notty? :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kerrisdale 3 RCIU 'B' 0

A pretty bad game of football. I got there just before half-time only to have our goalie injured. We had 11 at that point and obviously had to put a player in goal. We played with 10 over the last 25 minutes as a player had a function to go to. It was a very scrappy game on a terrible field. We still managed a few chances with 10 players and Kerrisdale had a couple of breakaways due to us playing for a goal but they didn't captialize. As usual, a couple of their players just don't know when to stop refereeing the game.......particularly number 4. How she has made it through all the games we have played without being red carded is remarkable. I guess some refs just don't want to deal with the paper work. Anyway, our team is looking forward to the rematch on a decent field with a full compliment of players. Well done to Kerrisdale.

North Shore Red Sox are definitely the toughest team in the group to date and will probably at the end of the season, be on top.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Captain's post that it was a scrappy game. Seems to be the pattern when our two teams compete against each other. Not sure how come it always ends up that way, although the reffing in this game didn't help. At least both teams are showing up to pay and we can count on it being a heated contest. Club I were unlucky to lose Margaret in the first half as she is a solid last line of defense. Also unlucky to lose another player to a previous committment, but I suppose with women's soccer it is bound to happen. Full credit to an undermanned squad as the hoops kept battling until the final whistle. A yappy game, but one that I enjoyed playing.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kerrisdale 1 - NSGSC Red Sox 1

Great game against a very solid team. They were lucky to go up one nothing about halfway through the first half as it was a rather harmless looking play that unfortunately for us bounced straight to their player who put it home. Otherwise, IMO we held the play for most of the game and we beat them to the majority of the balls. They were getting frustrated and it showed. Our strikers ran their back line ragged and we created some quality chances. Our goal came off a great through ball that Diana took and turned the defense, passed it across the goal right onto Sarah's foot and she smoothly slotted it far post. Almost got the go-ahead goal late in the game, but no such luck. Overall, I think a win for us would have been ideal, but we didn't get the goal we needed, so a tie is a fair result. The Red Sox are a talented team and it was a good battle.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kerrisdale 1 - NSGSC Red Sox 1

Great game against a very solid team. They were lucky to go up one nothing about halfway through the first half as it was a rather harmless looking play that unfortunately for us bounced straight to their player who put it home. Otherwise, IMO we held the play for most of the game and we beat them to the majority of the balls. They were getting frustrated and it showed. Our strikers ran their back line ragged and we created some quality chances. Our goal came off a great through ball that Diana took and turned the defense, passed it across the goal right onto Sarah's foot and she smoothly slotted it far post. Almost got the go-ahead goal late in the game, but no such luck. Overall, I think a win for us would have been ideal, but we didn't get the goal we needed, so a tie is a fair result. The Red Sox are a talented team and it was a good battle.

North Shore is the best team in the league. I'm very surprised they didn't win the game but well done to both teams.

Hail Hail

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0