Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter - September 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what i gathered, the 2 teams sat at opposite ends of the sidelines but this girls parents decided to site 2 feet from the poco sides bench instead of their own teams half and proceeded to complain about every play and call.
Coach just had enough of listening to this idiot and asked him to go sit somewhere else or shut his trap. Hell, if i was there i would have told the guy to shut his trap.

Really, who does that? Other than this guy.

Obviously he's known as Shamrock picked him out right away.

Players from UBC had to come over and sort it out in the middle of the game. Tells you your doing something wrong when your team has to sort you out.
Since he was on the Poco's side when it happened, don't believe UBC's side of the story, It happened at Poco's bench not UBC's so they don't have a clue what went on.

As for the game, 1 nil at half and then the flood gates opened.
Next challenge is Surrey next week.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Obviously he's known as Shamrock picked him out right away.

Yah, he is known to me because his daughter goes to my high school. He is a passionate father who puts a LOT of time into his kids lives. He has been extremely supportive of his daughter, Caitlin, and her decision to play school soccer every year despite the wishes of some of her past coaches telling her not to because it is a 'waste of time'. Obviously it's not. If we are in fact talking about the same parent, he is a hard-working father who loves the game of football.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since he was on the Poco's side when it happened, don't believe UBC's side of the story, It happened at Poco's bench not UBC's so they don't have a clue what went on.

Were you there on Poco's bench? Maybe we're talking about a different person here???????? Usually, the dad goes to the games on his own...........????????

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Then shouldn't he sit at and support his own teams bench?
WTF?
There's passionate, and then there's just being an idiot.

Guess i'll have to attend the next UBC/Poco game and setup camp at their side.
Or beside him maybe.
:)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Were you there on Poco's bench? Maybe we're talking about a different person here???????? Usually, the dad goes to the games on his own...........????????

Apparently, from what Mrs. Yoda says, tall, thin, and kind of scruffy. Bruce may have been his name. But was with 2 other women. One had an accent that sounded swedish or something, claimed "she could sit where she wanted to".
They didn't move until UBC's coach came and said they should probably move.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Apparently, from what Mrs. Yoda says, tall, thin, and kind of scruffy. Bruce may have been his name. But was with 2 other women. One had an accent that sounded swedish or something, claimed "she could sit where she wanted to".
They didn't move until UBC's coach came and said they should probably move.

Hmmm, I don't know who the two ladies would be, if in fact it was Bruce..........He is a great guy to me. :D ;)

What did you think of his daughter as a player?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
..........He is a great guy to me. :D ;)

What did you think of his daughter as a player?

Who isn't when they're cheering for your team.
No idea how good his daughter was, i was getting pissed after my game at another field. Wasn't actually there, the wif was on the sidelines with an injury for Poco when it all went down.

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If this bruce guy is such a nice guy captain then why did he state it was his strategy to sit on our side to heckle our players. Pathetic! Then when asked to move, got his linesman to help him in attacking our 5 foot little petey. Then to have Dawn come over and scream at Pete was a disgrace on her behalf, she obviously doesn't know what this bruce guy is like. I guess this is a heads up for all premier teams up there, this guy is crazy and his coming after ya. :eek: The score was ugly ending at 5-0, would of been nice to end at the first half. Poco was looking forward to beginning this year. Unfortunately we lost 4 players to injury at thursdays training. Ofcourse 2 of them were our goalies. So I guess we decided to challenge ourselves for the beginning of the year with no goalie and no subs. Can't wait to play surrey next week.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately we lost 4 players to injury at thursdays training.

What are you ladies doing at training? WWE stuff? ;) :D

As for Bruce, he has been nothing but a gentleman to me so I will not say a bad thing about him. I know he is passionate and since I wasn't there, I can't comment. Good luck with Surrey next week.

Hail Hail

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
What are you ladies doing at training? WWE stuff? ;) :D

Hail Hail

Rumor has it that they all became injured during the hour and a half- long drill of four corners. It can get pretty violent. Helmets and full body padding would be a good idea. And if that drill didn't hurt them physically it certainly would mentally, as it is about as fun as watching paint dry :eek: Can't say I miss it at all.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
lionheart said:
Then when asked to move, got his linesman to help him in attacking our 5 foot little petey. QUOTE]

I am sure Pete would love being called that. :D That is hilarious. Although he is quite petite in stature, it sounds more like you are talking about a little helpless animal than an actual grown man. Too funny.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it necessary to comment on a team like that when you've just left them?
Thought you'd leave on a better note than that WW.
I'd guess your comments might be a little different if you guys had not just beat Coquitlam, but then again, who isn't going to beat Coquitlam this year. I heard they stink!

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Is it necessary to comment on a team like that when you've just left them?
Thought you'd leave on a better note than that WW.
I'd guess your comments might be a little different if you guys had not just beat Coquitlam, but then again, who isn't going to beat Coquitlam this year. I heard they stink!

Yoda,

If you actually knew what I was talking about, it was an inside joke with many of the players on Poco. Four corners was a drill that we always did again and again but really disliked it, apart from a player or 2, and we did it all the time, and many of the players, both current and former would always joke about the drill and how boring it was. And would bitch about not wanting to do it all the time. That was the four corner joke. Maybe it wasn't funny but obviously you did not understand it at all as it was not a negative remark against the Poco players or the team in general. I like and respect most of the players, and I like and respect the coaches and managers as people as well.

And for the second comment, I was defending Pete. Lionheart unintentionally made him seem all weak and defenseless, when in fact we all know that is not the case as he has the respect of many players, and is a nice person too, just obviously was very upset by this parent and stood up for himself and his team.

So, I don't get where your comments are coming from. As I have a few friends on Poco and played there for awhile, I hope they have a successful season. And maybe if you had been around in the previous few years as BJ wasn't playing you might know about some of the inside jokes before you went and took my head off :eek: .

WW

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
For once I fully agree with Captain Shim sham. And Yoda you should watch the exaggeration, you really embellished this one. Who cares what happened on the sideline....what happened in the game?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just getting you worked up WW, relax.
Funbox, like i said, i wasn't there but my wife was right there when it happened.
What part did i embelish?

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My little green friend, you just made it sound a lot worse then it was.

Anybody go to the coquitlam/westside game...what happened there? Is 1-0 telling the story right?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw the first half of the Westside/Coquitlam game -- tough, tight checking, well battled half. Very close, I thought, so yes the one goal told it about right. Could've gone either way.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funbox said:
My little green friend, you just made it sound a lot worse then it was.

Anybody go to the coquitlam/westside game...what happened there? Is 1-0 telling the story right?

Well it would have been a pretty boring story if i didn't.

And i left out the part where Petey took at swing at Bruce, and the Swedish lady tried to massage him to death.

Anyways................

Nutmegs, MOTW Poll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0