Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter - September 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will start this thread now that the first weekend of the season is underway.

1st result is the surprising 1-0 Norvan victory over Coquitlam - Jimmy Holiday will not be happy with that.

I'm sure Welcome Wagon will be on here filling us in on the game - maybe it will give her something else to talk about other than bashing Poco :eek:

The rest of the weekend sees Richmond visiting UBC and Surrey hosting Westside. Pretty sad to only have 3 Premier games a weekend :rolleyes:

But I predict UBC to defeat Richmond by 2 and SU over Westside by 4. Rumours are that Westside is struggling this year as about 4 of their better players have left. We will see on Sunday.

Should be an interesting season especially after the upset in the first game!!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nutmegs, it's nice to see that you are taking your moderating duties seriously ;)

On the Westside note, I believe there are more than just 4 (better)players who have left. The score could be even greater :confused: but I don't want to curse them as yet.

Congrats to Norvan, but it is only the start of the season :eek:

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know the score from the Surrey U and WS game today?

And SC, I didn't catch the memo about games at the start of the season being worth less points?! :eek:

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
MWSL website says Slurrey beat Westside 5-0. Wonder if that was the 'real' score.

Surrey has signed Amber Allen. Lots of firepower on that squad now. Apparently, while the MWSL was eliminating youth permits they dropped their national team player limit. SU now has four: Allen, Hermus, Holan and Schmidt.

I also heard that Norvan played the last sixty minutes down a man against Coquitlam. Great result for them. Wouldn't want to be at Jimmy Holiday's training session this week.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funbox said:
Anyone know the score from the Surrey U and WS game today?

And SC, I didn't catch the memo about games at the start of the season being worth less points?! :eek:

I didn't catch the memo that says one shouldn't accept congratulations when it is offered.............

k-vale7

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Bastard said:
MWSL website says Slurrey beat Westside 5-0. Wonder if that was the 'real' score.

Surrey has signed Amber Allen. Lots of firepower on that squad now. Apparently, while the MWSL was eliminating youth permits they dropped their national team player limit. SU now has four: Allen, Hermus, Holan and Schmidt.

I also heard that Norvan played the last sixty minutes down a man against Coquitlam. Great result for them. Wouldn't want to be at Jimmy Holiday's training session this week.

what? nutmegs, did I miss practice or something?

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Bastard said:

FB,

Actually, it wasn't the last 60 that we played a man down. It was for 85 or more minutes. One of our players likely set an all time record for the fastest 2 yellows received :eek: , and managed to get 2 yellow cards in the first 5 minutes of the game so we played 85+ minutes with 10 players, and in that time we managed to score a goal and then hold Coquitlam off the score sheet. Not to say they didn't have their chances though because they definetly did, hit a few posts and our goalie made a few great saves. We did manage to create a few really good chances of our own though, and shut them down pretty well, considering the circumstances. All in all, it was a great effort and result by us.

Not to bitch about the ref, but he was absolutely shocking. And not just because of the red card he gave. The 2 fouls were both definetly deserving of yellows, but both teams felt that it was a bit drastic giving a red card, especially in the first 5 minutes of the game. And after that, he proceeded to mess up his calls constantly, and then give a make up call right after. Some fouls that were committed by both teams were absolutely brutal and deserving of cards, but none were given, yet he gives a red right from the start. Lets just say that neither team will want him reffing them again.

Went and watched the UBC/Richmond game, and it was not overly exciting at all. UBC did not play very well at all, should have won by a lot more. Good save by Sian on a pk.

Wow, Amber signing with Surrey. That will definetly make them even more powerful than they already were. What was Westside like?? I heard they lost most of their good players.

WW

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey Captain Shim Sham.....lighten up. Call me, we will do sushi and make sure to compare memo's.

I'm a keeper. FB

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WW,

I wonder how a ref like that managed to get his/her certification?

Funbox, a win in the first game is something to get excited about, and most would hope it sets the tone for the 'season'. Like I said congrats, but good luck in the rest of the season :)

K-vale, I'd say you've missed more than a few practices (about 6 Nations' Cup ones :p )

+SC

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funbox said:
hey Captain Shim Sham.....lighten up. Call me, we will do sushi and make sure to compare memo's.

I'm a keeper. FB

I'm looking forward to that Funbox, but we might have to get an extra-large entrance to the Sushi Bar to fit your heed in........

TAL

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC, I hope it sets the tone as well, thank you and appreciate it. :) And seriously that ref gave good ol' Herby a run for his money.

Captain Shim Sham...maybe we should just sit outside, that way my head and your ass don't have to squeeze through the door......Come on that was only fair, I know you are laughing.

Good Luck to everyone this weekend.

FB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funbox said:
SC, I hope it sets the tone as well, thank you and appreciate it. :) And seriously that ref gave good ol' Herby a run for his money.

Captain Shim Sham...maybe we should just sit outside, that way my head and your ass don't have to squeeze through the door......Come on that was only fair, I know you are laughing.

Good Luck to everyone this weekend.

FB

My ass is rather petite, if I may say so. What's above it might not be though. :D

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nutmegs,

It looks like we'll have no excuse to get together for a few beviis this weekend. Starting tomorrow night for LWM's b-day drink, Friday night apres your Minoru game and Saturday (if you can make it) apres our game :confused: ...

Any thoughts as to how your squad may do on the turf pitch at Minoru?

+SClookinforasocialbevii :)

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
Nutmegs,

It looks like we'll have no excuse to get together for a few beviis this weekend. Starting tomorrow night for LWM's b-day drink, Friday night apres your Minoru game and Saturday (if you can make it) apres our game :confused: ...

Any thoughts as to how your squad may do on the turf pitch at Minoru?

+SClookinforasocialbevii :)
SC,

Just when I tell myself that I am going to quit drinking until after Nationals, I get propositioned with this upcoming weekend :rolleyes:

I guess I will have to forgo that plan until Monday especially since the SU boys also play in Richmond on Sunday at the Crotian Picnic Grounds.

I will be there for LWM's b-day drink tomorrow night and we can discuss the rest of the weekend then.

As for the matches this weekend the women's premier sked looks like this: (my predictions in red)

Surrey United at Richmond Selects
Sportstown UBC Alumni at Poco Premier
Coquitlam City FC at Westside FC

Not exactly a tough weekend to call as I don't see any upsets.

Our game against Richmond should be an interesting one as Richmond always plays tough against us and gives us a scare. But we usually end up pulling out the victory in the end. I'm just hoping it's more competitive than last week's game where we came out slowly and still ended up ahead 3-0. :rolleyes: Westside only had 12 players and I only knew about 5 of them - a real different side than what they fielded last year.

Man, just when I thought I never hung out in Ditchmond anymore I get a weekend like this :D

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
I'm just hoping it's more competitive than last week's game where we came out slowly and still ended up ahead 3-0.

Man, just when I thought I never hung out in Ditchmond anymore I get a weekend like this :D

Nutty, how do you feel about the game last night? Do you think it was more competitive than last week's game? I just want to get a player's perspective on things b/c it was hard to tell :confused: ...

All I can say is that my feet were sore from standing and it was the first time I wore fleece this Fall season :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, and it was a shame to see Jodi Ann standing on the sidelines anxious to play where she deserves to be. :(

+SC

Surrey U beat Richmond Selects
I lost count (sorry)

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
Surrey U beat Richmond Selects
I lost count (sorry)
SC,

That's cuz you were yapping instead of watching the game :rolleyes:. I think it was 2-0, but it could have been 3-0. Lost track with Chris' kids there. There were times when they were more entertaining.

CHAB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
SC,

That's cuz you were yapping instead of watching the game :rolleyes:. I think it was 2-0, but it could have been 3-0. Lost track with Chris' kids there. There were times when they were more entertaining.

CHAB

To be honest, it was difficult to stay focussed on the game. SU just seemed to be going through the motions against a team they totally outclassed. Number 11 is a quality player in the middle of the park and overall, they are a very complete team all the way through. Number 21 played against our high school team last year in the Fraser Valley final..........Go Devils......

I had the feeling that SU could have turned it up another notch if the game was ever in danger, which it never was.........

Good luck at the Nationals, ladies.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CHAB,

I didn't realize I was standing in a "no yapping" zone. I was explaining several situations on 'what not to do' to a couple of lower level soccer players observing the game. We had a great view, and it was great opportunity to disect the game for them. Sorry I didn't include you in the fun :rolleyes:

I agree with you Captain, and once SU gets over their injuries and rests up for Nationals they should bring home the title
:wa: Go SU Go! :wa:

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco vs UBC

Yoda, Lionheart, what the heck happened at the game?? A few of my friends on UBC just called me and told me that Pete totally lost it and he and Peggy got into it with another parent on UBC and then when Dawn tried to break it up, Pete threatened to beat up the other parent. WTF??? I remember the one time last season when he threatened Coquitlam's coach because they ran up the score (they didn't run it up, our team just sucked and many of our players made it pretty impossible for them not to score), but this incident happened in the first half when the score was still respectable. Too bad, I should have come and watched the game. Since with work I am no longer able to watch Y&R this could have been my soap opera fix for the month :eek: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0