Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Premier] 2006 Preseason Rumours and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like the Poco Premier women will be looking to make a few changes for next season including more players and a new coach.
Things will be changing there so you better look out.
I'll have more info as my sources fill me in.

:)

Anyone else making changes or are you all keeping the same rosters as last year?

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since most teams are starting training now I thought I get the rumour mill going.

Heard about the new Poco coach who also happens to be an assistant coach at a local university. I hear they also have a new assistant/co-coach who will cover the new coach when he is unable to be there - this new assistant/co-coach has a strong affliation with the Whitecaps and their reserves so it should be interesting to see what new players Poco can recruit.

Other interesting happenings that I've heard about include a recent transfer that I predicted (albeit tongue in cheek) a few months ago here on TTP.

nutmegs said:
Quote:Originally Posted by Welcome Wagon
UBC will get the chance to redeem themselves from their upset loss to Richmond awhile back. Look for UBC to come out and take it to Richmond. Hopefully the 3 weeks worth of byes won't prove to be costly for UBC.

Man - are you a UBC supporter or what?!? Or are you sucking up so you can make it three different clubs in three years? Luckily, you and UBC are on opposite sides of the draw or else your Norvan teammates might have questioned your loyalty.

And now I hear that WW has indeed made it three different clubs in three years - I think she may change teams more often than she does her underwear. :D

In that same string, how is the move to Surrey affecting UBC Alumni? Anyone heard of defectors who don't want to commute?

Coquitlam sounds like it is generally going to be the same team although I hear the coach that brought them some glory when they were with Burnaby will be returning to the fold.

Surrey United will keep its core together although we will lose about 2-3 players to school committments (most importantly kvale7 who will leave us for one season :( ). Despite being staff, I don't have any insight on new signings, but the big announcement so far is that addition of an assistant/co-coach who was recruited based on his success as a tryhard co-ed team organizer. ;)

The interesting addition to the league, of course, is the Trinity Western team. I hear that it is mostly going to be made up of Alumni but I'm sure that when spring season rolls around many of the current varsity players will join. Should be interesting to see how they deal with the dilemma of varsity players getting time ahead of girls who have been with the team since September.

Don't know much about Norvan or Richmond, but if anyone has some insight on them or comments about my thoughts, let's hear them.

Should be a great season and by the sounds of it more competitive than it has been in awhile!!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
Heard about the new Poco coach who also happens to be an assistant coach at a local university. I hear they also have a new assistant/co-coach who will cover the new coach when he is unable to be there - this new assistant/co-coach has a strong affliation with the Whitecaps and their reserves so it should be interesting to see what new players Poco can recruit.

Team will be totally different next year. Very few returning players and there has been lots of talk about girls that want to come but we've been away for 2 weeks so i dont' know who the new faces are.

New coach is actually away right now with the under 18 Canada team in Russia or wherever they are.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No not Ian Bridge.

He's technically a goalie coach and his asst/co-coach would be a carrot top if he had any hair.:D

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although Bridgie might be looking for work after the U20 disaster in Russia.:eek:

Poco should have a mix of SFU and a few Whitecap Reserve players I would imagine with Wolly and Rohla in the mix. A definite step in the right direction for that club.

Coquitlam should have a some new faces in the lineup. I think the last minute spot at Nationals kept this team from major facelift. I kind of figured that some of the NS-based players might stay closer to home.

Anyhow, at least five gone I believe, although a few sticking around until after nationals is over. Some college/university players who were with Xtreme in the summer should surface with Coquitlam after their season wraps. Anyhow, the old coach is back part-time to give Jimmy H. a hand.

Biggest addition for Coquitlam will be Michele Gademans full time.

Coquitlam City has massive huge talent pool at U18 and U17 age groups right now, so Coquitlam looks good for the next few years.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Poco will be a totally different team this year with maybe 3-4 returning players, the rest would be new faces.
I look forward to the season to come and hope they can improve.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes. Lack of players this season to start until the college etc players were ready to play.
Unfortunate but maybe next year they'll get it all back together.

I'm sure there will be some phone calls coming from some very good players coming soon to the existing teams.

Sad, but true.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mrs Yoda will be playing with an over 30's team.
She tried to get onto a Div1 team in Coquitlam but they were fully signed already.
I imagine she'll play the year with her Mom in O30's then return next year.

Not sure what Lionheart is going to do now. Haven't talked to her since it all fell through.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
$100 says no.
:)
I have a hunch she'll be joining Mrs. Yoda for the season.

Just a hunch

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haven't made any definite decisions on where to go. Not really too eager on traveling a lot, but willing to take offers $.

So Choker, what's up with the two North Van teams? And which coach did you choose?

I heard Yoda is playing in the over 40's this year!

Lionheart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0