Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL hits an ALL-TIME low

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe it was a marketing gimic to draw more people to TTP??!! ha ha ha
Just for the record, I've never done such a thing, nor will I ever... If I want to get people here through another site, I will always ask about advertising or something like that first. Just want to be clear on that.

Carry on,

~Regs.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just for the record, I've never done such a thing, nor will I ever... If I want to get people here through another site, I will always ask about advertising or something like that first. Just want to be clear on that.
So how much am I getting for posting a link to your site from mine, Regs?:D :p

Sounds like the Women's game is in a bit of a mess. Has anybody ever stood for office against these knobs? Allegedly leagues are run democratically:rolleyes: even the MWSL, and you have the chance to vote the slimeballs out, as long as you have somebody willing to run against them. If nobody's willing to run, then you get the government that nobody deserves.

I've been lurking in this thread for a while, and I've seen glimmerings of intelligent life here. Why not have some of the more vocal disgruntled folk run for offices in the League?

the Empress has no clothes........

stew:cool:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs!

I WAS TEASING!

It was directed to this thread for a reason as it applies to the MWSL.....

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More fuel for the fire:

Westside's Premier A coach got a call from the league this week saying their game scheduled for 2PM at Hillcrest was rescheduled for 10AM at Poco's park because Poco couldn't make the 2PM game. That was the way it was going to be and Westside would default if they didn't show up.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: More fuel for the fire:

The game was actually scheduled to play on beautiful Hillcrest (Westside Prem A's home pitch). I believe the scheduler originally slotted a 9:30am start-without the 'ok' from the president :rolleyes: I hope the Westside girls came out on top today, if they didn't it may have been due to their golf hangovers. ;)

I'm not holding my breath for decent game times or fields next week. I just hope we don't lose the good fields to those damn baseball players. :mad:There are some real mud pits and beaches out there. (Especially where the league keeps slotting us)

On a side note, Besty's crew was on fire today~

+SC

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Premier 2 - 0 Who Cares?
Westside Shooters 2 - 0 Who Cares?

The league can fcuk themselves.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great report Keeps!

What's going to happen when a 3rd Westside womens's squad joins the Premier crew?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That remains to be seen. The league will probably put the kibosh on having three teams from the same club in premier.

But then again, stranger things have happened.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Westside Premier 2 - 0 Who Cares?
Westside Shooters 2 - 0 Who Cares?

The league can fcuk themselves.

The first who cares was Poco Premier, and they were able to field a team, as far as i know.

The league can still go fcuk themselves.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
and they were able to field a team, as far as i know.
Teams should be aware that they are expected to play on any given Sunday, especially if they are still in cup play. No excuses...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't mean that they could field a team just didn't want to play then. I meant that they could field a team and there must have been some other reason it was cancelled. Not because Poco didn't want to play.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The league will probably put the kibosh on having three teams from the same club in premier.
SBAA have three teams. What a roaring success that was. :rolleyes:

BTW, have heard the League will say NO to two teams from the same club in Premier A. So, either Vancouver Only or Valley United get to go up, since all the rest of the teams have sister teams in Premier A. This system was well thought out. But NOOOO, we can't have a CAT system. :rolleyes:

Also think Captain should run for the board. Then he could be Admiral. :D Hope Bravedart decides to run too.

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also think Captain should run for the board. Then he could be Admiral. Hope Bravedart decides to run too.

Good Old Bob Cormack has said that he will nominate me himself....how can I refuse.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So here's the latest shamble of the MWSL:

I was informed today that the league has informed all Premier B teams this week that after week 9 the division will be split in two. The top 4 teams after 9 games will play each other twice to decide promotion (one team to go up). Similarily, the bottom 6 teams after 9 games will play each other once to decide demotion (between two to four teams to go down -- a bit unclear here).

The last half of the season will not be played. Period.

In addition, any team(s) having make up games within the first 9 weeks will have two weeks to make them up on their own. That is, the league will not schedule or organize any fields for teams to have their make up games. It is completely up to the team coaches/managers to organize themselves (I'm not sure how the referees will be dealt with).

As far I was informed there is/was no reason for doing this. Also, when the league was asked why teams are only receiving this infomation during week 7, their answer was that they wanted to do this at the beginning of the year but just forgot to tell everyone.

This is only happening in the Premier B division.

This is absolute fcuking crap. And as my girlfried argued, if this happened in the VMSL the league would have over a thousand complaints by lunch time. So why can they get away with this in women's soccer? Every Premier B team should get together and form a united front against the league and prevent this garbage from happening. Why is the league trying to pull this? What the hell is their reasoning?

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's because they keep getting away with every bullshite tactic they pull out of their asses.... the league is a joke..... always has been.

Are they offering a rebate on registration fees since those teams aren't playing a full season? I'd demand that since they "forgot to mention" it earlier...

Keeper, why don't you get in there & straighten things out for us all?? :D someone with logic & common sense needs to....

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
And as my girlfried argued,
Keeps, I'm not going to comment, ok I will. Are you seeing someone on the side :confused:

Back on topic...After all this shite I can't wait to see how the Cup play pans out. :rolleyes:

ri-dic-u-lous :mad:

Can_Head_A_Ball

Oct 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
MWSL is disorganized and shite on a number of levels.... I went in to register my team a few seasons back. Upon arrival at the MWSL office, I was told that we were using a "number system" instead of the usual, first come first served (work your way around the cramped circle of chairs) system. Thrilled that I wouldn't have to sit in the stuffy office, I took my number, and waited outside. After 30 minutes of waiting, I realized that people had come and gone in the time that I'd been sitting there. I went inside to find out if my number had been called and I'd just missed it, only to be told by John Jukes, "We're not really using the numbers, actually." When I told him that I'd been sitting outside waiting for my number to be called, he informed me that "We've always just done a first come, first served system." Then what's with the numbers, dimwit? I lost my mind, tried to get them to help me next, failed, and waited in that shite office anyway.

Not nearly as big a deal as what's going on in Premier B, but just another example of why so many people are fed up with this league.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can_Head_A_Ball said:
I went inside to find out if my number had been called and I'd just missed it, only to be told by John Jukes, "We're not really using the numbers, actually." When I told him that I'd been sitting outside waiting for my number to be called, he informed me that "We've always just done a first come, first served system."

If you had a donut tied around your neck, JJ would have been all over ya, but otherwise...he ain't gettin' off that chair.

If you are in Premiere, imagine the shite you are goin' through...us ladies in the lowly Div 2 etc... are gettin' shite on even harder!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0