Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL hits an ALL-TIME low

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today I emailed the manager one of our women's teams asking, "is your game this weekend a cup game or a league game?"

She answered: "The game this weekend is doing double duty as both."

Are you kidding me?! Is that what the league has come to? One game can count towards a cup and a league result? Talk about a double whammy.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I noticed on the BC Soccer website that the women's provincial final is set for May 1st at Mercer Stadium.

Can somebody clarify this for me - Is the PROVINCIAL CUP FINAL being played on a TURF field in MAY?!? Last year it was Kinsman which isn't the greatest pitch in the Lower Mainland (and way out there in the North Shore) but at least it was on grass.

How come the men get Swangard while we get forced to play on shite pitches or even turf?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Oh yah, that's commonplace.
So, what you're saying is this thread -- "All-Time Low" -- can otherwise be interpreted "all the time"? That's nuts.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
I noticed on the BC Soccer website that the women's provincial final is set for May 1st at Mercer Stadium.

Can somebody clarify this for me - Is the PROVINCIAL CUP FINAL being played on a TURF field in MAY?!? Last year it was Kinsman which isn't the greatest pitch in the Lower Mainland (and way out there in the North Shore) but at least it was on grass.

How come the men get Swangard while we get forced to play on shite pitches or even turf?
What would make the most sense -- which means it'll never happen -- is to schedule a double header: the women's Provincial Cup Final and then the men's. Hell, maybe they could even sell some pints and have some music.

It's a dreamworld, after all.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, that's the way it was before. I think they sold one pint when in was held in Victoria :rolleyes:

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ironically, the men's and women's double-header used to happen a few years ago (albeit without the pints and music :mad: ) but because of the Whitecaps women's season starting so early and the men doing the double-header thing with the Whitecaps men's team we got the shaft. (Go ahead boys have a go at that one... :rolleyes: )

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Actually, that's the way it was before. I think they sold one pint when in was held in Victoria :rolleyes:

If memory serves me right and it is a little foggy from that day the Surrey United Extreme Dance Team may have consumed more than just one pint in Victoria.

Of course they did sell one to each of us before we started pouring our boot-legged beer into the cups they gave us. :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahh the dance team. How we love them so. Here's one member doing the robot. Brilliant.

World Pup.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0