Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Division 4] 2005/2006 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

spongebobhotpants

Aug 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
first game with a former div 2 player playing div 4,,hmmm
had a few bevvies after but we played a great young team some young enough to be my kids
but they were very sportsmanlike and they beat us in the last 90 minutes,, i guess we do slow down with age what's up with that
looking forward to playin them again as they look to be our competition for the season
any comments about div 4 teams actually having try outs,, isn't this where you are supposed to start if you've never played before why have try outs???? we all have to start somewhere

Rosco

Nov 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: mwsl div 4/games

we played our first season in div 4 and for this season we have been bumped up to div 3, we are hoping to move up within about 2 seasons to div 2. we have tryouts for 2 reasons: 1) we want to build a team of players capable of taking us higher and 2) we want to make sure that new players gel well with the team. Can't speak for other teams but that's why we did tryouts even in Div 4.

good luck with your season!

sweeper16

Sep 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I know that out here they have try outs just because there are *so* many girls that are wanting to play. There are only 5 teams out here and many more girls then teams.
some of those Div 4 teams out here carry about 21-25 players even after try outs!

flygirlkimba

Sep 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Our team has about 22-25 players at most times...and some have never played, while some of us have. It's a good opportunity to see what position might suit someone, or what their confidence level may be.
We did get our ass kicked today, but I was proud of our team...
Go Lightning!

spongebobhotpants

Aug 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Division 4] 2005 Results & Banter

second week of play,, great game vs. abby lightning,, its good to see some teams don't give up, the goalie they have was phenonminal,(SP?) we gave her quite a workout and she kept up
and they were an excellent team to play against, no bit*hing from either side that i heard anyone correct me if i'm wrong
thanks to them for driving all that way on a sunday morn. can't wait till we have to drive out there at the crack of dawn and with our luck they will schedule it when we have our fundraiser the night before and we're still too drunk to drive in the morn.
ps watch out for those surdel girls they are pretty crafty,,but an all round good team as well

flygirlkimba

Sep 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Sponge! That is awesome to hear about our goalie being phenominal! I missed our game today b/c of being sick. We are a " new team" as in, a lot of totally new players, so it's a compliment to hear the props. I'll have to tell them....Good on you and congrats on the win.
Kimba

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I guess you were too sick to even show up for the sidelines? :confused:

Hoddies 3 Atomic Kittens 0

I've never been to a Div 4 game where a goalie is doing push-ups in net to keep herself busy during the game. I guess there wasn't enough action around the Hoddies' box :eek:

Captain, perhaps you can teach those ladies that shoulder to shoulder is all part of the game. They have heart alright, but like to complain about every little thing. :(

+SC

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

SC said:
I guess you were too sick to even show up for the sidelines? :confused:

Hoddies 3 Atomic Kittens 0

I've never been to a Div 4 game where a goalie is doing push-ups in net to keep herself busy during the game. I guess there wasn't enough action around the Hoddies' box :eek:

Captain, perhaps you can teach those ladies that shoulder to shoulder is all part of the game. They have heart alright, but like to complain about every little thing. :(

+SC

Funny, that's what they said about the Hoddies. :D

It's really all about angles at the end of the day. :D

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

It sounds like the two teams have a lot in common...it must be their coaching staff's style:D

The Kittens had some nice pass sequences but couldn't close the deal, hense the 'push-ups' the Hoddies' keeper was doing. BTW, if you talk to any one of the Kittys you can pass the message along that a HEAVY lecture was laid down by SC re: the pushups. They won't see that happen ever again :mad:

+SC

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

SC said:
It sounds like the two teams have a lot in common...it must be their coaching staff's style:D

The Kittens had some nice pass sequences but couldn't close the deal, hense the 'push-ups' the Hoddies' keeper was doing. BTW, if you talk to any one of the Kittys you can pass the message along that a HEAVY lecture was laid down by SC re: the pushups. They won't see that happen ever again :mad:

+SC

If they were 'girlie' push-ups, I'm sure they weren't offended. In Tsawwassen, they're able to do proper 'men' push-ups. That might have offended them. :D ;)

flygirlkimba

Sep 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey SC..Yeah..too sick for the sidelines. I have Lyme's Disease, and sometimes my body just says " no". It's cool, on my good days it's all good..My team is great that way....

spongebobhotpants

Aug 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

so flygirl are you the regular keeper cause i knew the one in net yesterday wasn't the same as the summer keeper

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sorry Flygirl, I had no idea. All the best to you. :)

flygirlkimba

Sep 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Sponge..yes I am the keeper from the summer. The one that was in goal actually alternates with me...I've played mid and forward for many years, this summer was my first in goal..( and it showed!!..LOL) I will be taking a goalie clinic to " get some game" finally...I really enjoy the challenge of goalkeeping. Being sick has limited my abilities a bit, but I am fighting for my health hard right now.
SC..no worries..it's all good :>
Take care! Kimba

spongebobhotpants

Aug 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

sfc monsoon 3 golden ears screamin demons 0, nice nifty first goal when the keeper came out to tackle it #9 just took it away and put it in the back of the net usually she just kicks it at the keeper as she did for the rest of the game,, i'm sure the goalie is now well prepared for a dodge ball tourney cause she caught them all,, she was pretty good considering we kept peppering her -they only had a few good chances in our end
good game by both team thought the ref was a little COLD, several players from both teams went down and he just kept the play going quote "oh she's alright" while the player is down, one of ours took one in the face and he kept saying lets go- get up,,one of their players didn't actually go down but she was on one knee and everyone kept screaming "kick it out" (including my coach)so stupidly i do and then they get the throw in
lesson learned here, play the whistle then said player never even came off the field, was that a game tactic for them to get the ball?
all in all beautiful day for soccer

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

spongebobhotpants said:
sfc monsoon 3 golden ears

...the ref was a little COLD, several players from both teams went down and he just kept the play going quote "oh she's alright" while the player is down, one of ours took one in the face and he kept saying lets go- get up

Hey sbhp...did you by chance play at 12pm at China Creek? Sounds surprisingly similiar to our Referee...we played there at 10am

striker14

spongebobhotpants

Aug 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

no we were out in maple ridge,,90 min. game turns into a 3 hour game with all travel time and crap,, but i do think that the refs must have their own playbook that they go by,, he was also pretty strict with the jewelery thing and one of the opposing players had on those velcro sleeve holders and he told her to take them off,, she just about got a card for opposing him, and one of ours had the adaucity to tuck her sleeves in her bra,, ooops thats a big no-non too

sweeper16

Sep 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I used to play on the screamin demons! well, they were the alouettes when I played, then they were in div 3 as well..were they any good?

spongebobhotpants

Aug 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I used to play on the screamin demons! well, they were the alouettes when I played, then they were in div 3 as well..were they any good?
well last year when we played them they were MR Sliders so i guess changing your name doesn't help out the team,, they were ok,, some good players one that could throw farther than my corners but the play was mostly in their end , they do have some seasoned players that i've recognized over the years but maybe we were just faster i do think the field is cursed tho, last time we played them one of our girls was constantly hitting the posts last game she actually put the ball in the equipment box behind the net,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0