Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Division 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Nov '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
Spazz,
I'm puzzled that you played and we didnt'. I'm still trying to figure out who one has to blow to get a field in Richmond :eek:

You kidding? Call the MWSL office, sure they won't turn you away!

We've been crossin our fingers for rainouts as we don't have enough players coming out but we end up playing when everyone else's gets cancelled!

Ask for Honda, it's the only field that's been staying open

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz,

I think the breakdown is between the City Rep and the MWSL...it's beyond the MWSL and they can only do so much. Would you like to swap positions?

+SCwhoisn'tsupposedtobeontheinternettoday :eek:

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since we might actually get in more than one game this weekend, here are my predictions (for what they're worth anyways!!):

Club Ireland B vs. Vancouver Fury - TIE
I'm calling this one a tie based on thier last result (1-1).

Richmond Stingrays vs. Richmond Shooters - TIE 2-2I think the Stingrays will be rusty from no action ;) in 2 weeks, and Spazz's team will be fired up, so I'm calling it a draw

Delta United A vs. Norvan/NSGSC Strikers - Delta wins 3-1
I don't see Norvan pulling off an upset in this one...

As for our match, I'm staying quiet (it's a first I know :D ). I hear that the Rovers did pick up a few new players, but after that boxing match a few weeks ago, they may have already lost a couple of them. Maybe I'll go a couple of rounds on the speed bag at the gym just in case ;) . Should be a good game and I can't wait to get back on the pitch. Felt like the season had just gotten underway, and all of a sudden we hit a brick wall of rain :mad: .

What's up with the broken body Spazz? Balsa been a little rough lately? ;) Seriously though girl, you need to let things heal or you will end up on the injured reserve forever more!! I know you are always happy to take one for the team, but it's supposed to be beers, not body parts :wa: .

Good luck to everyone else (except the Rovers!!). Here's hoping it stays dry for the weekend...

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
munchkin said:
Since we might actually get in more than one game this weekend, here are my predictions (for what they're worth anyways!!):

Club Ireland B vs. Vancouver Fury - TIE
I'm calling this one a tie based on thier last result (1-1).

Richmond Stingrays vs. Richmond Shooters - TIE 2-2I think the Stingrays will be rusty from no action ;) in 2 weeks, and Spazz's team will be fired up, so I'm calling it a draw

Delta United A vs. Norvan/NSGSC Strikers - Delta wins 3-1
I don't see Norvan pulling off an upset in this one...

As for our match, I'm staying quiet (it's a first I know :D ).
Munchkin,

I've been trying not to give my predictions but I think you are way off girl. I give the Stingrays a comfortable win considering Spazz and the gang appear to have a fundraiser the night before. I'll give Norvan the nod over Delta. Club I and the Fury, not sure and you are finally learning, NEVER predict our own game, it's bad luck.

See you tonight at training.

CHAB

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
Munchkin,

I've been trying not to give my predictions but I think you are way off girl. I give the Stingrays a comfortable win considering Spazz and the gang appear to have a fundraiser the night before. I'll give Norvan the nod over Delta. Club I and the Fury, not sure and you are finally learning, NEVER predict our own game, it's bad luck.

See you tonight at training.

CHAB

forgot all about the fundraiser, therefore, I reserve the right to change my mind...Sorry Spazz, it doesn't look good for the win, what with a nasty hangover and all. But I wish you the best of luck, and my sincerest sympathies in advance for how you might be feeling Sunday morning :D . I'm not sure about the Norvan game CHAB. I don't remember Norvan as being dangerous enough to pick on Delta's experience, but of course that could be dependent on what kind of team Delta fields. If they are short numbers, then you could be right, but I say why not live life on the edge a little ;), so I'm sticking with this prediction of a win for Delta.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
munchkin said:
.....I'm not sure about the Norvan game CHAB. I don't remember Norvan as being dangerous enough to pick on Delta's experience, but of course that could be dependent on what kind of team Delta fields. If they are short numbers, then you could be right, but I say why not live life on the edge a little ;), so I'm sticking with this prediction of a win for Delta.
Munchkin,

Don't forget that Norvan beat Delta 4-2 in their 1st game and I saw part of that game. Yes SPAZZ, I also waved at some chick on that team but she totally saw past me:rolleyes:.

CHAB

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions: :D

Club Ireland B vs. Vancouver Fury - Club I 2 (or 3) - 1

Richmond Stingrays vs. Richmond Shooters - I think they have us this weekend.... our #'s have been horrible/missing valuable players and we're all out at fundraisers the night before.... But we won't give up easy!

Delta United A vs. Norvan/NSGSC Strikers - Delta 3-2 Norvan wasn't that strong!

Kerrisdale
can take the Rovers easy! They're not a very good team... we beat them with no subs and we're older and not nearly as fast.... I'll predict 3-1 for the good guys!

I'm still hoping for a rainout.... we need Casper to keep up with the Stingrays.... :(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ****ing league has decided to move OUR home game to the Vancouver Fury's home field AND change the time. Of course there was NO ****ing phone OR a ****ing e-mail. The change occured about 1:15 today.

Conductor,

Did anyone in the league contact the Fury about this and if so, when did they do it? For the record ALL fields in Richmond are open, so the move is absolutely ridiculous. :mad:

Also, 3 phone calls/e-mails have been made/sent to find out why the game has been moved. Of course, no response yet. :( :mad:

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
.....I'm still hoping for a rainout.... we need Casper to keep up with the Stingrays.... :(
SPAZZ,

You lucky plummers, looks like your game vs the Stingrays is cancelled as your field is closed?? You'll have to make your way to our game if you're not hung over:rolleyes:.

CHAB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
The ****ing league has decided to move OUR home game to the Vancouver Fury's home field AND change the time. Of course there was NO ****ing phone OR a ****ing e-mail. The change occured about 1:15 today.

Conductor,

Did anyone in the league contact the Fury about this and if so, when did they do it? For the record ALL fields in Richmond are open, so the move is absolutely ridiculous. :mad:

Also, 3 phone calls/e-mails have been made/sent to find out why the game has been moved. Of course, no response yet. :( :mad:

Mr. Cormack phoned back and wasn't sure why/when it was changed so I am waiting to hear back from the scheduler........Already, 3 players have to leave at half-time thanks to the time/location change........Thanks for coming out. :mad:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy Horseshoes up our asses! :p

Every time we're missing quite a few of our strong players, the game gets cancelled!

All I can say is whew and now we can all rip it up at the fundraisers! :D

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
SPAZZ,
You'll have to make your way to our game if you're not hung over:rolleyes:.
CHAB

I'll use a tree to hold myself up like you did ;) ...... I just might come and check out your team!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Captain, I never recieved any info about the game change from the league either. One of our girls went on the web site to figure out how to get to Manoah Steves park and then saw that the game had been changed to S. Memorial.I agree that this league is a joke at times on how they run it.I won't be there tomorrow as I have my own game. Also for those of you that care, the girl from the Rover's ended up with a 1year suspension and our player got 3 games!!

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
.....Also for those of you that care, the girl from the Rover's ended up with a 1year suspension and our player got 3 games!!
Conductor,

Nice to hear she apparently got what she deserved but if she got a year, then I wasted all my money sending Munchkin for boxing lessons:).

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain/Conductor,

Any score from the sh!tty field, I mean game match-up today???

I'm telling you Spazz, someone isn't doing their field liasing job for MWSL Richmond teams these days :rolleyes:. Raw deal b/c Manoah is in pretty good shape, and doesn't have a baseball diamond impeading the South East corner :mad:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 2 Fury 1

We played a very good first half going up 2 - 0. Our 'direct route football' worked very well, actually leading to both goals. I thought we fully deserved to be up at the half. We had our two youth players and our sweeper is back now from her duties at Langara. I left with about 25 minutes to go in the game, when it was 2 - 0, so I can't comment much on the rest but I believe the Fury pressed for a bit after they scored their goal but the girls gained control again over the last 5 minutes. A very important win for the Hoops in the relegation battle. Well done, ladies.

Tiocfaidh Ar La

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You do have a phone don't you?

Club Ireland 2 Vancouver Fury 1

Went up 2-0 in the first half which was a fair scoreline. Started out the second half well, their keeper made a nice save which prevented the game from getting out of reach when...we brain cramped on a short corner and they got one back. Only a solid stop on a breakaway by our keeper kept the good guys in front. A deserved win and we will take the three points. BTW, their goal came after Captain had left, guess the girls just don't know how to play when he is not there. :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Slurp, slurp - gulp, gulp...

What the **** are you on about now? As a hypocrit who tells others on the site to post on topic.........your post is there for what reason?

Does it have to do with MWSL Division 1? No. So can we have a moderator delete this shite please because super moderator obviously doesn't need to follow the forum rules. Come to think of it, check the SPL thread too as there is another post which is off-topic.

Hypocritsareus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0