Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Division 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Nov '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Division 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct '05

predictions for week 8:

Richmond Stingrays vs. Norvan Strikers

Vancouver Fury vs. Richmond Shooters TIE

Delta United vs. Shamrock Rovers

I won't predict our game, but I do hope we win!! We need a little redemption for last week's loss to the Stingrays. But who knows if we will even be able to play this weekend. The forecast I saw called for rain, rain and a little more rain :mad: .

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Rain, rain go away. come back another day...." What the fcuk, could it rain any harder? It sounds like a torrential storm out here in my portable as it pounds down on the vinyl siding of my cave...As much as I don't mind a wee bit of wet, this is ridiculous :( . I think that the drops are falling so hard it could be hazardous to my health. On that note I say CANCEL training CHAB. I know you take bribes buddy....would a couple of beers do the trick??

Not looking good for the weekend...Maybe we'll get to sleep in both Saturday and Sunday?! One can only hope :D .
munchkin

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
munchkin said:
"Rain, rain go away. come back another day...." What the fcuk, could it rain any harder?

Is it raining? :rolleyes:
This rain is NUTS!!! I am doubting the chance of any footy this weekend either there Munch...and that really sucks!

On a good note...THE MOUNTAINS ARE OPEN!!!!!!!!!! :wa:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond Shooters 2-1 over Shamrock Rovers

Whew, with no subs and a few injuries during the game we still managed to pull off the win with 2 beauty goals!

They tried hard at the end to tie it up but we weren't giving up (though I wanted a sub BAD!) :D

Looks like we play the Stingray's next weekend.... when are we ever going to play Kerrisdale?? :confused:

How'd the other games go?

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz,

Yup, you sure looked like you needed a sub:D. Only caught about 30 minutes worth then had to go as I had my own game Richmond.

Our field was closed the past 2 weeks so we didn't play Delta today. Tends to have lots of standing water in the middle when it rains hard.

I think we play you in 2 weeks at your park.

CHAB

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you catch the begining or end? (the end was looking sloppy but we were done.... just holding our win!)

Can't argue! Hadn't run in 2 weeks and still nursing a strained (knotted) hamstring so I didn't even think I'd make it the whole game!

And then I had asked the ref how much more time and he ignored me, wouldn't tell us! We have no subs and we're just trying to figure out how much time before we drop dead! :D

Pretty or not, we beat them. And they had subs! :p

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definitely the 1st half as I got there and you scored your 1st goal and stayed till the half. Okay, you really must have been tired cuz you looked right at me and I waved to you, twice:rolleyes: I know how you feel, only lasted about 30 minutes myself in my men's game but to be fair, it was my 1st game in 6 weeks b/c both my men's and women's schedules conflict.

Well, they certainly had several players that were new and did not play against us the 1st time.

I don't like to criticize (sp?) refs but this guy maybe moved about 5-10 yards around the centre circle at best, at least in the 30 minutes I saw.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Shore Strikers 2 Club Ireland 0

I didn't see our game against the team the first time through but I heard we struggled against their 9 players. They had a full squad of 16 today and was the best team I have seen in division one this year. :confused: They outplayed us. Simple as that. We worked hard but created NOTHING. They moved the ball very well throughout the game and score their goals with about 20 minutes left....granted they were horrible mistakes on our part, but so be it. That team is going to beat a few more teams the rest of the year IF they have the players they had out tonight.......That is the first game this year where we have been completely outplayed in a football sense. They looked very comfortable on the turf and we didn't. Overall, a good effort from our girls but it wasn't good enough to that particular team on the night.

Things are looking a tight at the bottom now with 6 points separating 3rd and 8th place. It is going to be a real fight until the end to see who avoids relegation.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
North Shore Strikers 2 Club Ireland 0

I didn't see our game against the team the first time through but I heard we struggled against their 9 players. They had a full squad of 16 today and was the best team I have seen in division one this year. :confused: They outplayed us. Simple as that. We worked hard but created NOTHING. They moved the ball very well throughout the game and score their goals with about 20 minutes left....granted they were horrible mistakes on our part, but so be it. That team is going to beat a few more teams the rest of the year IF they have the players they had out tonight.......That is the first game this year where we have been completely outplayed in a football sense. They looked very comfortable on the turf and we didn't. Overall, a good effort from our girls but it wasn't good enough to that particular team on the night.

Things are looking a tight at the bottom now with 6 points separating 3rd and 8th place. It is going to be a real fight until the end to see who avoids relegation.

I wonder if they picked up some new players, or were missing players when we played them, because I obviously don't remember the same team!! Granted Kerrisdale has been getting stronger since the beginning of the year (IMHO), but I just don't remember Norvan being that tough. We scored 2 goals, and I think we should have probably had one more, but lacked some finish. hmm...maybe it is only my memory letting me down! I give the Stingrays top billing in our group thus far because they will be hard to catch, but I know deep in my heart of hearts that they are beatable. We should have at least tied, if not won, both our games against them, but didn't, and that is what's going to kick us in the a** at the end in the standings :mad: . Man, that own goal REALLY HURTS now :eek: .

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
munchkin said:
I wonder if they picked up some new players, or were missing players when we played them, because I obviously don't remember the same team!! Granted Kerrisdale has been getting stronger since the beginning of the year (IMHO), but I just don't remember Norvan being that tough. We scored 2 goals, and I think we should have probably had one more, but lacked some finish. hmm...maybe it is only my memory letting me down! I give the Stingrays top billing in our group thus far because they will be hard to catch, but I know deep in my heart of hearts that they are beatable. We should have at least tied, if not won, both our games against them, but didn't, and that is what's going to kick us in the a** at the end in the standings :mad: . Man, that own goal REALLY HURTS now :eek: .

Munchkin,

I'm guessing they are a much different team we played only because there were very few weaknesses on their team. Their backline had pace, was tough, and could also play the ball out of the back. Like I said, the best I have seen in division one this year. Having said that, the turf really helped them and we were not able to adjust to it.....Other teams playing them, especially teams who are going for promotion, should be careful, if they do in fact keep the same team in tact.......Just a suggestion...

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Division 1] comments

munchkin said:
someone's swimming around in the gutter ;) :D !!

I'm surprised Ralphie has surficed...period!

Spazz,
I'm guessing that you've been practicing with the Shamrocks to study their tactics for when you play against them. I see it worked :D . It also seems as if you're not looking after yourself again and it's frustrating to read that you're not healthy. Are you even trying to rest?

When you finally reach the age of your core team, you'll know that healing is important. Fortunately for you there's a break coming up :). BTW, what field did you play on?
+SC

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Richmond Shooters 2-1 over Shamrock Rovers

Whew, with no subs and a few injuries during the game we still managed to pull off the win with 2 beauty goals!

They tried hard at the end to tie it up but we weren't giving up (though I wanted a sub BAD!) :D

Looks like we play the Stingray's next weekend.... when are we ever going to play Kerrisdale?? :confused:

How'd the other games go?

Spazz,

Which field did you play on?

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Division 1] comments

SC said:
Spazz,
It also seems as if you're not looking after yourself again and it's frustrating to read that you're not healthy. Are you even trying to rest?

When you finally reach the age of your core team, you'll know that healing is important.
+SC

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...phew...HA HA HA HA HA HA
Spazz? Take a rest from footy? HA HA HA HA...I've known Spazz for close to 15 years and it NEVER gonna happen!! Stubborn ol' broad! ;)

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I can stand, I can play! :D My hamstring had just balled up in a knot but with some heat, ice and running it seems to be fine....
We barely get 11 out to game so there's NO REST FOR THE WICKED! ;)

We played on Honda... not bad except for small sandpits in the goal mouths....

We're up against the Stingray's this weekend and my WHOLE team will be feeling the effects of fundraisers the night before so it should be a GONG SHOW (if we can even field 11).....
Let's hope for a rainout again!

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
Definitely the 1st half as I got there and you scored your 1st goal and stayed till the half. Okay, you really must have been tired cuz you looked right at me and I waved to you, twice:rolleyes:

Now that's funny!

I'd been looking to see if Balsa would pull his lazy ass off the couch from Sunday football :rolleyes: and noticed some guy on our sidelines.... then I swore he waved and me so I look around and no one else seemed to acknowledge the weird guy alone on the sideline and then he waves again and I'm thinking WEIRDO there thinks he knows me or something and then I forgot all about it.... ha ha ha ha ha Too funny!
Guess I didn't recognize you! Thanks for coming out! ha ha ha :rolleyes: :D

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz,

That's some true passion. You'd better join ol' Balsa on the couch and get him to massage it out for you then :eek:

I'm puzzled that you played and we didnt'. I'm still trying to figure out who one has to blow to get a field in Richmond :eek:

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
Spazz,

I'm puzzled that you played and we didnt'. I'm still trying to figure out who one has to blow to get a field in Richmond :eek:
SC,

You may want to ask Choker that one :D

There was a sign up that said field closed behind Spazz's bench but apparently, they are as blind as she is;)

CHAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0