Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Division 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Nov '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kerrisdale 0 - Rovers 1

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Not sure if there's enough super cranky faces there to convey my absolute disgust with the outcome of this one.

Tied 0-0 @ half time which was fair. We had more of the play, but didn't finish on our chances. Second half, we made a couple of subs which hurt our flow a little bit, and then our keeper had a tough time picking up the ball, it squirted through her legs, and their striker ran onto it and slotted it. 1-0 Rovers with about 15 keft- fcuk! After that, we just didn't seem to have the intensity or the drive to tie it up. We waited until there was about 8 minutes to show any urgency, but by then it was too late. AAARRRGGHHH. Piss me right off b/c we shouldn't be losing games like this.

Glad to hear your game was cancelled Spazz...I'm sure your liver appreciated it :D . Congrats on your win Cappie. It is going to be a real mucker in the tables with so few points separating 4 or 5 teams, so the 3 pts. will come in handy!

frustratedandapparentlyalittlebitteraboutlosingMunchkin :(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
munchkin said:
Kerrisdale 0 - Rovers 1

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Not sure if there's enough super cranky faces there to convey my absolute disgust with the outcome of this one.

Tied 0-0 @ half time which was fair. We had more of the play, but didn't finish on our chances. Second half, we made a couple of subs which hurt our flow a little bit, and then our keeper had a tough time picking up the ball, it squirted through her legs, and their striker ran onto it and slotted it. 1-0 Rovers with about 15 keft- fcuk! After that, we just didn't seem to have the intensity or the drive to tie it up. We waited until there was about 8 minutes to show any urgency, but by then it was too late. AAARRRGGHHH. Piss me right off b/c we shouldn't be losing games like this.

Glad to hear your game was cancelled Spazz...I'm sure your liver appreciated it :D . Congrats on your win Cappie. It is going to be a real mucker in the tables with so few points separating 4 or 5 teams, so the 3 pts. will come in handy!

frustratedandapparentlyalittlebitteraboutlosingMunchkin :(

Unlucky, Munchkin. We were definitely hoping for a Kerrisdale win..... to keep the Rovers behind us more, as we have to play them one more time........No one is safe at the moment as every team appears capable of beating one another......We NEEDED those 3 points and I figure we will need TWO more wins to stay safe from relegation but having said that, who knows?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stingrays 3 Club Ireland 0

This has been the most misleading scoreline all season for us. We had 11 players today, despite having 17 last week but we'll never make excuses. Our girls were fantastic today for 85 minutes......

We started very positively and earned a corner within two minutes and from the resulting corner for us, we were down 1 - 0 thanks to an own goal. :) Ball was cleared forward from the corner and we had two defenders back marking their one forward......From center their girl pushed the ball forward and then tried to pass to a late attacker. The ball was played about 20 yards from goal in the middle but our other defender tried to clear the ball and it sliced off her foot backwards and spun into the net. It was almost defied physics but it did and we were down 1 - 0. No problem, we'll go on from there. Then 2 minutes later, their midfielder took a shot from about 25 yards, a shot that our keeper normally stops. Not this time. It slipped through her hands and into the net. 2 - 0 and I was worried about a cricket score. BUT we then proceeded to play our best game of the season with our 11 players. We parked ourselves in their half for the remainder of the half only to see their keeper pull off a couple of great stops.

The second half was VERY similar to the start except they started to counter us more because we were getting tired. After having 3 balls cleared of the line in a span of 30 seconds and a breakaway which was fired wide, they scored a brilliant goal. The ball was crossed and our defender partially cleared the ball into the air only to have their player hit a full volley into the top corner. Brilliant goal. We kept plugging along and had ANOTHER shot blocked right in front of goal. I have to say that the Stingrays are nowhere near as strong as the North Shore team we played a couple of weeks ago. Yes, the move the ball well but only when they're allowed to. For the most part, we completely shut them down and played better football ourselves. I am going to say here that we will beat the Stingrays the next time we play them. I'd be very surprised if we didn't based on today's performance. I'm assuming they had their whole team as they had 17 players.......Anyway, so far to date, the North Shore team from two weeks ago has been the strongest team I have seen this year............I'm glad we don't have to play them anymore. ;)

I hope everyone else had good games this weekend.....

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kerrisdale 3 - Shooters 0

Not a bad game for us today. The Shooters gave us a couple of fits in the first few minutes as we couldn't seem to sort out the defensive marking. They managed to create a few chances, and as my check walked around behind me, she pinged one off the post - oops :( . We sorted things out and put more pressure on them and started to play and keep possession. In the first half, Meg scored a nice goal off of some hard work down the wing, and she shot it with purpose into the net. Stayed that way into the break, and deservedly so from the latter part of the half, I thought. Second half, Tonya scored a nice one after beating the keeper to the ball in their 6 yard box, and slid the ball, herself and their defender into the net ;) . Our last goal was scored off an assist by the left side of my chest as it deflected a clearance from our keeper and fell straight to our striker, who ran it down the field for a goal. Overall, not a bad game, but I thought we should have finished with a little more urgency as we seemed to start to settle back a bit. But we are working on it, and it was a way better game than the week before, and it was nice to play against SPazz for the first time this season :D . I saw you out there, but I never even got close enough to say "hi" as you were on the backline and I was too! Maybe next time I'll see if I can venture out upfront for a little while...

Too bad for the loss Cappie. The Stingrays are really beatable and I sympathise with you b/c that is exactly how we felt too after our last game with them (we lost 4-3). They seem to have some last minute reserve of energy and keep beating teams by scoring goals very late in the game. I'm sure you'll get them next time (and thanks in advance if you do b/c that helps us too!) :D .

How'd everyone else do?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our game against Delta today reminded of an old Clint Eastwood movie "the Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" only thing for us is we didn't even have The Good part in it.We our a team looking at a one way ticket to relagation.Having not practiced in the last 2 weeks definitely showed today.The funny thing is I personally don't think we are the worst team in the division. We have talent and can play decent soccer but if we never score all the other stuff means nothing.We have 5 games left in league and I believe we need to win at least 3 of those to stay up!!Delta is a decent team that work hards, and can also score on there chances. They deserved the victory today! The Conductor hates losing especially when the team starts to accept it :mad: !!

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
The Conductor hates losing especially when the team starts to accept it :mad: !!
If it is any consolation, I would agree that you guys are way better than your record. A win here and there in a tight division can make all the difference.

I highly doubt you will finish in last place. If all teams are tight at the end of the year, I am sure they will look at the other two Div. 1 pools and drop the teams with lowest points overall and it depends on how many Div. 2 teams they promote.

Head up Conductor, it's a long season and many games yet to be played.:)

CHAB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
Our game against Delta today reminded of an old Clint Eastwood movie "the Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" only thing for us is we didn't even have The Good part in it.We our a team looking at a one way ticket to relagation.Having not practiced in the last 2 weeks definitely showed today.The funny thing is I personally don't think we are the worst team in the division. We have talent and can play decent soccer but if we never score all the other stuff means nothing.We have 5 games left in league and I believe we need to win at least 3 of those to stay up!!Delta is a decent team that work hards, and can also score on there chances. They deserved the victory today! The Conductor hates losing especially when the team starts to accept it :mad: !!

Conductor,

There are still 6 teams who can be relegated......The standings are so tight and I'm thinking the same way as you. We NEED to win 3 of our games to guarantee that we're going to stay up. That will be very difficult since we are playing the top 3 teams and the Shamrock Rovers who beat us last time. We also play the Shooters and they'll be gunning for us because things are so tight in the standings....The league is VERY tight which is good but there certainly isn't room for error in a short 14 game season.......Good luck the rest of the year....

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The snow is gone, the Premier thread is in shambles ( ;) ), so it's time to get this thread back in gear!! Since I am not ashamed to say that can't predict my way out of a paper bag, I'm going to let someone else start all the fun....Choker? Funbox? CHAB? Cappie? Anyone?

I'm thinking everyone's going to be a little rusty after 2 weeks off, so it probably won't be pretty whatever the results :p !

I'm not looking forward to delayed onset muscle soreness after this weekend...
munchkin

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it just me (and old age ;) ) that finds it too cold to play right now?? It's rare for me NOT to want to play but it's damned cold out there and I don't want to run around and freeze my toes.... tits.... (you name it) off! :D

My prediction is no games cause I'm praying for snow (again)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0