Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Div1 2004 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

go for it

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, well, well....very interesting when this time of year comes 'round eh? I am shocked that PCOV beat Ajax! Good for you gals. I agree CHAB though, Ajax and Club I. are the top two teams this season. Too bad we didn't get to see them battle it out. Hope the final two teams gives us a good show!

Cappy....F.Y.I. the "older" team (redsocks) you're talking about ARE skillful....they have some (8 or so) EX premier and a few national players. So, give them credit for what they can still dish out. With age brings experience. Hey, they're still in the championship round aren't they?
I think our Div. 1C is/was one the tough side. The top 4, even 5 teams are good if not very good on any given day. On game day, it was "anyones" to take.
Just my opinion.....

Gopher

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cappy....F.Y.I. the "older" team (redsocks) you're talking about ARE skillful....they have some (8 or so) EX premier and a few national players. So, give them credit for what they can still dish out. With age brings experience. Hey, they're still in the championship round aren't they?

And you're point is what? I said they played well as a team and worked very hard. Yes, they have ex-this and ex-that, but that doesn't make them a SKILLFUL team. A good team yes and are you denying that they're 'older'? I gave them credit and it might be useful to re-read my post. They worked hard and ended up in the right end of the scoreboard. Congratulations, Red Socks and good luck in the championship round.

BTW, sorry for having an opinion. My mistake.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
The Shamrock Rovers vs. Delta United was a great game to catch..... Delta just squeaked in the winning goal in the last few minutes with a score of 2-1 (heard Delta scored an own goal?? Musta been that roarin fundraiser the night before!)

It was an OK fundraiser.... :p

Congrats to the DMU Ladies. ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 0 SBAA Ajax 0

It sounds like a boring game but it was definitely the most competitive game we have been in this year. Both teams fielded full squads and the game was intense for the full 90 minutes. They have some dangerous players(who weren't there last time we played them) but we matched them in all aspects of the game. We had two breakaways and hit the crossbar with 2 minutes left, while playing a 2 - 3 - 5 system. :D Our defense and goalkeeper were absolutely fantastic. Apparently, they have a couple of university players(?) but our two full-backs gave them everything they could handle. The field was small(Honda), so a lot of the game was in the midfield. Last time we played them, they dominated the midfield, so we made a few adjustments and went toe to toe. Congrats to SBAA who played a good hard game and congrats to our girls who had an outstanding year in our first year in division one.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where's the post about Kerrisdale beating Wickham?? :D

Maybe I'll swing out to watch your final game....

We got killed Saturday 4-0 but it should have ended at 2-0 but we gave up and did a goalie switch resulting in score that seems worse than the game actually was..... :(

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Where's the post about Kerrisdale beating Wickham?? :D

Hey Spazz,

Was kinda waiting for Munchkin to post as I value my life if I make the wrong comment. I do remember I am dealing with women. Basically, very good parts and very bad parts to the game. I will just say that defensively, we were obviously lacking as evidence of the 4 goals against. Hell of a game though (of course if we lost I would not be saying that). We scored 3 minutes into the game and went up 3-1 but Wickham got one before the half to make it 3-2. They then scored 2 quick goals to go up 4-3 and I sunk back into my chair as the players had to get themselves out of it. We then tie it with 17 minutes left. I believe with 3 minutes left, we scored off a corner kick scramble and the ball landed right in front of one of my players who shouldn't and didn't miss from that close in. That about sums it up. If we have any hope of beating West Van, we have to tighten up defensively as team and as a back 5 (GK and 4 defenders). I know that I have 4 players I didn't have the last time we played them so I know they won't be prepared for us.

I'll let Munchkin or Gopher chime in when they feel like it. Spazz, join us on the sidelines if you're there. ;)

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
Hey Spazz,

I'll let Munchkin or Gopher chime in when they feel like it. Spazz, join us on the sidelines if you're there. ;)

WOO HOO...what a game!! If you were looking for a goal fest, than this was the game to watch. Both sides struggled defensively that is for sure. Wickham had one particularly dangerous player who was very fast and kept giving us fits, and kudos to them, they didn't give up the whole game. But then again, neither did we :D . When we lost our 3-1 lead and ended up down 4-3, I was afraid we were done in, but our team kept battling and worked hard to tie it up and eventually get the win. I was VERY glad that we didn't have to go into OT b/c I honestly don't know how much we had left in the tank, so that was a good thing. I know from being on the backline on Sunday that as a team, our defending was not what it should have been as we are capable of way better. On a positive, our attacking seemed to be firing on all cylinders for a change, and the score could have been even higher for us. We definitely have some things to work on, but it felt really good to pull out a win the last 2 games...gives us a good run to end the year on. Bring on Burnaby!! It is only a make up game, but bring it on anyways ;) .

Congrats on your good game Cappie...sounds like both teams had a great battle. Do you know if both or either of you are going to be promoted?
Muncher

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Munchkin,

With this league, you never know. There is nothing written in stone so I don't know. Ajax has one more game, which they will likely win, so we would both be tied in points. They would win based on goal difference I suppose. Our division two will win the league if it wins this Sunday, so they might not want both of our teams in the same division. Who knows? Will we see you at the St. Patrick's night on Friday?

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If anybody is still around, here is the Championship schedule if you want to catch some games on April 3rd

South Surrey Athletic Park

Field 5
10 am Div. 2 Consolation Semiahmoo United vs North Shore Strikers
12 pm U-21 Championship ICSF Inter vs Norvan/NSGSC Speed
2 pm U-21 Consolation Norvan/NSGSC Outlaws vs Port Moody Mayhem

Field 6
10 am Classics Consolation Westside Red Devils vs Greg's Classics
12 pm Div. 4 Consolation Bombastic B vs Maple Ridge United

Field 7
10 am Classics Championship Haney Heat vs Surrey Saints
12 pm Div. 2 Championships Norvan/NSGSC Hearts vs Abbotsford Mariners
2 pm Premier Championship Sportstown UBC vs Coquitlam City

Field 8
10 am Div. 1 Consolation Kerrisdale vs West Van Storm
12 pm Div. 1 Championship Bby Canadians Tigers vs (Dukes or Metro Ford)
2 pm Div. 4 Championship Vancouver Spurs vs Wolfs

Field 10
10 am Div. 3 Consolation Hyack Royals vs Norvan/NSGSC Storm
12 pm Premier Consolation SBAA Saints vs Westside Renegades
2 pm Div. 3 Championship Columbia Bearcats vs (Langley Cyclones or Bombastic A)

I hope that is all correct. Okay, I'm done for the year. I'm sure Munchkin will report in after the West Van Storm Game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Burnaby beat North Shore Red Sox. I always thought Burnaby was a decent team. We certainly had a couple of tough games against them. They are young and quick and lots of subs. Well done to Burnaby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0