Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Men moving to Summer?

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know who it was you were speaking to Ghouse, but the Senior Leagues decided in a meeting on September 20th in Victoria that we were no longer pursuing this idea.

The main issue was around the difficulty in getting the fields required in the summer. This discussion is off of the table for all levels of senior soccer.

And that is why you will never win anything

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I told you back in September the problem preventing this issue. It is very difficult to get fields. I have discussed this with at least one league president.

Most of Europe runs a fall and winter schedule. Germany takes a winter break. There is nothing wrong with our fall and winter schedule.

As kids we all grew up playing on gravel fields in shorts. I think the current generations are encouraged to be pussies. Ooooh, no turf time, oooooh it is too cold. BS. We played in the cold and the wet and loved it because we did not know any better.

And Larsson, remember that Hargreaves had to go to Germany to become the player that he has become. Calgary had nothing to do with it.

Merry Christmas.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fields are available in summer I know I just booked mine and it easyer than winter by far.
Who cares what they are doing in Europe in the winter this is Canada. Canada does not play soccer in the winter.(only we do out here ).We need to unite as one,to make us stronger.
We also walked up hill both ways in the winter,,till we learned to drive. Its not about the Kids playing in the winter,,Its the parents who dont want to stand in the cold and rain to watch or drive them to the training/game times. No one is a pussy,,they are just cold and wet and if they had a choice,,they would choose Summer.
Please before you get bent out of shape,,I like winter soccer,I like summer soccer too.. The whole point of this is we out here in BC have to do something to be able to send our best team at that paticular time to the Nationals..We have a Provincial Champion,,But that team is the Best 6 months before the Nationals,,So much changes in 6 months,that they usually are not our best come Nationals week.
Schooling,Injuries,work,holidays and most of all they havent played together competitavely in 6 months. Thats a whole new season away.
We have to do something or that soccer hotbed of NewFoundland will beat or tie us again.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oranje ya muppet how did Owen learn his trade to make it in germany. man ur stupid i guess, when he was in germany all of a sudden he became good and made the squad. typical guys like you that are narrow minded and really have no clue about football..... as for changing to summer that is the only way this country will get better if everyone is on the same league schedule..Now, if a former TD of the English FA comes to canada to become our TD and then quits because canada does not have there shite together because of bc not having the same schedule as the rest of the country we must be doing something wrong. Again your a idiot Merry X-mas

Dizou

Nov 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All you need is 1 or 2 fields, how about Adanac or Hastings bowl, South Memorial? The VMSL can't find 2 fields that can host 5 games a week??(assumign the premier league stays at 10 games)???? Fields also last longer in the summer with less rain.

I've been in Calgary for a couple of years now and the leagues work well. Indoor season from Nov to Mar, Outdoor May to August, and yes the Callies are that good, this is their Golden Generation of players.

If BC wants to compete with the team coming out of Alberta every year they'd better change provincials. 2 years ago Columbus was fantastic in May, and then in provincials weren't nearly as good. Having said that, the Callies aren't that great 3 weeks into their season either....

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dizou your right! but unfortuantely these muppets are playing there seasons like the european leagues so they must be better then the rest of the country! it is just unfortunate they have not won anything lately

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't the Callies finish dead last in 2004? Is that considered lately? I don't think BC has ever finished dead last?

The only reason the Callies are doing so well now is because BC sent them our best footballer. Right Larsson?

:D

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dead last which was 10th best team in the country still not bad but i was in BC at the time and i believe i scored the goal to beat pegasus the first game back from Nationals at clinton park i hope that answers your question lol

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Erm, no it doesn't but my bad for expecting anything else (Peg beat MetroFord 2-0 @ Mundy first game back... first win of the year :D and maybe last :()

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
if we move to summer we call all find the time to make music videos in the winter like larsson

Last edited by a moderator:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why move to Summer?

posted by: "trademark saying" muppet
Now, if a former TD of the English FA comes to canada to become our TD and then quits because canada does not have there shite together because of bc not having the same schedule as the rest of the country we must be doing something wrong.
Or, he doesn't care enough to stick around and fix things! Maybe he's just a lazy cnut that has gotten really fat over the years and can't be bothered working hard to get back to his "glory days". Rather than moaning, groaning and quitting, he should just get about his job and improve the situation! :rolleyes:

As far a BC moving to summer, we already have the PCSL, maybe the CSA should just focus on it more? In the winter the FVSL is doing a good job of improving the product by encouraging teams to affiliate with youth clubs and then have them get their own fields. The organization side is improving and more local players are staying in the valley. The VMSL is losing it big time and other than 3 or 4 clubs, rely on city allocations to get games at high school turf pitches with no facilities! That is only the begining!
Look for a super league or lower mainland league to develope in the next few years. Then insted of the old ethnic teams (all playing out of east van) having a big portion of the talent, players will remain more regional and represent the club(s) they grew up with.

Only focusing on playing in the summer would be a huge mistake. Playing all year round and taking advatage of our weather (it never snows here) :rolleyes: is our biggest asset. If europe does it (and that's where the best players in the world play) then we should continue to follow that traditional season. I mean, could you imagine how bad Hargreaves would be if he didn't play outside until May! ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the solution is somewhere in the middle, as JC as alluded to.

Long term, we need to be on the same schedule as the rest of the country. It’s a no brainer on so many levels. This needs to apply to at least the “Elite” levels (Premier, and youth Metro Levels, Rep). Longer daylight hours, increased accessibility to fields, less closure due to inclement weather, and better field conditions all support this argument.

And, let’s face it…the elite level player needs to be going 10 of 12 months if they are taking the competition seriously. These players don’t care about what they are missing in summer, same way elite hockey players don’t care about the skiing and other fun they miss in the fall / winter / spring. Allow a month long break Dec 15 – Jan 15 in the winter, plus another month between winter and summer seasons. From that standpoint, there should be a shift in the schedule of the championships leading to nationals, w/ the PCL developing into a “Super League” w/ the top Premier clubs.

The rest of us can carry on w/ the regular schedule, even w/ the winter Premier leagues staying as they are now, w/ the goal at the end of the winter season being to maintain their spot in the summer premier league.

One thing is for certain…the current system does nothing to help us moving forward. If we aren’t progressing, we’re moving backwards. One just needs to look at BC’s record in the Nationals to realize this. Even when Peg won, they focused solely on that championship at the cost of their VMSL Premier spot. They peaked at the right time, but I’m sure it wasn’t w/ out great sacrifice by those players to stay sharp and maintain their training through the summer. Regs- care to comment on that summer, and what you guys did to prepare?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree on takeing advantage of playing all year round but the provincials should finnish 2 weeks before the nationals to send our best team at that time.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guiness i would say VMSL and FVSL has dropped a level if your considered a elite player lol

Untill BC goes summer you guys will not be able to compete at nationals. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fack sakes larsson, pull your head out. What about the Nova Scotia teams? What about Quebec? What about Ontario for Christ sake? You seem to think changing the schedule for BC is the end solution for us, but what about the other 6 or 7 other provinces that get shellacked EVERY year they show up at Nationals? What is there issue? They play in the summer don't they? They have "super" leagues and condensed soccer populations don’t they? Is it Azzi's fault they suck at Nationals too? Come on water boy, please explain why they never seem to win.

The lower mainland (VMSL/FVSL) should, IMHO,adopt 1 Premier league. All the teams in 1 league all the best adult players on 10 teams and the rest playing Div 1 then, god forbid, rec. soccer. Problem is half the current hierarchy refuses to let go, and the suggestion of them being Div 4 or even 5 is an insult to them. They’d much rather be 7th place in Div 1C. It’s ridiculous the politics holding lower mainland soccer hostage from improving at a senior level.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knob,

Man your not so bright you never were a good player and sure do not know the game( i hope ur not coaching). As for ontario they won the nationals 3 years ago and recently PEI beat BC for 3rd place hahaha muppet. Those are just 2 examples
but what about the other 6 or 7 other provinces that get shellacked EVERY year they show up at Nationals?
man ur a smart one! Here is some more help for you KNOB! Past winners last 10 years

1998-RDP Concordes ,Quebec
1999-Calgary Celtic SFC (Callies)
2000-Lucania Soccer Club,Manitoba
2001-King of Donair, Nova Scotia
2002-Sons of Italy, Manitoba
2003-Calgary Callies
2004-Pegasus FC, BC OMG!
2005-Scarborough GS United, Ontario
2006-Ottawa St. Anthony Italia, Ontario
2007-Calgary Callies
2008-Calgary Callies

Seems as if so the provinces you mentioned that get (how did u say it) "shellacked EVERY year" are winning!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0