Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Masters BC Provincial Draw 2009

Final Four Power Rankings: Who should be #1?

• Columbus FC

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • UVIC Alumni

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Westside

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • West Van FC

Votes: 22 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can keep focusing on Coach's Blazer or worry about today.
hos
I can only focus on that avatar of yours. Sweet!:) Reg's, kill the Bronco and banana, we need an "O" face.

But come on. I really think that in Coach's mind, Ranger success has put him in that Blazer. Pleeeeease:D I'm sure if you won the BC's and Western's again, Coach would be wearing a 3-piece suit the following year.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good luck, you guys are the team to beat now.
I think WestVan is. They knocked off the best playoff team and are solid in the back. I know they want us to win today. They have something to prove.

I was hoping you guys would win so, if we won today, we would have another chance to play you. WestVan is dangerous right now.

Do any Delta boys post? Can you please send info on their key players?

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFC started physical but some actually went out of there way to avoid going into some tackles against them. For a big team SFC sure were complaining a lot about the physical play....Posted by WAB.

Are you for real ??? Wilkie was playing with a craked bone in his foot and he and all the others got into thier tackles all day. Sorry WAB but avoiding tackles and whining about physical play??? Give your Rose Coloured Glasses a shake for once! We lost to a team that wanted it a bit more that day.

But to hear you come on hear a call some of my players out for" avoiding tackles " is completely untrue.

We have gone to War with West Van before and it always turns out to be a hard fought match...Just like the game where we beat you at Newton last year.

You have some very good players WAB and alot of nice guys on your team..How they got stuck with a Leader like you is absolutley insane.

I would pay money to replay the tape from last year of your players Upstairs talking about the crap your team has to put up with!

You are the same guy who when our team first started came out to the Westburn Tourney and started saying shite about our players and Ian Mclean was going to rip your head off!

Sapp has had a great year...A very good year! But no chance were my players backing down last night and avoiding "Some Physical Play"

Well done Sir M...Good Luck and again i hope you guys win it all. Classy Group!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quote of the Match last night:

(Right after HOS made the blinder save with a couple of minutes to go)...

Jua: "How come you never made any saves like that when you played for Peg CJ?" :p

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFC started physical but some actually went out of there way to avoid going into some tackles against them. For a big team SFC sure were complaining a lot about the physical play....Posted by WAB.

Are you for real ??? Give your Rose Coloured Glasses a shake for once!
A few guys commented about it on the sidelines. 2nd half. It was just a couple of times and it was the smaller players. The rest of the boys dished it out and received.

We have gone to War with West Van before and it always turns out to be a hard fought match...Just like the game where we beat you at Newton last year.
Consumed with Sapp. Wasn't that last year?

You have some very good players WAB and alot of nice guys on your team..How they got stuck with a Leader like you is absolutley insane. I would pay money to replay the tape from last year of your players Upstairs talking about the crap your team has to put up with!
We got rid of the whiners. We are a better team, and why they stayed with my club when they could have gone anywhere says a lot about the leadership at Sapp.

You are the same guy who when our team first started came out to the Westburn Tourney and started saying shite about our players and Ian Mclean was going to rip your head off!
Still waiting for that day. He has had 15 years and ample opportunities. Isn't that water under the bridge or is it still vengence you all want?

Sapp has had a great year...A very good year! But no chance were my players backing down last night and avoiding "Some Physical Play"
How you throw Sapp and your WestVan game into the same thought shows your obsession with Sapp.

BTW, since you're making excused about injuries to Barry & Wilkie last night, and talking about last year. Last year Arnie Meers, Sully both couldn't play, and I was injured as well.:p

flapperjack

Mar 25, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nanaimo 1 - Mission 0

Great game with chances at both ends. Keepers were the standouts in this one. Only goal came from a long corner headed back into the box for a one timer. After that the Mission keeper kept the game close saving a pk and breakaway in the last 20 minutes.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nanaimo 1 - Mission 0

Great game with chances at both ends. Keepers were the standouts in this one. Only goal came from a long corner headed back into the box for a one timer. After that the Mission keeper kept the game close saving a pk and breakaway in the last 20 minutes.

Well done Millsy, unfortunate on the loss in what sounded like a stellar performance.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky Mission.
Tough going to the Island.
Eh Taxman? :D

Very fair asssessments all round with respect to our game last night.

Our manager Larry summed it up well - 'Someone had to lose that one'.

Proud of our guys.
Thought Ian, Richie and CJ were fantastic.

That said, full marks to West Van.
The better team on the night and a class side.

Some notable observers last night in the corner which is always cool to see.
Especially one of the best refs ever making his way out to watch.
Hi Rene! ;)

Speaking of officiating.
I thought as much as we whined (WAB) ;) overall I liked how the ref let both teams play and thought the assistant referees were also top notch on the line.

Disappointed with the Bear Cubs.
No whiskey, no quaich, no goodbyes...
Gutted with that.
That, and how MBE dodged any kind of conversation and eye contact.
Just because I don't wear pink polo shirts with the collar turned up and drive a Porsche or Audi doesn't mean you blow me off.
Maybe we'll see you guys at the Ethnic Tourney?
Special shout out to Besty and Brolly who accepted me for the Surrey skid that I am and humoured me anyhow.

Cheers lads and best of luck to West Van the rest of the way,
RF

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some notable observers last night in the corner which is always cool to see.
Especially one of the best refs ever making his way out to watch.
Hi Rene!

Very surprised Rene went to watch a West Van game!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now RF, you know I love ya. The bear cubs are both seriously whipped these days.

Sad really.

I was out at the Westside Roma game this AM (go figure, standing with Rene). Roma were up 1-0 into the second half when a WS player kind of lost his mind, took a straight red, walked over to his car and drove off with 43 minutes left. Westside woke up and scored 4 straight with 10 men after that.

4-1 final, and Westside are through. The loss of that player will not help them in the next round.

Sir M.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sad really.
I was out at the Westside Roma game this AM (go figure, standing with Rene). Roma were up 1-0 into the second half when a WS player kind of lost his mind, took a straight red, walked over to his car and drove off with 43 minutes left.
Sir M.

Freddy, wtf? Perhaps Catlif wouldn't sub off when he was asked to. :D

WAB 5 for 5 in predictions

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 4 - Roma 1
Well, we did it again, gave away a goal early, and then relied on Merks for another brilliant save. Aside from that we were all over them with chances on the 1 yard line and closer. I thought it was going to be one of those bad voodoo games. Then early in the second half, we take an undisciplined red. Crap. But, it was our free kick from the red-event - great cross in with Arty finishing. We then went on to score three more. Good bunch of guys, Roma. On to Nanaimo and our old friend, Red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0