Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Manchester United / Celtic in Seattle ...

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We all know we will stuff Rangers and by no means was I arguing that we could not use two players. Maloney is definetly ready to take his place amongst the starting eleven and hopefully will get the chane to. As far as Miller goes he looked good but to be honest that was only the second time I have seen him play. So I will pass judgement on him after I have seen him play a couple more times. But atleast the youth program seems to be producing players and that is exactly what we need.

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, we almost agreed there. :) Celtic will win the league by 11 points this year, one point for every 10 million pounds the Forces of Darkness are in debt. We still need a play maker though. Petrov is too inconsistent, Lennon is a rubbish distributer of passes more than 5 yards,and Lambert's a plugger. We NEED someone soon......

Captain

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steve, I never called Douglas a ****. That was the lads behind me. I may have thrown a few wankers Thompsons way but wasn't everyone. Quite frankly I was trying to be on good behavoir as my cousin was with me and I was trying to delay his intro. to the glorouis goings on at a football match. I wasn't nearlyas bad as Walks and the boys though I tended to help out if they started one.

By the Way, Douglas is a cnut;)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Douglas is a cnut!!!

Yeh that was me every five minutes!!!:D That was the only time I've ever wanted to fit in with the Celtic faithful... Isn't that what they call him week in and week out??? In no way was it a piss take or a slight o Douglas' performance... From the drunkin state I was seeing the match from, I could barely slur out anything worth recognizing (other than Douglas is a cnut)... :rolleyes:

All in all, a fabulous day and evening... We (The PAU Nation) hit the tailgate parties around 6pm... Got into the stadium around 7pm to see a bit of a warm up and to get in and spend $100 US on bevies!!! (I did anyway)... I brought my Canada flag (actually as a bit of a piss take) with me for many reasons :
1. There were more Canucks there than Yanks, Scots or Englishmen put together!!!:p
2. Canada is a Football powerhouse!!!:rolleyes:
3. So the supporters travelling to Seattle from over seas knew I wasn't a fcuking Yank...;)
4. I'd be able to hide my United jersey if they shat the bed!!!:eek:

To confirm Sensei's comments, Reedy was sitting a section over from us with his bird... I guess Regs Avatar is somewhat accurate??? "Birds love Peg", because Reedy was wearing his Peg kit!!! :eek:

Like Captain I had a different opinion of the match after I watched it sober yesterday... Only it didn't have anything to do with Celtic being better than they looked pished!!! Man Utd. humped the Hoops in all area's... Thompson should never have taken the PK in the first place (the one I forgot was even awarded until I saw it on the TV replay)... He is a nice player, but I'd think Larrson would be their man from the spot??? Ah well, I guess it all just confirmed Rangers will win the League again and Captain will owe me pints in the Nation's Cup beer garden again next year!!! :cool:

Cheers to Walks for setting it all up and to the bird in Pioneer Square for flashing the Cops as they rodein on Horses!!! That was a classic... She thought they were moving in to split up the party and in reality the police were magic having a laugh with all of the supporters!!! Funny as fcuk!!!:D

Stillhung, Guinness:knvb: :wa: :bronco:

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Parkhead/Captain

For fcuks sakes you two, your defense of a shite Celtic performance/team is ridiculously boring. It was the same as listening to the two of you on Saturday at the beer garden....it's no wonder I went for a little nap.... By Sunday I was convinced to take some tickets to this match, but then quickly snapped out of it by Monday evening - would not be worth the three week headache from hearing endless Celtic excuses. Granted, they did look good for 9 minutes :eek: . Simply outclassed and completely horrible at the back. The only thing worse than their performance was having to listen to Giorgio Chinaglia try and mutter out English sentences that were understandable - I think I made out one all fcuking night. Cheers.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a night ......

Simply fcuking magic is all I can muster at this point.

No need for another analysis of the game as it's all been said already.

A few magic moments for Walks (both at the end of the game).

1. United players doing a lap around the pitch clapping all the fans - sheer fcuking class that is.

2. A mate of mine played with Hull City a few years back and told me he was good mates with Roy Carroll there. After the match as the players were about to go through the tunnel, he goes down and squeaks his way through to the fence. Carroll walks by and my mate calls for him. Caroll walks over to him, shakes his hand and his first words were 'Where are we going tonight ?'. They have a brief chat and a laugh then Roy takes his shirt off and hands it over to my mate. Needless to say, he was walking around with a huge fcuking grin the rest of the night (wearing the shirt of course :D ).

3. As we were walking out of our section, I hear a call from above and it's Danny Jones. I knew he was bringing the family down and he's got his two boys beside him. They were all decked out in United kit and all 3 of them had smiles that went from ear to ear. Magic ..........

Cheers to knvb for the ride down and the constant laughs throughout the day and night. Fantastic ...........

Most pissed TTP'er in the Seattle area : no question .......... Guinness :wa:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks, I've said it 100 times already, but thanks very much for the organized debacle. Tremendous job getting us all down there. It's going to cause more therapy but one of the 3 best memories of my life (thus far) will include your ugly gob. Cheers anyway.

The game has been well covered, but after party left a bit to be desired I saw more Really Uugly Fat Chicks in one night with the the crew I went with than I EVER care to again. I'll leave their identities anonymous to protect the innocent but I think a few of them will never clap again. A million and one laughs though. Thanks allot guys. I'd do it all over again in a second as long as I don't have to be any of yours wing man. :D

Has anyone seen a brown polyester shirt?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Downtown/Guinness/Buckfast/other blue noses,

You're going to say nothing different, so all your 'analysis' is most certainly moot . As I stated, Celtic was shite in the back, especially in the first half. United finished their chances and that's it. Shove your analysis up your hole because that's where it should stay. :eek:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done mate .......

It'd be wrong really for the Captain to make his 5,000'th post without slagging off Rangers. I'm in shock :rolleyes:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks

To take a tip from the captain, I have determined that I may have been a pretty slashed TTPer:
Most pissed TTP'er in the Seattle area : no question .......... Guinness
But in no way was I too hammered...
As the good Captain pointed out to me after your early Sunday morning shenanigans last weekend... "If you notice how pissed someone else is, you can't be that drunk"...;) Probably the best advise I've received in the last few days!!!

Next up: K-Town:knvb: :wa: :bronco:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not much to say that hasn't already been said. Everything was just fantastic. Met a couple more TTPers including Dude-where's-my-allegedly-great-haircut. Good guy. Should be a motivational speaker;) Anyway, I'm pretty sure I gave you a run for the pished title, Guinness. Arrived in Seattle around 2pm, parked the truck and hit downtown for six hours of pre-game drinking. Went to the front of the line and stooged my way directly into the stadium. What the hell were all you fcukers lined up for anyways? Drank myself silly, then sillier at the game followed by partying at some bar where I ate half a raw hamburger and pulled a bird simultaneously followed by more drinking/philosophizing until 4:30am at which point my body completely shut down. Left for home at 7:30am and upon arriving there puked my guts out for about half an hour. Good times, good times. Mickster, what's that chick's name again? I'm sure if I could remember anything I would never forget it. Feck.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
another Idiot???

knob,

Pleasure having you along for the trip. I must admit, I had no idea you were employed by the Surrey tourism department, but I'll be sure to forward along a letter of thanks to your employers. Your initiative in taking a group of unassuming Richmond lads for an hour long tour of your community was an unexpected treat for which I must thank you. You, my kind sir, went above and beyond your call of civic duty.

Roy Carrol's jersey proved to be an interesting draw back at the pub following the match, but it paled in comparison to the magnetism of "the brown polyester shirt". Good times, good times ;)

Wish we could do it all over again tomorrow. Wait, how many sleeps until Kamloops? :D

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game, good stadium, good fun. Maybe the Man U fans can learn a new song for the next game which would in fact double their songbook contents. Too bad Celtic didn't have anything to sing about guess thats why we "can't hear a fcuking thing!!"

Spud you lush, better hurry up and remember her name by tomorrow night cause I think she'll be there. I'll give you a hint, it starts with a "V"....... and I don't think its Virgin...... Glad you were able to hold off and not puke til you got home. Fun, fun, fun!!

Guinness, was that you standing on stadium chairs blocking the views of the women and children for up to 6 rows behind you......class act:rolleyes: Have another drink

Mick

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Little Guinny

Mickster,

You must be confused, Guiness is four foot nothin and wouldn't block his own seat if he was standing on it;) ;) But for such a wee man he sure can be heard singing the same frickin song for two straight hours.

Walks,

Truly a fantastic job of organizing that event and like the rest of the mob, Thanks!! I treated myself to a few beverages that evening and the last two days have been a blur!! I can't remember making it to work this morning, let alone how I crossed the border yesterday.

Leanonly8daystotheloops:D

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mickster/Lean

Settle down lads...
In no way, shape or form did I claim sitting at a football match was an act I'd consider!!! Yes I was a loud singing bastard (with Sage in tow), and yes I stood on my chair, but hell they don't serve pints at football matches in Europe for a reason...;) :D
It was a great night and if Mickster thinks I need to gain more class for singing and enjoying myself then maybe he needs to get out little more??? You must be a Celtic supporter!!!
"Get tae Fcuk mate"!!!:eek:
Lean, I was standing on cainy's shoulders, so I covered at least the seat behind mine!!!:rolleyes:

Nofuncityhasareputationfromdulloldbastardswithoutaclue
:knvb: :wa: :bronco:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lean, please be sure to add me to your mates picture list. PM me when you have them and I'll send you my addy.

Cheers.

BTW, Dude, thanks for the new bump on my ear from the fcuking M&M you whipped at me. Like they weren't obvious enough already. :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps political correctness......or just proving my points....?

Keane and Fergie offer solace
Stephen Sullivan

Manchester United may have run out comfortable winners at the Seattle Seahawks’ stadium last night, but their manager and captain proved every bit as gracious in victory as Martin O’Neill had in defeat.

Indeed, far from rubbing salt in the wounds of their beaten opponents, both Alex Ferguson and Roy Keane afforded generous praise to O’Neill and his humbled players, with the former adamant that Celtic shouldn’t give up on their dreams of a return to the summit of European football.

"They’ve definitely got a lot of good ingredients,” said the United boss. “For one, they’ve got a good appetite for it and, in Larsson, a lad who’s a real handful - one of the top 10 strikers in Europe. They have a team which is organised and enthusiastic, and I think they can do well (in Europe).

"Last year’s performance was outstanding; they beat some great teams, and it was a tremendous run. They don’t need to find a lot if they keep to that level. They also have the same players as last season and, while they’ve not bought anyone in, they have a continuity of staff that’s important.”

Of course, such sentiments will undoubtedly be viewed with a sceptical eye, even judged by some to be an insincere, if diplomatic, assessment of Celtic’s current state. However, Ferguson was joined in his praise of O’Neill’s team by his dressing room lieutenant, who, having hailed the Hoops as ‘an excellent team with an excellent manager’, claimed their only problem will be in attracting, and paying for, the game’s top stars.

Keane said: "Celtic are an excellent team with an excellent manager but like everyone else you have to keep looking to improve. Celtic just came up short in the league and in the UEFA Cup, like we did against Real Madrid, and there is such a fine line between winning and losing at the top level.

"The Champions League is hard. That's where you need the top players and, going by the UEFA Cup Final last season, Celtic lack that bit of magic.

"Maybe we've been lacking a bit ourselves but guys such as Ronaldinho and Ruud van Nistelrooy are thin on the ground. And when you consider their transfer fees and wages, it's going to be difficult for the likes of Celtic."

Van Nisterlrooy was certainly a key ingredient in Celtic’s humiliating demise in Seattle, scoring one and laying on another for Ryan Giggs to earn himself a thoroughly merited man-of-the-match award. Indeed, Ferguson conceded that, but for the lethal finishing of his lethal striking trio, the scoreline would likely have taken on a decidedly more respectable look from Celtic’s point of view.

"The half-time scoreline flattered us a little,” Fergie admitted, “but we scored some very good goals. Ruud’s goal was special. I don’t think there’s anyone in the word who can stop him when he gets into those sort of positions.

"Celtic made life difficult for us, though. They created chances and had a penalty kick which, had they’d scored it, might have made a difference. I don't believe they are so far away from us in terms of quality.”

Interesting comments,even if they are to be politically correct. I heard the second division amateur club who beat Rangers on Tuesday, were giving Rangers some praise for their effort too. At least they kept it close.... When is the big Linfield match again?

Captain

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0