Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Manchester United / Celtic in Seattle ...

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unbelievable!!!

What can you say that hasn't been said already!

I just wish the international media would stop complementing the Americans on their attendance and atmosphere THEY provided. It was definitely the Canadians from both the United and Celtic supporter groups who brought the party and not the dumbfounded Americans.

If only we could find the finance to build a stadium like that! What a fantastic venue! When our pics are developed and scanned (the misses is a bit of a shutterbug), I'll learn to use the imaging button and post them.

Once again, cheers Walks!

What an absolutely great experience to share with my two young boys. They were standing and singing (they're still singing! It was good thing that the PAU lads were drunk and slurring their lyrics because Adam and Kyle were singing along to the MAIN song but confused the "I can't hear a f#$king thing" with "I can't hear ANYthing")

All the way home they were singing:

"Who put the ball in Celtic's net? Who put the ball in Celtic's net? Who put the ball in Celtic's net? Ole Gunnar Solskjaer!"

They also got to meet the infamous Reedy, who was well behaved, I must say! Nice to meet revolutionary who seems like a quality lad. Good luck in Premier next year.

It was also great to go away someplace and see so many familiar faces. TTP was well represented and in great voice (well, the United supporters were, anyway). Always nice to put faces to names. It's too bad the head webmaster couldn't make it. You really missed out, Regs.

Thanks again, Walks!

Cheers

DJ

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Manchester United has an estimated 53 million fans worldwide.

Peter Kenyon, Manchester United's chief executive officer, didn't rule out Manchester United playing in Canada sometime in the future.

"These things are put together around where our fan base is and where our business opportunities are," he said.

"We know we have a good following in Canada. When we're looking at North America again I see it's feasible we will be looking at a game in Canada."

Hopefully it will be Vancouver and a revamped BC Place instead of Skydome in Toronto.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Djones you are a beauty

Later on in the brodcast,it showed your wee adam or kyle wearing a scholesey shirt standing down by the tunnell.
The missess and I both jumped up and yelled out that this was a wee jonesee!!

Well done Danno,your young lads and you are first classs!!!!

Kenno.

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
what a day!!!!

I can honestly say that was one of the best experiences of my life so far. Coach is completely right, DJones and family are class. Your kids are light years ahead of others in terms of confidence and friendliness and i wish them all the best... besides that any kid who before the age of 10 says Paul Scholes is his favorite player will have a glorious soccer career ahead of him. Also great to meet some other TTPers in a perfect setting.

This was the first time I had ever seen players of this caliber playing live and it was incredible! These guys play a different sport that the rest of us. We play soccer; they play football. TV just doesnt do these guys justice.

Once again thanks Walks, hopefully you can run some more of our games because the pints at the Nations wasnt enough for all the work that you did!

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahh....sweet victory...

Went down to the game with Cside and his crew...great job organizing the trip Bernie..the old man and I had a blast! Picture this, 50 people on the bus, only four of us United fans! Was a very quiet trip home, except for us four at the back snickering all the way! Rumour has it that Celtic spent Monday at Kells Pub...a little hungover for the match maybe? Tried to get into Kells at about 5pm Tuesday...no chance of that happening, so we did a bit of a pub crawl back to the stadium. Great game, great bunch of lads to party with. Brilliant all round.

lupoman:wa:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
"the match"

It appears everyone had a blast at the game. I left around 2 PM with my brothers and crossed at Sumas (Thanks to a pitstop in Abbey to get one of them), border traffic was about a 15 minute wait. I ended up in Downtown parked about 5 blocks from the Stadium at a cost of $9.00 US, Not too bad considering the location.

The game was awesome, I enjoyed seeing players I usually only get a glimpse of on the tube. Stadium as mentioned was packed, and I thought it could have been a little louder. I had the cheapest seats in the house, behind the South Goal about 6 rows from the top (Thanks Ticketmaster!) and still I had a great view and had an awesome time... Guy in front of us was a huge Celtic fan and was on his feet till about the 20th minute when I finally asked him to sit down unless something was happening on the pitch...fuking cnut was so drunk he went down for more beer right after and security took him away when he fell a couple of times coming back up the steep stairs..... I noticed he watched the rest of the game from the lower concourse vending area...lol.

I have watched a couple of the champions matches on tv the last couple of days and none of them appear to be sold out to the extent this match was... What a blast!!!

I wonder what kind of turn out they'd have in Vancouver for a match?

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would have loved to attend

... of course I would rather be here in Europe. I only saw highlights, which made it look like a lumping, but it sounds like everyone had a good time regardless of the team you were cheering for. I was actaully caught in a Berlin trainstation riot after a soccer game two nights ago upon arriving. All I was thinking is this is pre-season for fcuks sake.

PS - Walks, Prague was fcuking magic!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0