Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Luongo named captain

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luongo is the new Canucks captain.

Alternates are:

Ohlund
Mitchell
Kesler

Good choices? Any surprises?

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like the choices. Mitchell and Ohlund are no brainers, and I think they have high hopes for Kesler. Im curious how the league will respond to this.This announcement was nicely timed so that the league brass is in transit to Sweden....

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Comical - just to keep him interested they are going to make him the "pretend" captain? Maybe it will work as well as when they did it with Captain Kirk McLean.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
they dodged no goalie can be captain by naming the 3 alternate captains. The choices are either one captain and 2 alternates or 3 alternate captains.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't see the problem.

The Canucks have announced Luongo as their captain. On game days, they will submit the names of the 3 Alternate Captains Ohlund, Mitchell, Kesler. The rules say you can have 1 Captain and 2 Alternates, or NO Captain and 3 Alternates.

So at the very least, a good marketing move by the Canucks.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only when the Captain is not in uniform, the Coach shall have the
right to designate three Alternate Captains. This must be done prior to​
the start of the game.:cool:

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally I like it...........

The captain is the guy the media will go to............no problem there with it being Luongo! He is gonna get the attention anyways.

The captain has to be the face of the team both in public for PR appearances as well as in print for photo ops and selling advertising..........ah I think we all can agree Luongo is our superstar and thus he is the choice again.

So what if he can't skate to center ice and plead our case to an official........fcuk when does that ever work anyways:rolleyes:

If this team is to go anywhere, not just this year but every year till he leaves, it will be on his back! So he can't fight or lay out a huge hit.......stopping 40 shots a night probably will be just as effective me thinks:cool:

Well done Nucks!

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've got no problem with this at all. He's everything you could want in a captain, he carries the team most nights, so what are people complaining about?

From what I understand, the NHL will officially recognize him as the team captain, he just can't wear the C. So big deal, he can't go yap at the refs when they make a bad call, when have you ever seen a captain have a call overturned?

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I only see a problem with this in the playoffs. I have seen a few series deciders when the C needs to talk to the ref. At least to try and change momentum or the way penalty calls are going.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah, so this is why he can't wear the C. It said in the rules that the Assistants can't talk to the ref when the Captain is already on the ice. So this must be a dressing room thing.
I know noone hates to lose on that team more than Luongo.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0