Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

L'impact vs Toronto Fc

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
First TFC Goal: Shocking Flap/Punch at the ball off a corner by Serge, Falls to an unmarked De Rosario for the overhead bicycle finish

Second goal, terrible defending for a ball to fall to De Rosario in ACRES of space totally unmarked, he shoots and the ball goes by Serge (in reach of his right arm) who is standing on the goal line totally flatfooted.

The third De Ro goal is SHOCKING Defending and Touch by the centre back of Montreal, De RO goes in on a breakaway, AGAIN Serge gets a piece of the ball with his arms on his left side, ball goes in! :mad:

The Dos Santos subs Testo (The best Impact player on the park) for Stefan Pesoli (Mucker)
Guevarra's Free Kick was well taken, Serge was a touch slow coming across, but nothing you can really do there.

The 5th goal again on a corner. This time Serge doesn't come off his line and Barrett is totally unmarked. Sloppiest corner defense I've ever seen on a professionally televised game.

The 6th goal, was just a piece of shite. Montreal had quit in the 60th minute or so, and this is a goal you'd think you would have seen more of.

I have never seen such an abortion of a game that deliberate looking in my life.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
TFC had to win at what ever the cost. And Montreal knows how much to charge as they made a shot load from last year. And that's bussiness. Don't think it didn't happen cause it did.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah...that's what happened...TFC and Montreal got together and Montreal was paid off..

From what I heard apparently Elvis was in on these negotiations and helped broker the deal...all this was done last week in Kelowna where TFC and Impact staff stated that they saw a mysterious dragon like creature in the water....

Apparenlty their Kokanee beer was also stolen by a large hairy creature....

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
TFC had to win at what ever the cost. And Montreal knows how much to charge as they made a shot load from last year. And that's bussiness. Don't think it didn't happen cause it did.

Did you have anything to do with running this tournament?:D
:wa::wa::wa::wa::wa::wa::wa::wa::wa::wa::wa::wa::wa:

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I did we would have won...
And Gurps if you think payola doesnt happen you really are gullable.
Its been going on forever. Hell Refs get paid off. Managers.Teams.Even Firms get paid to rough house opposition...what planet have you been on. Pro Soccer is Bussiness first and thats a fact.
TFC could not miss this event after seeing how much $$$ Montreal made last year...No real extra pay to your players and how many more sold out games and TV rights...
My god man... teams and owners would do anything to protect their bussiness.
Anyone who thinks this only happens in Italy is an idiot...It happens everywhere at all levels...
Infact there were a group of Parents in Coq who hired a private investigator to follow a child around to prove that that child lived out of district and the same parents had the same PI try and dig up dirt on an official to try and get this certain official banned from doing games because their team was knocked out of Provincials and they thought that this official red carded to many kids in one game and wanted to prove $$$$ right here in our back yard....1 month ago.......
So if parents would do what ever it takes for a minor league You can bet the farm a millionaire who owns a bussiness would do what ever he had to as well.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I did we would have won...
And Gurps if you think payola doesnt happen you really are gullable.
Its been going on forever. Hell Refs get paid off. Managers.Teams.Even Firms get paid to rough house opposition...what planet have you been on. Pro Soccer is Bussiness first and thats a fact.
TFC could not miss this event after seeing how much $$$ Montreal made last year...No real extra pay to your players and how many more sold out games and TV rights...
My god man... teams and owners would do anything to protect their bussiness.
Anyone who thinks this only happens in Italy is an idiot...It happens everywhere at all levels...
Infact there were a group of Parents in Coq who hired a private investigator to follow a child around to prove that that child lived out of district and the same parents had the same PI try and dig up dirt on an official to try and get this certain official banned from doing games because their team was knocked out of Provincials and they thought that this official red carded to many kids in one game and wanted to prove $$$$ right here in our back yard....1 month ago.......
So if parents would do what ever it takes for a minor league You can bet the farm a millionaire who owns a bussiness would do what ever he had to as well.

I did not say that payoffs do not happen in soccer....at all levels..of course they do....

But I highly doubt this was a "conspiracy" between Montreal and Toronto.

So please....save us the conspiracy theories.:rolleyes:

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder why Vancouver did not get in on this conspiracy and pay off Montreal to start their best lineup?

Or Why Toronto did not pay off Vancouver to lose when they played?

Lots of theories out there....maybe it's time they bring back the X-files.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is a part of a reading I ripped of another site. Makes logical sense to me from Montreal's point of view. Then again, I am "gullable"

For Impact coach Mark Dos Santos who faced the prospect of playing two games in three days - the first a meaningless game in a competition his side were already eliminated from and 48 hours later an important league game - the game represented the ultimate no win situation.

Put your best team on the field and risk further injury to an already injury depleted side before facing the Whitecaps in what is turning out to be a must win game league game for the Impact on Saturday

OR

Field a mostly reserve squad, hope to keep the score close, bow out of the competition gracefully and rally the troops for Saturday’s USL1 showdown with Vancouver. . (You think this game suddenly has new meaning for the Whitecaps? – Oh and it just happens to be live on the CBC network…)

Most, make that almost all, coaches in the professional game would choose option two and hoped that their reserve players would come through with a professional effort in order to raise their stock in the eyes of the coach.

Ah the best laid plans of mice and men and coaches…

Unfortunately for Dos Santos his players laid the proverbial egg and have left a proud franchise looking very, very bad.

For the club it the third body blow in the past six months the first being rejection by MLS, the second the on field collapse in last year’s Champions League quarter-final versus Santos Laguna and then last night’s collapse.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Embarassing to say the least....

Seeing how the Whitecaps react on Saturday to Montreals performance should be interesting. Hope they blow them out again. 6-0 Caps on sat :wa:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0