Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Liberal / NDP Coalition Government

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just saying, for all those times your union bitches and moans about how teachers are so poorly compensated, and how tough you all have it, etc., etc., that maybe in times like this you should thank your lucky stars that you are essentially untouchable, while anyone else that isn’t a government employee right now is living in fear of losing their job.

Also, just saying, that it doesn’t matter what the budget news was, you were going to find a way to moan about it anyhow. Your point is moot.

Hugs n’ kisses.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No question that I'm recession proof. Is it fair. Not really. My real concern about the budget would be for people who are laid off. No changes to EI, not a long enough extension for benefits of those on EI.

On another note, not a very Conservative budget. The economist from the Fraser Institute was almost frothing at the mouth last night on the national.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it fair? Are you freaking kidding me? Every fcuking time your crooked union goes on strike and sticks it to us, you all do nothing but claim your recession proof job security is totally fair! We can't fire you even if you're the shittiest teacher on the planet!

All your union and union supporters do is argue that your job security is completely fair, so don't try and tell me now you think it is unfair.

Otherwise you and I agree.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, are you serious??? You have to know that so called "unionists" are much like your professional protesters, and while they don't sit out in front of the art gallery every weekend protesting the flavour of the month at Baskin Robbins and arguing how it violates the Charter of Rights and Freedoms (don't even get me started on that piece of shite document) they always seem to find something to complain about. It's very much a requirement of union membership!!!!

:bronco:

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
...and it seems to be the rights of the non-unionists to complain about the unionists... so it's only fair....:rolleyes:

btw, i'm not an unionist - just love to watch the fights...;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to see our communist friend Jack Layton still playing petty politics though ;)

Ignatieuff has taken the hard road here, by "holding his nose" and promising to vote for the budget with the caveat that the Tories will have to report every 3 months thier progress I believe the opposition is doing it's job. That is refreshing to me as a Conservative who believes the Country needs healthy opposition, and should be refreshing to all of those who voted Liberal.

Nice to see the mudslinging by the two true Political Parties in Canada at a minimum at the moment.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think you misunderstood me Dude. I was stating that it is not fair that we are recession proof compared to other working people who don't have that luxury. There was no smiley on purpose. Also, just because I'm in this union, please don't insinuate that I agree with anything it does. If they spent half as much time on things that would actually benefit students/families/teachers as they do on protecting the bad/weak/incompetent and complaining about everything this government does, things would be a lot better and peaceful in our schools. Also, while I'm complaining, let's hook up a little cash for teachers who coach. That's not something the bctf would ever support.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also, just because I'm in this union, please don't insinuate that I agree with anything it does. If they spent half as much time on things that would actually benefit students/families/teachers as they do on protecting the bad/weak/incompetent and complaining about everything this government does, things would be a lot better and peaceful in our schools.

Fair enough. Didn't mean to pigeonhole you. Actually, I did, but that is beside the point. I said I'm sorry, so God still loves me.

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think you misunderstood me Dude. I was stating that it is not fair that we are recession proof compared to other working people who don't have that luxury. There was no smiley on purpose. Also, just because I'm in this union, please don't insinuate that I agree with anything it does. If they spent half as much time on things that would actually benefit students/families/teachers as they do on protecting the bad/weak/incompetent and complaining about everything this government does, things would be a lot better and peaceful in our schools. Also, while I'm complaining, let's hook up a little cash for teachers who coach. That's not something the bctf would ever support.

Careful OD, some of us might be out of a job. ;) Teachers do not have to apologize for having a job that is not influenced by the economy (oh wait, if the gov't has less money to spend it does effect us)

Also I would never want to see teachers being paid as coaches. Then it is a job, not an enjoyment. Also, you would have staff members doing it for the money. Not good for kids. Think of the all the shaddy crap that happens in community sports that pay their coaches. Enough of that already happens in school sports.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little something for the effort wouldn't hurt. Not all of us run volleyball clubs where we take a cut...;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are politics w/ or without pay. Doesn't change much, except bringing more accountability to the table, and a higher level of both coaching and expectation from those involved.

Agree OD, you need to be compensated in some regard for coaching, assuming you are coaching w/ the credentials.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0