Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lance Armstrong busted for doping.....

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheating is cheating. And there's many of people who beat Cancer but never got any sort of recognition from people other than their families and friends. The guy is a cheater, bottom line.
Livewrong

I absolutely Agree that they aren't noticed enough but without cheating and being the "icon" that he was there would be millions of dollars that wouldn't have been raised for cancer. Sometimes a wrong does make a right.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I absolutely Agree that they aren't noticed enough but without cheating and being the "icon" that he was there would be millions of dollars that wouldn't have been raised for cancer. Sometimes a wrong does make a right.

The more and more I learn about Livestrong, the less I am a fan of it. It seems that there is not only a massive "overhead" (part of which surely goes back into lining LAs jeans), but it is my understanding none of the actual charitable funds go into Cancer research, apparently it goes into survivor benefits.

It still raises a lot of awareness for cancer releated causes- which is great- but all is not how it seems on the surface. Sort of how the Embridge Ride to Conquer Cancer has a massive overhead to support the business side of the charity, while only ~$.25 of every dollar actually ends up going to charity.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nike dumps Lance Armstrong as he steps down from his Livestrong charity

As the empire begins to crumble.

Next big bomb will be the UCI, who've now been accused of taking bribes from Livestrong...

I don't know whether to be sad, fascinated, or indifferent.

I still stand by my assertation that the boys were on an even playing field...drugs affect different athletes in different ways, but the you still see a correlation between the best athletes having the biggest benefit- which makes total sense. When Contador was unstoppable he was a younger, stronger, faster athlete than Armstrong. They were likely on the same PED program.

I'm a little sad because I love this sport, and to some level I'm willing to accept that these guys do what they do, and I'm still seeing the top performances from the top performers. If they were all clean, I believe the results would stand. Drugs or not, the stories of Armstrong's training methods are stuff of legend. They were all using, but he was the only one doing multiple repeats in the Alps to pre-scout the hills, and learn where he had the extra gear, and when he had to maintain. He worked harder than anyone. Yes, he was dirty...but they all were / are. The reality of it is that he was not only dirty, but a dick, and ruthless in his pursuit. There are a lot of guys that were stepped on by LA on the way up that are now having their day in the press. Can I blame them?

I'm fascinated by how fast this is unraveling for LA. Three months ago, he was a leading contender to win Hawaii Ironman, which would have put him on a pedestal nobody has been on. Now, he's about as attractive as the plague.

The indifferent part of me? Not surprised by any of this.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like I've said before: I don't know and don't care whether or not he is/was dirty. What I don't like and get is the witch hunt and tax dollars being spent on it.

LA was a great fundraiser, a source of inspiration for many cancer victims and an excellent athlete- the Best in his class.

The sport is dirty and yet no smoking gun has been delivered and all you have is the people he beat or stepped on turning rat on him to lessen their own sanctions from their cheating.

I know you love the sport Dude, but the sport is a fringe sport at best and will now go back into total anonymity that Armstrong is done/banned/retired what have you. He put cycling on the map and now they've thrown him under the bus.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nike dumps Lance Armstrong as he steps down from his Livestrong charity

As the empire begins to crumble.

Next big bomb will be the UCI, who've now been accused of taking bribes from Livestrong...

I don't know whether to be sad, fascinated, or indifferent.

I still stand by my assertation that the boys were on an even playing field...drugs affect different athletes in different ways, but the you still see a correlation between the best athletes having the biggest benefit- which makes total sense. When Contador was unstoppable he was a younger, stronger, faster athlete than Armstrong. They were likely on the same PED program.

I'm a little sad because I love this sport, and to some level I'm willing to accept that these guys do what they do, and I'm still seeing the top performances from the top performers. If they were all clean, I believe the results would stand. Drugs or not, the stories of Armstrong's training methods are stuff of legend. They were all using, but he was the only one doing multiple repeats in the Alps to pre-scout the hills, and learn where he had the extra gear, and when he had to maintain. He worked harder than anyone. Yes, he was dirty...but they all were / are. The reality of it is that he was not only dirty, but a dick, and ruthless in his pursuit. There are a lot of guys that were stepped on by LA on the way up that are now having their day in the press. Can I blame them?

I'm fascinated by how fast this is unraveling for LA. Three months ago, he was a leading contender to win Hawaii Ironman, which would have put him on a pedestal nobody has been on. Now, he's about as attractive as the plague.

The indifferent part of me? Not surprised by any of this.

Looks like he will see in jail by the end of 2013. The amount of money he embezzled from drugstrong is going to put him there.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did Kobe, Jordan, or Tiger get dropped from Nike?
(Rape, gambling, hookers/adultery)

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did Kobe, Jordan, or Tiger get dropped from Nike?
(Rape, gambling, hookers/adultery)

Not to mention every one of these athletes has been said to be a complete prick. A lot of top top athletes, CEO's etc are complete assholes. They are extreme A type, driven to success and thoroughly believe they are better then you. That's how they get to the top, doing whatever it takes combined with extreme ability. They have no problem stepping on people or laying off thousands to improve their own bottom line. Not every athlete or success person is like this but fukc it's not uncommon. Maybe this is partially why society loves to jump all over a chance to bring them down and well jealousy of course.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like I've said before: I don't know and don't care whether or not he is/was dirty. What I don't like and get is the witch hunt and tax dollars being spent on it.

LA was a great fundraiser, a source of inspiration for many cancer victims and an excellent athlete- the Best in his class.

The sport is dirty and yet no smoking gun has been delivered and all you have is the people he beat or stepped on turning rat on him to lessen their own sanctions from their cheating.

I know you love the sport Dude, but the sport is a fringe sport at best and will now go back into total anonymity that Armstrong is done/banned/retired what have you. He put cycling on the map and now they've thrown him under the bus.

JBN, you ususally write some pretty intelligent stuff, but saying it is a fringe sport is the same as Canadian and American people saying soccer is a fringe sport. Or you saying F1 is a fringe sport. In Europe, it is the #2 sport after Soccer. It is a multi billion dollar sport with huge stakes, and that monney supports the most sophisticated PED programs around.

He put the sport on the map in America and Canada, but he didn't put it on the map. Come on man...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like he will see in jail by the end of 2013. The amount of money he embezzled from drugstrong is going to put him there.

I'll believe anything now. Embezzled will be hard to prove. The word "Charity" these days is loosly written. Several legitimate, functioning charities in our own backyard support private investors by way of their administrative and management fees.

It would be interesting to study the financials of Livestrong, and their holding company.

Pharmstrong & Strongarm are two other good nicks going around.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN, you ususally write some pretty intelligent stuff, but saying it is a fringe sport is the same as Canadian and American people saying soccer is a fringe sport. Or you saying F1 is a fringe sport. In Europe, it is the #2 sport after Soccer. It is a multi billion dollar sport with huge stakes, and that monney supports the most sophisticated PED programs around.

He put the sport on the map in America and Canada, but he didn't put it on the map. Come on man...

I know it's a massive sport worldwide, I meant North America- you are correct in that I came up short on quantifying that, however my take still stands.

Average joes didn't give a rip about cycling, ESPN never played highlights of the tour de whatever unless it was a massive crash where 50 guys went down etc. Every tom dick and harry had a yellow wristband on... etc etc etc.

In North America there are many "fringe sports" that are massive world wide...
Rugby, F1, Cricket, hell, even Soccer could be coined Fringe (in as far as pro ranks and televised coverage etc) by some... just as Hockey Baseball and Throwball are fringe in other parts of the world.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know it's a massive sport worldwide, I meant North America- you are correct in that I came up short on quantifying that, however my take still stands.

Average joes didn't give a rip about cycling, ESPN never played highlights of the tour de whatever unless it was a massive crash where 50 guys went down etc. Every tom dick and harry had a yellow wristband on... etc etc etc.

In North America there are many "fringe sports" that are massive world wide...
Rugby, F1, Cricket, hell, even Soccer could be coined Fringe (in as far as pro ranks and televised coverage etc) by some... just as Hockey Baseball and Throwball are fringe in other parts of the world.

Ummm...hockey? It's a fringe sport everywhere but in Canada. You can also argue NFL, Baseball, and basketball are fringe in Europe.

Point being, just because a sport is "fringe" in one area, it doesn't mean that it is fringe in others. Besides JBN, just because you don't actually pedal a bike and / or seek it out on TV, doesn't mean it isn't huge. The participation in road riding is pretty substantial here and in the US, otherwise Strongarm would not have been able to capitalize commercially. Cycling was pretty big before he started winning tours, and you can probably blame Greg LeMond for that, actually. All LA did was make it more mainstream so that muppets like you can discuss it in open forum.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sadly, I'm still a fan of LA the athlete. Not LA the person so much, but still in awe of what he was able to do...cranked or not. At 17 he decided to take on the triathlon world...USA Cycling saw a freak of nature, recruited him to spend all his time riding, and here we are today. A legacy built up and now in shambles.

UCI next...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TBL, I found your Halloween costume for this year:
I'm dressing as Lance for Halloween. Gonna' have my yellow jersey, tights with one tennis ball off to the side, an IV drip plugged into one arm, some syringes hanging out my butt-cheeks, a Dopestrong bracelet, and a nifty aero helmet. Going to deny ever having touched alcohol as I double fist it all night long.

Dopestrong...classic!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what's next for LA? Would be pretty tough to come clean now after vehemently denying doping for all of this time. He's not an old man...he still has many, many years on this planet so which way does he go? Deny to his grave or get out in front and come clean?

Thoughts?

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what's next for LA? Would be pretty tough to come clean now after vehemently denying doping for all of this time. He's not an old man...he still has many, many years on this planet so which way does he go? Deny to his grave or get out in front and come clean?

Thoughts?

What's Ben Johnson doing?

seriously i wouldnt count out suicide. every man has his breaking point. How does he sleep at night?

If the new embezzlement talks are true, lance just might turn out to be the biggest joke of our generation.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thoughts?

I have thought about this...

He will still have "Plenty of Zeros" in his bank account. I'd be shocked if he ever served a day in jail.

~House in the Bahamas
~House in Artgentina
~40' Catamaran
~Recruit a couple of 21 year old bombshell "first mates" that wouldn't mind spending the rest of their lives being kept women.
~Spend your remaining days surfing, sailing, fcuking, eating, drinking, repeat.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0