Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lance Armstrong busted for doping.....

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
all 7 tour de france titles to be removed.

This coming after he just won the Hawaiin 1/2 Ironman.

discuss lol

a cycling on peds ? wow

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
no way he will be stripped of anything.

The story states that a few or one USADA guy has people claiming to have witnessed him actually doping, but without a smoking gun in as far as video or pictures of him physically doping, his 150+ passed doping tests will prevail.

Makes for nice cannon fodder on a slow news day though...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
no way he will be stripped of anything.

The story states that a few or one USADA guy has people claiming to have witnessed him actually doping, but without a smoking gun in as far as video or pictures of him physically doping, his 150+ passed doping tests will prevail.

Makes for nice cannon fodder on a slow news day though...

I've been in a cocoon to have not heard about this! Just goggled, and wow.

I'll repeat what I've always stated: I can't believe he's clean, but certainly none of the top tour performers over the past 20 years have been, either. It is without a doubt an even playing field in professional cycling. In fact, when Ryder took the Giro, the first thought I had was "I hope he's clean", but I doubt it.

The pro Ironman circuit is a different animal. Not nearly the same amount of money exists in triathlon as pro cycling. I can't say that it is an even playing field in this sport, since really, outside the top 5, maybe 10 worldwide, there simply isn't enough money- corporately or individually- to execute a performance enhancing program to the level pro cycling can. Top triathletes aren't earning into the millions, they are into the hundreds of thousands. They have to be very, very careful.

All that said, I'm disappointed. My belief is the USADA will always be on a mission to nail LA. They want to make an example of arguably the most successful individual sports athlete to ever live. I don't think they'll ever get him. There are only "witnesses"- as in former teammates who've made deals to testify- but no irrevocable medical proof.

I was really looking forward to following the sport again this season. It's been so boring since the Euros have taken over; LA coming back to the sport is exactly what it needed. I remember when LA retired, thinking I'd love to see this guy take a run at Hawaii Ironman. Well, now he's posted a couple of dominating wins in the halfs (he could always swim well, obviously he's a beast on the bike, but seems he's found his running speed now, too), and was on his way to France to take on a full. The guy is a freak of nature, and I love watching him compete...especially at this level as a 41 year old, turning the triathlon world on its ear.

Disappointed, but not surprised.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember seeing something on him where he could pedal at 50 km/h (I think that was the speed) for something like 25 minutes straight. They tested top NCAA athletes for comparison and they averaged something like 3 minutes. It was insane to see how much better he was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember seeing something on him where he could pedal at 50 km/h (I think that was the speed) for something like 25 minutes straight. They tested top NCAA athletes for comparison and they averaged something like 3 minutes. It was insane to see how much better he was.

His heart is actually abnormally large for his body, he's literally a genetic freak, built for endurance sports. Don't ask him to swing a bat, dribble a ball, or do anything very skill based, though. Terrible athlete in any skill sport.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
the yellow jersey has been replaced with the new third jersey from the whitecaps. It represents bullshit!

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lance Armstrong........
He's denied ever using drugs....

but he has admitted pedalling.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
His heart is actually abnormally large for his body, he's literally a genetic freak, built for endurance sports. Don't ask him to swing a bat, dribble a ball, or do anything very skill based, though. Terrible athlete in any skill sport.

Secretariat?

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
hahahah hes actually been caught cheating about 20 times.

He's also raising BILLIONS of dollars via livestrong for cancer research...

why do you think its a kept secret

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So...try now for a minute and immagine if the USADA got it's man, and LA is indeed stripped of his 7 titles in the TDF. Who the hell will go in the books as the winner?

I was talking w/ a buddy about this last week, and I started racking my head...who would be awarded the wins? In any of his 7? Check out this attachment...the year of his last TDF win, 7 of the top 10 have since been punnished in one way or another for PEDS.

armstrong1150px.jpg

The level of hypocracy is outstanding...and the fact that the US government is spending good taxpayer dollars chassing a cyclist who earned his millions and his fame in Europe is even better. NFL, NCAA, hello?

Then there is triathlon, which was as dirty as filthy gets in the beginning because there was no money for dope testing. In fact, there wasn't a lot of cash for really good stuff. I remember the "The Bomb", which was an Ironman staple in the late '80s & early '90s (I tried it in 1991, Palm Springs, Desert Princess- the shite works). Flat coke mixed with Aspirin and "Wake up", the stuff truck drivers pop for night trips. Red Bull? That's kids stuff.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The taxpayer money wasted on shite like this is ridiculous, look no further than the Clemens situation for how stupid the powers that be are. Let LA move on for gods sake.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
My insider has officially established credibility lol The Newsroom is the best show on tv

lance armstrong - the biggest joke in sports history

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0