Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ladner Over-35 Thursday Night League 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who?

Hopefully Captain you will lend him those Boots. I can skip cutting the grass again I guess. Can't wait to see this.:eek:

Parkheadmightjuststopby ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your grass is going to be very long, Parkhead. I knew you couldn't stay away once you watched a quality game. :rolleyes: I guarantee you a BIG surprise in net if you show up tomorrow. We might even have a chance to win.......:eek:

KNVB,

I assume you're not able to play because you said you couldn't make it to darts because of your father in-law's birthday. Hopefully I didn't make an ASS out of U and ME?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, Parkhead's debut in the Over-35's was almost successful. We were actually tied 0 - 0 at the half. I believe that was the first time this year. Of course, I jinxed him at half-time by telling him this. The second half started off well for us, as we actually went up 1 - 0. The Captain scored on a partial breakaway. Then the Captain was brought down in the box for a penalty. The Captain promptly stepped up and put the ball over the bar and into Holly Elementary school. I didn't actually step up but the guy who scored both penalties last week told me to go ahead. A learning experience. Then we decided to play with the ball at the back and were burned for TWO goals, which our last man tried beating Brent Branka(sp?) and he stole the ball and scored on Parkhead, who could do nothing. The only goal I thought Parkhead should have stopped was the cross on the first goal.

We went down 3 - 1 but scored to make it 3 - 2. The Captain notched his second of the game with a chip over the keeper from inside the 18. :) They scored the second of the steals to make it 4 - 2 and we scored with Scud setting up someone for a goal, making it 4 - 3. No more chances for us in the last few minutes but we actually did okay. Overall, a decent game for us, despite the penalty miss. Besides, I said last week I would never score a cheap penalty. That is the main reason I missed. :rolleyes:

Could we play next week, Blazearmy? I hope so. I want to score a hat-trick on you. :)

The Platinum stats went from 40% to 43.5%......:wa:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by ParkHead
Knvb you putz how could you lower yourself to that level. The Captain is a cripple so he qualifies. The Twins well that says enough already. If that is not the best example for why we should not clone humans I don't know what is.
Knvb you are a silly silly man.

Waste O Time!!!

Parkhead
Tre-men-dous stuff Parkhead. ;)

Captain, if I scored two in the O'35 am I allowed to refer to myself in the third person too? Or is that only for self-proclaimed Platinum boot winners?

KNVB thinks that this is all pretty funny. :D

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

I don't think we can play next week. You're never scoring a hat trick against me. Maybe we will be play the week after.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When you score 43.5% of your team's goals, you can pretty much refer to yourself any way you choose, whether it be first, second, third, or thirty eigth for that matter. ;) You just get ready for the Nations Cup so you can maybe pot about 50% of the Captain's total for the season........:)

Captainwhobettergettoschoolnow :eek:

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tomorrow is a full day for the Captain, as I have to stick around until 3:00. I will get lots done

Perhaps if you got to school before 9:03am you wouldn't have to stay until 3. How's the haircut Willis. Well worth the discretionary?

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, if I scored two in the O'35 am I allowed to refer to myself in the third person too?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm quite frankly impressed that KNVB of all people knows what the third person is.:D

Captain, way to keep your integrity by shanking that penalty. I've always looked to you as a role model. Will you be sporting the barefoot and pyjama look again tomorrow?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, I will be in the buff. Pyjamas might be too constricting. I will be there at 5:45 with everything in tact. We will stick to 24 shirts because Latu and Padraig don't want shirts anyway. I'm sure we can talk 2 other people out of wanting a shirt.

Captain

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knvb,

After watching you play in net I figured anyone could do it so why not. Besides it is all about the benifits(sp). What they are I am still not sure but there will be benifeits(sp).:D

If I had anything that resembled a backline anything at all I could have held them to 1.:rolleyes:

ParkheadIbelieveIamofficiallyretiredasagoalienow.

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel the need to point out that of all the guest-goalies featured this season in the Ladner O-35 League, The Power was the only one to record a victory. That says something about the level of dedication and commitment that I bring to the field. Unparalleled professionalism.

thepowerwhoisluckyhedidn'thavetoplayagainstanyotherteam

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Power because of the high standard in this league I don't think anyone would mind or notice if you played with your crutches. Unless of course you blow by the guys with the walkers to fast. :rolleyes: :D

See you tonight for some pints at Assos.?

Parkhead

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Assuming I don't have an accident on the way over, I should be there. Then again, I know I won't have an accident because Crash Dart won't be driving. :wa:

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,
Thanks for the scouting report. It was spot on. Apparently the Irainian National team have a bit of time off right now. At least 5 that we have not seen before, showed tonight. Tnuc's beat us 6-2. A very limp effort from PFC tonight, but we will be geared for the B cup next week. Hopefully we get your lot or Blazes, we could use an easy run.
;)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for our game last night our offensive highlight was making them take a couple of goal kicks. I think in the second half our best chance was a bad back pass on a punt downfield by myself.
Needless to say we lost 6-0.

One more loss and the dream game against the Platinum boot winner is on hand. Captain, so you know that game will be on a Wednesday. this assumes of course that all holds true and both teams lose next week. I'm pretty sure we can hold up our end of that one.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
B final

It's PFC off to the B final. A not very convincing win over TSW. A very shaky 2-0 deficit was overcome with a tremendous come from behind 3-2 win. Heart, class, staying power it was all there. Oddly the only thing missing was the Captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0