Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ladner Over-35 Thursday Night League 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
.Cheers Steve.

How many times do you guys have to yell at Elvis being offside? he even stopped a goal as goalbound chot hit him while he was offside. As for the breakaways, tonight I was quite good, i believe I even thwarted you a couple times.

I assume you scored last goal as I got all screwed around after stepping in hole. As for our ringers we don't call them that when we're trying to start a game with 11 men. If you noticed it was once again a futile attempt to make 11. we played 2 guys who haven't played with us this year however in their defence they do play with our guys in Over 40 league. Once again a quite useless performance by a Thistle team at it's absolute worst. Thank God i've been playing well all year for us or we would be in as dire straits as the captains team:D

Hopefully we can get a full team for playoffs starting next week. If everyone comes out we are a pretty solid team and could do some damage.(if everyone comes out:rolleyes: )

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Jenna Jamieson called you mini Napolean, would you ask if it was a compliment or piss take?

:rolleyes:

~Regs.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this a compliment or piss-take?

Probably the biggest insult I've see on here in a long time. MASSIVE piss-take, CIC. He catches balls like his nails have just been done and he's trying to dry them. That's not a good thing.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Jenna Jamison were talking to me I'm not sure I would be able to remember anything she said.
How could she say anything with your..............................never mind.;)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Checked website.

Captain and Crew play next wednesady in the 1 vs 8 playoff match.

Happy to say my goals against is over 3.5:rolleyes:

If all goes well we will hopefully play the Captains team in a few weeks after being knocked out of playoffs.

army

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's hard not to be most unsportsmanlike when you never have 11 guys on the field. There is fewer of them to card than the rest of us.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's even more difficult to get more cards when we only have a couple of legitimate players on our roster.

As for the 'award', on behalf of our team, I would like to decline the fcuking thing. I have NEVER been a part of a team which has won the most sportsmanlike anything and I am proud of it. This is certainly a dark day in my career. :(

Steve, are you going to bring those jerseys on Thursday? I will stop by if you are. Otherwise, I'll be at Association Park watching the game there.

Also, I have been awarded the Platinum Boot for the league. I have scored the largest percentage of a teams total goals, with 8 out of 20 , for a 40% strike rate. The other guys who scored 11 goals were only clipping along at 11/37 for a 29.7% strike rater, 11/38 for a 28.9%, and 11/40 for a measly 27.5% strike rate. So, it is with great pride that I accept the Platinum Boot for the Over-35s league. I couldn't have done this without my teammates. Thanks again, lads. ;)

CaptainPlatinum

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CP,

Congrats on your giving yourself The Platinum Boot Award. Well deserved, especially after seeing a whole game for you guys on Wednesday. imagine 8 goals and he doesn't take peanlties.

In a similar vein, I like to give myself The Cement Pylon award for being the goalkeeper with highest goals against.(OD and friends are ineligible, they are not registered and giving up 10 is just padding stats as far as I'm concerned) I'd like to thank my teammates, for without them I have no doubt I would not have been able to accomplish this great feat. On a side note i'd like to not thank Jimmy on my team as in my one no show he managed to give up only 1 goal destroying my hopes of a 4.00 GAA.

As for most unsportsmanlike I'd like to think we won that award with our 3 red cards and that most gentlemenly of players, Rosie.
I even got a card, the ref said I did it on purpose but if i had the clothesline I gave would have put the guy out for months:D

Onto a game with the Landing and there Best GAA award for Tony Marra. Damn people just shoot high. He's only 5'2" for christ sakes.

Damnnit, get me another beer.

Army

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations on your award, BlazeArmy. We should get our trophies and get a photo taken on Thursday night. Either way, our seasons will be over on Wednesday/Thursday respectively, so we better go out with a bang. You better give up 7 and I am going to have to score at least a hat-trick, something I have only done ONCE before in men's soccer. :eek: What is the Delta backline like? I can't remember.

Captain

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tony.......

Army:

Tony is 5'2"? He wishes!!! I work with the silly fazoo; maybe if he's wearing elevator cleats:D :D :D

Actually, he's reputed to be a decent keeper, even if he is vertically challenged. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go upstairs and pummel him again.....:D

Captain:

Once again, sorry about the no-show; I just couldn't get it to work logistically despite my best (or worst?) intentions. Hope the season wasn't a total write-off for you guys; I'd still like to hook up with you lot sometime..... Worst case scenario, we'll be at Steves on Wednesday agin Animal and his ugly blue mob of miscreants (did I mention we're in green?).

I know - Bad Stew for crosspissting. I should probably be spanked.....:rolleyes:

Good luck in your games.

Beers,

Stew:cool:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

you may not realize this but the season does not end if you lose your game Wednesday. Losers go to a B side. If you lose that game there is a game against the other team that has lost in the B pool. Season ends July 9/10. after that there are no games.

I got your trophy, DITH would like to present it, so until next week your trophyless.

Army

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
you may not realize this but the season does not end if you lose your game Wednesday. Losers go to a B side.

Unlucky Captain. How's that for kick in the nuts. Just when you think your out they pull you back in. HAHAha

:wa: :wa:

Parkhead

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,
Will these do? They are not exactly platinum, and the league does not have a lot of money. Not to mention the fact that you have created this award for yourself.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steve1234,

I will take them. At this stage of my 'career', I'll take anything. BTW, are you able to bring the Celtic shirts to the park on Thursday night? If so, I will swing over your way. Send me a PM or just post here. Cheers.

The word on the street is WE have a guest goalie tomorrow night filling in for KNVB, who will be destroying his father-in-law in darts. I will not reveal the information but it would be entertaining for anyone who is in the area to come and watch....

Captain

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic Shirts

Captain.
I will see you Thursday, I will swing by association on my way to Holly. NTL or Carling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0